Quantcast
*Shakes head* Everton again. - Page 1956 - FF - Football Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Fugitive

*Shakes head* Everton again.

20 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

Exactly. Apart from the season they won the Cup Winners Cup, their European record is appalling. 1970, knocked out of the European Cup by Panathinakios. Hardly anyone got knocked out bu a Greek side in those days never mind the then English Champions boasting the golden vision triumphate!

Remember my Dad telling me about that, all Evertonians shouting their mouths off saying the Greeks only talent was owning chip shops. 

Playing the mighty University College of Dublin, Inter Bratislava and Fortuna Sittard in 1985. 

Add the going out of Europe twice in one month in 2005 and getting battered 5-1 at home by a club who had never win away in Europe too!.

Yet their fans would have you believe they would have dominated Europe if English clubs hadn't been banned.

17 minutes ago, Doctor Troy said:

Remember my Dad telling me about that, all Evertonians shouting their mouths off saying the Greeks only talent was owning chip shops. 

Playing the mighty University College of Dublin, Inter Bratislava and Fortuna Sittard in 1985. 

Add the going out of Europe twice in one month in 2005 and getting battered 5-1 at home by a club who had never win away in Europe too!.

Yet their fans would have you believe they would have dominated Europe if English clubs hadn't been banned.

But But But!

That's all OUR FAULT you know!

4 hours ago, Elite said:

European giant? They aren't even a Merseyside giant.

Fucking baffling the fantasy world they live in.

Some might say they're not even a giant in their postcode. 

3 hours ago, Anubis said:

GOT responds....

sharkey1001

sharkey1001

Player Valuation: £10m
In Ancelotti’s last 4 or 5 interviews, he’s talked about the ambition of the club and owner and wanting to fight for titles. We ain’t doing that on free’s and loans.

also he said we didn’t have to sell to buy.
Obviously he’s talked to Moshiri. Brands and maybe Usmanov. But he’s In for a shock when he sits down with theEsk and gets the true facts.
Don't listen to his podcasts, he personifies doom and gloom. Said the same last year that we haven't a pot to pi$$ in and we Kean, Iwobi, Gbamin, Gomes and Delph... without getting rid of our garbage (Sandro, Bolasie, Tosun, Besic, Garbutt, Niasse, Martina, etc). 

As if Carlo, who had plans to take a break from the game, decided to jump back in with the promise of sell to buy, and work is magic on turning Tom Davies into Pirlo, Theo Walcott into an actual winger who does anything productive and Gylfi Sigurdsson into a box-to-box midfield general. LOL.

Carlo will get £100m+ - i have no doubt about it. We have already saved £20m a year in wages getting rid of some of the garbage. Keep the faith; ignore the Esk - the man hasn't a clue!

It amuses me they might not have thought ancelotti doesn't really give a shit and he's there for the 11.5m wages he's earning and the 2.5m he got for keeping them up. And if they don't buy anyone, continue to be shite and decide to bullet him, they'd need to pay at least 12 months of his contract. So let's say it's gone to shit by Christmas and they want rid, he'd have earned his 11.5m salary, his 2.5m bonus and would likely be due a 11.5m pay off. So 25.5m for 12 months work. If I was ancelotti I'd be praying for as little money as possible. 

3 hours ago, davelfc* said:

Strange that Arsenal announce 55 redundancies and say;

“Our main sources of income have all reduced significantly,” Venkatesem and Sanllehi said. “Revenue from broadcasters, matchday and commercial activities have all been hit severely and these impacts will continue into at least the forthcoming 2020-21 season.

“We all hope there will be no ‘second wave’ but we also need to accept that is one of the many uncertainties ahead of us and plan accordingly. "

Surely NOW is the time for Moshiri to tell the fans that the stadium will have to go on hold, now is not the time. Just as we put our Anfield Road rebuild on hold. I know why he won't do that, it just seems daft because the longer he leaves it the worse it will be. 

I don't give a shiny shite if they build their new stadium, they've had their hopes dashed many times before. They probably deserve one and it won't affect me if they get it, so good luck to them. But any responsible owner (especially one with such a history in accounting) should already know it's not likely to happen any time soon. Plus throwing any new money in just throws them ever deeper in his debt. 

They'd have a more realistic chance if they bought a euromillions ticket each week. 

The stadium should be financed in a way it has fuck all to do with covid, is self financing and is outside ffp regs, so I don't see the issue aside from I e never thought they'd be able to borrow the money. If they're serious about doing it, it would be a massive mistake to stop now, it'll never be cheaper to do it again. 

3 minutes ago, The Gaul said:

The stadium should be financed in a way it has fuck all to do with covid, is self financing and is outside ffp regs, so I don't see the issue aside from I e never thought they'd be able to borrow the money. If they're serious about doing it, it would be a massive mistake to stop now, it'll never be cheaper to do it again. 

They struggled to find financing for it before the covid, I don't think it's going to be any easier now. Plus they're going to have to find £20m or more a season to make the payments on the finance. This along with taking out more loans and have the premiership finished their investigation into the USA money yet?

The unicorn stadium wasn't happening before and it may as well get planning permission on Mars now.

44 minutes ago, davelfc* said:

The unicorn stadium wasn't happening before and it may as well get planning permission on MARS now.

As if they'd build the new stadium on a Red planet 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 6

3 hours ago, dockers_strike said:

Exactly. Apart from the season they won the Cup Winners Cup, their European record is appalling. 1970, knocked out of the European Cup by Panathinakios. Hardly anyone got knocked out bu a Greek side in those days never mind the then English Champions boasting the golden vision triumphate!

To be fair, Panathinakios did reach the final the next year

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, dylstar said:

As if they'd build the new stadium on a Red planet 

Oh I don't know, cold harsh environment with very little atmosphere. Although there's been more activity recently on Mars than Bramley Moore. Maybe the bitters should launch a rover to BM. 

50801dfc7743139d024227b830fc3d47.jpg&f=1

• Upvote 1

I imagine a lot of their borrowing has been based on future tv rights. The world has changed due to Covid, and those rights will almost certainly be less lucrative than before. I read last week that Sky have had a drop in revenue of £700m in the first half of this year, for various factors but chiefly due to the huge amount of customers cancelling their sports subscriptions once they had no sport to show. With mass job losses on the horizon there are going to be millions of people here and abroad who won’t have the money to pay to watch for subscriptions. 

I don’t see how they get to borrow more money for a new stadium. 

The whole thing is still just so odd.  The fans just want it built obviously and to hell with the consequences.  I’d be honestly worried that it could cripple the club in the long term.  They clearly believe somebody else will be picking up the tab though.  The only reason I think this gets built is because Moshiri believes it will add more value to the club than it will cost.  Why else would he try to do it?  I can’t see that being the case though.  Surely he must look at city and see how much money they’ve ploughed into the club for them to still be small and completely unable to function by themselves.

As we all know they thought they were getting a free stadium but they’ve spent a lot of money since the Commonwealth games went up in smoke.  They’re completely silent over funding other than saying the odd vague snippet which the last of was over 6 months ago.  They’ve headed down to parliament to wax lyrical about how great it’s going to be for the economy so they’re not completely giving up on some public money at least.  It’s like a fucking soap opera.

They do go a bit daft at the sight of water. There was a healthy degree of scepticism over Kirkby and Walton Hall Park, but show them a shiny drawing with a river in the background and en masse they abandon all reason and critical faculties. 

37 minutes ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

They do go a bit daft at the sight of water. There was a healthy degree of scepticism over Kirkby and Walton Hall Park, but show them a shiny drawing with a river in the background and en masse they abandon all reason and critical faculties. 

They think the water is royal blue not shitty brown!

Like their stadium, then.

so much deadwood has been assembled some cynics have suggested the club's Finch Farm training HQ is in danger of being labelled a fire hazard.

53 minutes ago, Pete said:

Wonder how they'll react to this?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/53662458

Well they'd stop reading at this point -

One of only three managers to win the European Cup/Champions League three times alongside Liverpool's Bob Paisley and Real Madrid's Zinedine Zidane

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, davelfc* said:

They struggled to find financing for it before the covid, I don't think it's going to be any easier now. Plus they're going to have to find £20m or more a season to make the payments on the finance. This along with taking out more loans and have the premiership finished their investigation into the USA money yet?

The unicorn stadium wasn't happening before and it may as well get planning permission on Mars now.

I'm not sure it was going to cost them 20m a year, they were planning to spread the cost over about 40 years! And borrowing has never been cheaper. I get what you are saying and I also thought they would struggle to get the money before covid. I actually think covid won't have harmed them at all though, in fact there'll be all kinds of chances for grants or subsidised loans etc imo for large infrastructure projects and along with that it could also kick start the rest of the Liverpool waters scheme. 

14 hours ago, Vincent Vega said:

I imagine a lot of their borrowing has been based on future tv rights. The world has changed due to Covid, and those rights will almost certainly be less lucrative than before. I read last week that Sky have had a drop in revenue of £700m in the first half of this year, for various factors but chiefly due to the huge amount of customers cancelling their sports subscriptions once they had no sport to show. With mass job losses on the horizon there are going to be millions of people here and abroad who won’t have the money to pay to watch for subscriptions. 

I don’t see how they get to borrow more money for a new stadium. 

I am not so sure revenues will go down at all. I think this for 2 reasons -

1. Overseas rights are already worth more than the domestic aren't they? And everything I've read has suggested this will only continue to grow. 

2. Sky are literally fuck all without premier league football. Nobody is arsed about any of it. If there was no football, I think a massive part of sky's subscription base would just go to Freeview and put their money into streaming services and wherever football ends up. There was a time the PL needed a TV partner, but I feel pretty certain they could go to market and do it themselves now and I would be shocked if they did it alone they couldn't double today's money. 

Ultimately I don't think the PL want to run in that direction right now, but they've got it as a bargaining chip. Sky have nothing to negotiate with. 

14 minutes ago, General Dryness said:

Slipping into the realms of Partridge there with the "evolution, not revolution" bit.

Because they evolve, but they don't revolve. Or something.

That was a big houllier quote that. Kopite behaviour

1 hour ago, The Gaul said:

I'm not sure it was going to cost them 20m a year, they were planning to spread the cost over about 40 years! And borrowing has never been cheaper. I get what you are saying and I also thought they would struggle to get the money before covid. I actually think covid won't have harmed them at all though, in fact there'll be all kinds of chances for grants or subsidised loans etc imo for large infrastructure projects and along with that it could also kick start the rest of the Liverpool waters scheme. 

Happy days, I look forward to them getting that all important spade in the silt and their new stadium. 

3 minutes ago, davelfc* said:

Happy days, I look forward to them getting that all important spade in the silt and their new stadium. 

Work started on Saturday according to this thread, that spade is almost certainly already in the ground! 

Just now, Scott_M said:

With all these loans, I hope they go the way of Leeds or Rangers. 

It feels that's the way their going with their day to day running of the club. Have they said where all the loans are from? 

1 minute ago, The Gaul said:

It feels that's the way their going with their day to day running of the club. Have they said where all the loans are from? 

If they went the way of Leeds, it would take them just as long to get back. 

Just now, Scott_M said:

If they went the way of Leeds, it would take them just as long to get back. 

Yeah, it depends who those loans are with I guess. Everything they're doing feels pretty h&g, although I firmly believe they'd still be here had we not had the financial crisis and it became so difficult to borrow. 

1 hour ago, The Gaul said:

Work started on Saturday according to this thread, that spade is almost certainly already in the ground! 

Without planning permission, I doubt it. Although they are free to move the traffic cone in preparation.