You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

*Shakes head* Everton again.

Fugitive

On 03/12/2023 at 19:29, Anubis said:

Not sure where the Tsimikas hate is coming from. Robbo and Trent have both give up goals by being beaten at the far post. He’ll, at one point Trent was forging himself a new career out of it. Our problems today didn’t come down our left. It was the amount of times they got in down our right flank which was hurting us.

I desperately want Trent to get the permanent move into midfield. That winner on the weekend was talismanic - the same way we used to look to Gerrard - and that’s what Trent should be to us now. 

I get the point of it frees him up as the extra man in midfield, but it compromises the other 3 defenders and the right sided midfielder, usually Mac, who have to cover. And when he’s in there more it doesn’t stop people targeting the left anyway as whether people like it or not, he’s not a natural or good defender. He can tackle great though - he’s athletic, strong and aggressive. 

He’s world class ON the ball. 

Get him moved up with the chance to roam and hurt teams with goals as well as assists. Then get a dyed in the wool right back in.

Kloppo knows best, but I want this. Give it to me. Immediately 

• Downvote 1

10 hours ago, Barrington Womble said:

and newcastle and everton absolutely hate each other for a reason i can never quite work out. 

It was Gary Speed. The Blues were fuming he went to a "smaller club" and Newcastle were fuming that they were fuming, and they've been in a "bigger club" dick measuring contest ever since.

• Upvote 2

Newcastle haven't won the league in nearly 100 years and have dodged trophies since the early 50s FA successes. The Intercity fairs Cup isn't recognised by UEFA and whoncounts a intertoto cup so they've won fuck all bar the 2nd division in in 67 seasons. 30 teams have won a major trophy since Newcastle 

Sunderland

Middlesbrough

West Ham

Southampton

Stoke City

Wolverhampton Wanderers

Derby

Coventry

Norwich

Aston Villa

Wigan

Luton

Wimbledon

Nottingham Forest

Oxford

Portsmouth

Sheffield Wednesday

Swansea

Tottenham Hotspur

Birmingham

Blackburn

Chelsea

Ipswich

Leeds

Leicester

Liverpool

Manchester United

Everton

Arsenal

Manchester City

13 hours ago, Curly said:

I desperately want Trent to get the permanent move into midfield. That winner on the weekend was talismanic - the same way we used to look to Gerrard - and that’s what Trent should be to us now. 

I get the point of it frees him up as the extra man in midfield, but it compromises the other 3 defenders and the right sided midfielder, usually Mac, who have to cover. And when he’s in there more it doesn’t stop people targeting the left anyway as whether people like it or not, he’s not a natural or good defender. He can tackle great though - he’s athletic, strong and aggressive. 

He’s world class ON the ball. 

Get him moved up with the chance to roam and hurt teams with goals as well as assists. Then get a dyed in the wool right back in.

Kloppo knows best, but I want this. Give it to me. Immediately 

I think this is fair. We were hurt so much by it that Klopp brought Gomez on as a natural RB. It worked out well in the end too. With Trent in midfield you get a lot of creativity and an extra goal threat but equally you can't just use a back three all the time and not expect to concede a few too. If Fulham can break us down then better teams will too. Losing Matip long term(I hope not!) will be a big blow too.

Edit; why was your post in the Everton thread Curly?

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, dave u said:

It was Gary Speed. The Blues were fuming he went to a "smaller club" and Newcastle were fuming that they were fuming, and they've been in a "bigger club" dick measuring contest ever since.

That makes sense. Shows what an absolute embarrassment of a club both are, that they're getting into handbags over Gary speed. 

4 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

That makes sense. Shows what an absolute embarrassment of a club both are, that they're getting into handbags over Gary speed. 

Speed was an excellent player and his death was tragic as I believe he transformed Wales as a manager. In terms of playing for Everton and Newcastle,he was cashing in on his latter playing years and Everton simply are a selling club and wouldnt match his wages.

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

Speed was an excellent player and his death was tragic as I believe he transformed Wales as a manager. In terms of playing for Everton and Newcastle,he was cashing in on his latter playing years and Everton simply are a selling club and wouldnt match his wages.

Gary speed was a decent player, but he wasn't in the absolute top quality bracket. Sure, his death was a tragedy, as most are, but they're not fighting over that. They're fighting who's got the biggest dick contrast in front of a 6/10 bird. 

37 minutes ago, Anubis said:

Let's be fair - Newcastle don't have a rival in the PL. Man Utd, and now City, have been bigger rivals to us in recent times, and the Blues are secondary to us now. It's only natural they gravitate towards each other.

You're saying that it's lights-up at the Grafton for them?