You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Is the change of manager too late for us to make the top four?  

242 members have voted

1. 1. Is the change of manager too late for us to make the top four?

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Games for the Chavskis and Spurs

Spurs run in is not a bad run in,but the champions league games may take there toll on them,having said that we need Spurs and Chavskis out the champions league as if the win it and finish outside the top 4 they will get entry ahead off the 4h place team

Spurs

Away Sunderland

Away Blackpool

Home Arsenal

Away Wolves

Home West Ham

Away Wigan Athletic

Home Stoke City

Away Man City

Home West Brom

Away Chelsea

Home Blackpool

Away Liverpool

Home Birmingham

Chavskis

A Fulham

H Everton

H Man Utd

H Birmingham City

H Manchester City

A Stoke City

H Wigan Athletic

A West Bromwich Albion

H West Ham United

H Tottenham Hotspur

A Manchester United

H Newcastle United

A Everton

And we have..

Liverpool

Wigan (H)

West Ham (A)

Man Utd (H)

Sunderland (A)

West Brom (A)

Man City (H)

Arsenal (A)

Birmingham (H)

Newcastle (H)

Fulham (A)

Spurs (H)

Villa (A)

It's a fairly even run in I think... It'll go to the team that wants it the most...

No, but Chelsea *could*. Arsenal should be out of the CL very quickly, so that might keep them fresh for the league to keep pressure on the Mancs.

Apart from Spurs away, Man U at home and your lot at home we have fairly easy run.

Home

Stoke

Wolves

Sunderland

Blackburn

Aston Villa

Away

West brom

Blackpool

Bolton

Stoke

Fulham

We will be out against Barca and hopefully focus on the league

Normally I would say it's too late, but I think the events of january have changed our destiny.

Kenny taking over and Torres backstabbing us for Chelsea are two massive events that I belive have bent the time-space continuum, made the Gods angry and changed the planets future! It's now written in the stars that we will dramatically take the fourth place, pushing Chelsea and Torres out of CL! It's poetic justice, Hollywood-drama and very typical Lfc. I haven no doubt in my mind. Belive brothers!

I just hope that the mancs drop at least 4 points against Chelsea --- so they don't win the damn league.

That is the big question,do you want them to win both games against the mancs and secure 4th spot or loose both games and open up the 4th spot for us to hopfully sneak in.

Mancs wins title/we finish 4th

we finish 5/6/Mancs dont win title

To be honest as much as it would hurt to watch them win there 19th us getting back in the champions league is more important long term

That is the big question,do you want them to win both games against the mancs and secure 4th spot or loose both games and open up the 4th spot for us to hopfully sneak in.

To be honest as much as it would hurt to watch them win there 19th us getting back in the champions league is more important long term

I want us to win as many games as possible. If it's not us I don't give a shit about who's winning the league.

i think we are 3-4 points too far back. We could possibly catch spurs but chelsea have game in hand, 6 points advantage and better goal difference. We would need probably at least 30 from 36 points and a major meltdown by both spurs and chelsea.

Lets win our next two games and see if we have closed the gap.

draw both games and arsenal win it.if united beat city and we win we go 8 points behind them and they have to come to anfield, win our next two games and it's on.

There is no way that Chelsea wins the league. Taking two draws with the Mancs should hurt the Mancs more than help the Chavs.

Dont agree with that,we only have 12 games to catch up 6 maybe 9pts,for us too finish 4th we need them to drop as many points as possible.

Personaly i say let them get number 19,if it means us getting 4th.

Just comes back and win it a couple of times under Kenny and win the champions league again.

For me the champions leagues eans bigger revenues for us,smaller revenues for chavksi and spurs which with the financial fair play will hurt both of them.

It will also be easier to attract players.

i think we are 3-4 points too far back. We could possibly catch spurs but chelsea have game in hand, 6 points advantage and better goal difference. We would need probably at least 30 from 36 points and a major meltdown by both spurs and chelsea.

Lets win our next two games and see if we have closed the gap.

Spurs have by far the hardest programme. Sunderland A, Blackpool A, Wolves A, City A, Chelsea A, Liverpool A... honestly, that is 6 matches they can easily lose. They also play Arsenal at home. chelsea on the other hand have a lot of homematches, and only a double vs united that will be difficult. I think we will beat Spurs to it, but highly doubt Chelsea will drop 10 points on us.. Lets hope this loss shook them up a bit!

Spurs have by far the hardest programme. Sunderland A, Blackpool A, Wolves A, City A, Chelsea A, Liverpool A... honestly, that is 6 matches they can easily lose. They also play Arsenal at home. chelsea on the other hand have a lot of homematches, and only a double vs united that will be difficult. I think we will beat Spurs to it, but highly doubt Chelsea will drop 10 points on us.. Lets hope this loss shook them up a bit!
what is citys run in

We've gone on unbeaten runs on several occasions over the last 3-4 seasons under benitez. It's possible that we can do it again..an extended unbeaten run. The lads will be putting losing further behind them with every win on the trot. However, teams above us have to slip up.. A LOT. Great time tho, for an unbeaten run from here to the end of the season haha!! :))