You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

*Shakes head* Everton again.

Fugitive

3 hours ago, Captain Howdy said:

Mate you said they were flushing and that Burnley and Sheffield Utd were better than them, I think I’ll take your opinions on the shite with a pinch of a few salt mines. 

I never said they were flushing: I said they were not "comfortably safe" like so many here have been saying.  That's still true.  They've got some nervous times ahead.

But let's assume they are an "upper mid-table" team.  Who are the 6 or 7 teams you think are better than them?

35 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

I never said they were flushing: I said they were not "comfortably safe" like so many here have been saying.  That's still true.  They've got some nervous times ahead.

But let's assume they are an "upper mid-table" team.  Who are the 6 or 7 teams you think are better than them?

The obvious ones of course, every season you say they’ll flush, if you didn’t say they were flushing then why bet me £20 they would ? you said Sheffield Utd and Burnley were better, do you now accept that that is utter yarbles? you make stupid statements about them when its blatantly obvious you don’t even watch them. Nobodies calling them the next AC Milan circa 89, just stating the bleedin obvious that they won’t be anywhere near flushing. 

17 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

Next 6 games:

Newcastle (H)

Chelsea (H)

Burnley (A)

Fulham (H)

Spurs (A)

City (H)

They could easily only pick up 4 points over xmas there. 

I've just realised that Fulham match at home is a league cup game so they could be well and truly fucked come January. 

3 hours ago, Captain Howdy said:

The obvious ones of course, every season you say they’ll flush, if you didn’t say they were flushing then why bet me £20 they would ? you said Sheffield Utd and Burnley were better, do you now accept that that is utter yarbles? you make stupid statements about them when its blatantly obvious you don’t even watch them. Nobodies calling them the next AC Milan circa 89, just stating the bleedin obvious that they won’t be anywhere near flushing. 

*sigh*

"The obvious ones"

I assume that means us, City, Arsenal, Spurs, Chelsea, Newcastle and Man United.

So you're saying that Everton - Everton! - are better than Villa, Brighton, West Ham, Brentford, etc.

Let's just say I disagree and leave it at that.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

*sigh*

"The obvious ones"

I assume that means us, City, Arsenal, Spurs, Chelsea, Newcastle and Man United.

So you're saying that Everton - Everton! - are better than Villa, Brighton, West Ham, Brentford, etc.

Let's just say I disagree and leave it at that.

Not Villa no, Brighton (deffo on the slide) Brentford and West Ham probably not but not much in it and only a good striker away. Didn’t you tell Stacksy that you seldom watch them? Where do you get your opinions from then? Are Sheffield Utd and Burnley still better than them ? You never said they will flush but you bet £20 they would, you’re now arguing about what level of mid table they are. You’re all over the fucking place. 

1 hour ago, Captain Howdy said:

Not Villa no, Brighton (deffo on the slide) Brentford and West Ham probably not but not much in it and only a good striker away. Didn’t you tell Stacksy that you seldom watch them? Where do you get your opinions from then? Are Sheffield Utd and Burnley still better than them ? You never said they will flush but you bet £20 they would, you’re now arguing about what level of mid table they are. You’re all over the fucking place. 

You offered a bet, I took you up on it.  That's not saying that Everton will get flushed; it's saying that they might get flushed and I'm happy to put money on that chance.  That's literally what betting is.

After their comical start to the season, they've obviously improved, so I now think they're likely to survive (but a bet is a bet).  I still think that Burnley have got an improvement in them before the end of the season and Everton are still dogshit, so it's not going to be a comfortable season for them.  I will continue to enjoy their misery, as I have for the last two seasons.  Your suggestion that they're among the best teams in the league is just... well, fanciful.

So, to clarify

• I took on your bet that Everton would go down, because I think they're shite.

• I disagree with your idea that they're one of the teams who should be competing for European spots, because I think they're shite.

• Somehow that makes me "all over the fucking place".

16 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

You offered a bet, I took you up on it.  That's not saying that Everton will get flushed; it's saying that they might get flushed and I'm happy to put money on that chance.  That's literally what betting is.

After their comical start to the season, they've obviously improved, so I now think they're likely to survive (but a bet is a bet).  I still think that Burnley have got an improvement in them before the end of the season and Everton are still dogshit, so it's not going to be a comfortable season for them.  I will continue to enjoy their misery, as I have for the last two seasons.  Your suggestion that they're among the best teams in the league is just... well, fanciful.

So, to clarify

• I took on your bet that Everton would go down, because I think they're shite.

• I disagree with your idea that they're one of the teams who should be competing for European spots, because I think they're shite.

• Somehow that makes me "all over the fucking place".

Whatever you say mate, whatever you say. “Among the best teams in the league “ oh dear, having to resort to outright lies now, desperate, desperate stuff. By your own admission you don’t even watch them but you know what’s what. You didn’t say they were going down? Really? You do it every fucking year, it’s why I challenged you in the first place. You absolutely are all over the place.  More than happy for the forum to judge who is talking absolute shite here. Nothing more to say to you, just get your £20 quid ready. 

Not sure where the Tsimikas hate is coming from. Robbo and Trent have both give up goals by being beaten at the far post. He’ll, at one point Trent was forging himself a new career out of it. Our problems today didn’t come down our left. It was the amount of times they got in down our right flank which was hurting us.

• Upvote 6

3 minutes ago, Anubis said:

Not sure where the Tsimikas hate is coming from. Robbo and Trent have both give up goals by being beaten at the far post. He’ll, at one point Trent was forging himself a new career out of it. Our problems today didn’t come down our left. It was the amount of times they got in down our right flank which was hurting us.

People just don't want to be wrong, so they'll push ahead with the agenda, even when all logic suggests otherwise.  There was a clearance Tsimikas made with his right foot on Thursday very close to his own goal, and you know had that been Robbo it would have ended up in the back of his own net, either through some horrible miscue or through him getting his feet in a mess again and allowing someone to take it off him.  Pay no heed.  Tsimikas is a really good LB, with a much broader set of skills than Robbo.

• Upvote 1

I was worried about Tsimikas against City, but he was superb and overall has been at least as good as Robbo has of late. Still a case of teams knowing they can get in behind us on the right. The lack of a sitting 6, Trent half arsing it without the ball is leaving it a easy out. 

5 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

Are posts landing on the wrong thread? 

Happy to talk about Kostas elsewhere but surely this is a place to laugh at Everton? 

Sorry. My bad. Perhaps a mod can move them to the match thread.

Hahahahaha. They’ve stolen mentality monsters.

Just tweeted this to see how many bites I get.

Bus greetings - kopite behaviour.  Subsequently stolen.

Fireworks and flares - kopite behaviour. Subsequently stolen.

Protests - kopite behaviour. Subsequently stolen.

Mentality monsters - kopite behaviour. Subsequently stolen.

EFC - The Thieves Club.

• Upvote 7

Was out for a meal on Saturday evening. There was a table of 20 in and when they scored a few of them were celebrating the goal like it was a last minute winner in the Champions League final. Some of the staff who were foreign asked what they were celebrating and one bit fat cunt said "Everon lad, Everton, the mighty blues have just scored. You beauty". 

14 hours ago, Captain Howdy said:

Whatever you say mate, whatever you say. “Among the best teams in the league “ oh dear, having to resort to outright lies now, desperate, desperate stuff. By your own admission you don’t even watch them but you know what’s what. You didn’t say they were going down? Really? You do it every fucking year, it’s why I challenged you in the first place. You absolutely are all over the place.  More than happy for the forum to judge who is talking absolute shite here. Nothing more to say to you, just get your £20 quid ready. 

You said they're "upper mid-table".  That means they're among the best teams (i.e. the best 7-9 teams).  That's not "outright lies"; that's just how numbers work.

Rather than farting on about whether I said they're going down this season (as opposed to"they could go down " or"they're in trouble") just link to the post where I said it.

I'm intrigued by what you think the meaning of "all over the place" is, because I've been clear and consistent all along: Everton are shit and are in their third consecutive relegation fight on merit.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Anubis said:

Hahahahaha. They’ve stolen mentality monsters.

Just tweeted this to see how many bites I get.

Bus greetings - kopite behaviour.  Subsequently stolen.

Fireworks and flares - kopite behaviour. Subsequently stolen.

Protests - kopite behaviour. Subsequently stolen.

Mentality monsters - kopite behaviour. Subsequently stolen.

EFC - The Thieves Club.

Grand Old Lady- Juventus 

Z-cars - Watford

Born not Manufactured- Rangers and West Ham also use this 

The unoriginal club.