You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Is the change of manager too late for us to make the top four?  

242 members have voted

1. 1. Is the change of manager too late for us to make the top four?

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The most important person at any club is the chairman. The coach works for him, not the other way around. With every coach sacked during the season, there is always a result that is the breaking point.

Here with Souness, it was the Bristol City result that began the process of removing him. With Evans, it was the Spurs result. With Roy, it was the Wolves and even more so, the Blackburn result, where everyone realised that urgent action was required, and therefore taken.

If so, we'll all be happy.

But I thought you backed LFC managers 100%?

Why weren't you there for Roy in his hour of needs? Why did you turn on him after all you said about that? I'd have more respect for you if you'd have stuck instead of twisting but after berating others who had turned on him I have no sympathy for you.

The manager is more important than the chairman, Peter Risdale for example one of the shittest chairmen to have appeared in this league, oversaw an excellent period in Leeds history before it all went pairshaped, becuase the manager did well, Bolton had/have a fantastic chairman, but they sunk quicker than an unoxygenated poo when Sammy Lee was manager. I could go on with examples but it's pointless with you, you trying to show me something, an educated brick is still a brick.

A chairman doesn't make subs, he doesn't go on the pitch and score goals, if a shit chairman appoints a good manager then the team will still prosper, if a good chairman appoints a poor manager then it won't matter what he does, there won't be success.

But I thought you backed LFC managers 100%?

The manager is more important than the chairman. A chairman doesn't make subs, he doesn't go on the pitch and score goals, if a shit chairman appoints a good manager then the team will still prosper, if a good chairman appoints a poor manager then it won't matter what he does, there won't be success.

The coach doesn't provide transfer funds or sign cheques. That's the chairman's job. He does the hiring and firing of coaches, and he provides the main investment that everyone else at the club needs in order to be competitive and successful.

The coach doesn't provide transfer funds or sign cheques. That's the chairman's job. He does the hiring and firing of coaches, and he provides the main investment that everyone else at the club needs in order to be competitive and successful.

How much has Holloway had to spend again? How about Wenger?

Why were Blackpool shit before Holloway came along?

A good chairman will run a club well but that does not equate to success on the pitch. Leeds have a shit chairman and a good manager in Grayson, I could provide a billion examples but I'm going to continue this discussion with a wall outside, it might have something interesting to say. It will also back LFC's manager 100%. What a turntoast you are.

• 4 weeks later...
I think so. 6th is very, very achievable and 5th at a push (if Spurs or City implode, or if Chelsea don't sort themselves out), but top four might be pushing it. Almost goes without saying I'd love to be proved wrong like. I just can't help feeling the top five is locked out, I felt that at the start of the season too before the Roy pessimism set in.

We'll finish much higher than 12th though.

I still feel the same to be honest. I felt we could get to sixth and we are there now, I still feel 5th is possible but we realistically need two teams to implode as well as keeping our run going, and while I can see 2 of those 3 things happening, we need all 3 to happen. It could be very, very close though.

Then again I'm a pessimistic twat by nature. It will be the sweetest tasting humble pie ever if we do make it.

It will dawn on you eventually. Until then I'll have to put up with this sort of stuff.

Fortunately I don't give a fuck.

Perhaps it is now dawning on you that the squad isn't as shit as you thought it was, although I won't hold my breath.

I still feel the same to be honest. I felt we could get to sixth and we are there now, I still feel 5th is possible but we realistically need two teams to implode as well as keeping our run going, and while I can see 2 of those 3 things happening, we need all 3 to happen. It could be very, very close though.

Then again I'm a pessimistic twat by nature. It will be the sweetest tasting humble pie ever if we do make it.

Looking at the fixture lists, we have to go the Arse, whilst the scum, Citeh and Spurs need to come to Anfield.

Citeh play us, the scum and the chavs away although they play Spurs at home.

Spurs are capable of implosion themselves. But then this season, teams have been taking points off teams when least expected.

Long shot, but have faith with the King. Bookies giving us 12s and 10s.

No but too early to be talking about it. The media will put enough pressure on Kenny without us adding to it. The signs are bleedin' promising though aren't they!

Let's just keep our heads down, no mouthing off about what we might or might not do. We can leave that to the likes of Spurs and Redknapp

It's amazing what four wins on the trot can do for you league position when you're in the bottom half of the table.

My hope is stronger than it was when I posted the poll, but I still don't think we'll do it. I just can't see Chelsea going from winning the league to finishing outside the top four in one season.

I think we might just lose out I reckon Spurs and City are just about strong enough to hold out.

I just love the fact that I can see some sort of direction and future about the club again, I know we have seen a hundred false dawns come and go with Liverpool over t past 15-20 years, this time it feels different.

Fucking magic. Fucking long live King Kenny.