You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Applaud for Comolli and the owners

Judge

Guest Numero Veinticinco

I think Comolli was right to thank the new owners for their trust and belief. I'm sure we'd have spent a little more heavily if we had been able to get the Meireles money out faster.

We're in the early stages of the rebuild, on and off the pitch. On the pitch, stages one and two are to sell the dead wood/get rid of those on ridiculous wages, and to buy in players that are solid and we can build a team around. The frills and spills come later. Off the pitch, getting our financial house in order, so that we can spend our own profits, has been something important.

The owners, so far, have behaved very well. There's a few niggles for the pedants to worry about, but I'll leave that to them. Things are very much improved. Next step: Stadium.

When you see what has been achieved in less than a year it underlines just how badly the club had been managed (or not really) off the field previously.

From top to bottom it now feels as if there are people in post who know what the task is and are capable of achieving success in the own spheres for the benefit of the club.

While the experience of the last owners has left us all much more cynical and questioning I really do feel a great sense of anticipation and excitement for what can be achieved.

Very solid this summer. Obviously i'd have wanted us to bring in someone like Mata too. But the most important thing was to get the foundations of a top 4 side in place and get rid of all the fucking worthless piece of garbage we had managed to bring in during the reign of terror.

Read somewhere that we had managed to cut our anual wages with £30 million this window. If this is true it's absolutely brilliant.

I think Comolli was right to thank the new owners for their trust and belief. I'm sure we'd have spent a little more heavily if we had been able to get the Meireles money out faster.

We're in the early stages of the rebuild, on and off the pitch. On the pitch, stages one and two are to sell the dead wood/get rid of those on ridiculous wages, and to buy in players that are solid and we can build a team around. The frills and spills come later. Off the pitch, getting our financial house in order, so that we can spend our own profits, has been something important.

The owners, so far, have behaved very well. There's a few niggles for the pedants to worry about, but I'll leave that to them. Things are very much improved. Next step: Stadium.

Agree with every word of that.

Read somewhere that we had managed to cut our anual wages with £30 million this window. If this is true it's absolutely brilliant.

That's significant money that can be put into redeveloping Anfield.

A special thanks to Konchesky, Cole, Ngog, Degen, Poulsen and co. Not exactly fantastic on the pitch, but your legacy will be a bigger stadium.

We hope.

Edited by mypost

Too drunk to read this thread in its whole, but i remember many people saying the owners are cunts for not sacking Roy in the days after the blackburn game.

Shocking

I'm not sure who this is aimed at, but I have have critisized the owners for not sacking Hodgson earlier. I claimed it to be a very costly mistake, which it imo proved to be.

I didn't call them cunts though.

I'm not sure who this is aimed at, but I have have critisized the owners for not sacking Hodgson earlier. I claimed it to be a very costly mistake, which it imo proved to be.

I didn't call them cunts though.

Wasnt aimed at anyone in particular mate. I just remember people likening them to H&G because they didnt sack him straight after the B'Burn game.

They've been top class and Im made up they own our club.

I dont want owners to be lumping their own cash in to spend on players cos it never works i want us to be able to spend what we make on players and not have a big fuck off wedge go out of the club in interest payments for the pleasure of having wankers in charge

But what we have seen with the owners we have is their ability to understand that you have to move fast to land the players you want and they didnt hold back they made that possible if they carry on like that they will do for me

No, next step. Be consistent and win a trophy (league cup) to instill some confidence. If we can do that or do better than 4th then thoughts can move to a stadium, and not before. One of the problems with the previous regime was that they weren't all pulling in the same direction.