You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

It makes me laugh the stick they are coming in for at the moment.

They didn't hire Hodgson for a kick off and all they are doing is sticking true to the beliefs they will have had drilled into them from day one of STICKING BY THEIR MANAGER. Why should we expect them to know he's a clueless fuckwitt who couldn't win an away game against a team of blind paraplegics?

This isn't their fault, hell it isn't even Hodgson's fault, he's just a man clearly out of his depth. I completely and utterly hold my hands up, I thought with a better side his away record would improve, I was wrong. So what if I was wrong? We've all been wrong at one time or another, the thing is to admit it and move on.

Well NESV weren't wrong so they have no blame here. It isn't there fault we are where we are and god only knows where we'd be without them.

So enough of the "if NESV" this and other assorted shite I've read on here.

Right or wrong they are backing the manager, something that we are known for and they are trying to stand by. They're wrong of course, we all know that and the time will come when they know it but when the right man does come along at least we won't be jumping from one to the next like so many other farcicle clubs like ... oh let's say erm ... Newcastle.

Edited by WrongIslander

I totally agree.

I want Roy gone - BUT surely there has to be lessons learned from the summer and the "Anyone But Rafa" brigade. No point ditching a manager if his replacement isn't up to scratch.

We CAN do worse than Roy (who is shit but not The Shittest Manager Ever To Manage Anyone by a long shot), and even a sideways step isn't exactly worth the compo and upheaval. While appointing any manager is a risk, I'd rather they did the proper groundwork to get the best candidate available, rather than a merely satisfactory one, while yes Kenny as caretaker would be a neat solution and something I'd be happy for, that isn't exactly as simple as it sounds either. I'm a fan but not in the know and I can only offer my opinion as my opinion, not as gospel.

I do hope to wake up tomorrow hearing Roy has gone, but if I don't, I'll trust that the owners (until they give me real reason not to) are working behind the scenes to do the best thing for the club, however long that takes.

Of course, I reserve the right to change this opinion if we get sucked further into the relegation battle, but for now I'm not going to slag off the owners on their (perceived) inaction, not yet and not soon, I trust they know what they are doing.

I totally agree.

I want Roy gone - BUT surely there has to be lessons learned from the summer and the "Anyone But Rafa" brigade. No point ditching a manager if his replacement isn't up to scratch.

We CAN do worse than Roy (who is shit but not The Shittest Manager Ever To Manage Anyone by a long shot), and even a sideways step isn't exactly worth the compo and upheaval. While appointing any manager is a risk, I'd rather they did the proper groundwork to get the best candidate available, rather than a merely satisfactory one, while yes Kenny as caretaker would be a neat solution and something I'd be happy for, that isn't exactly as simple as it sounds either. I'm a fan but not in the know and I can only offer my opinion as my opinion, not as gospel.

I do hope to wake up tomorrow hearing Roy has gone, but if I don't, I'll trust that the owners (until they give me real reason not to) are working behind the scenes to do the best thing for the club, however long that takes.

Of course, I reserve the right to change this opinion if we get sucked further into the relegation battle, but for now I'm not going to slag off the owners on their (perceived) inaction, not yet and not soon, I trust they know what they are doing.

"untill they give me reason not too"..like making the easiest, most fuckin obvious decision they will ever have to make in a timely fashion right? They have the ideal caretaker sitting in the stande every fucking game, this is NOT HARD to work out.

I don't think they are 'getting stick' as yet....but if they don't execute thier responsibilities tomorrow then I don't think it's unfair for people to ask questions even at this early stage...some of the 'superfan' bollocks on here makes me angry. We are LFC, we have standards.....once you piss them up the wall we might as well be fucking Newcastle...

It's partly their fault, because they haven't acted yet. Roy should've been gone around two months ago at least.

Agreed, I'd fucking love to know who is advising them.

If they don't act soon not only will we be relegated this season but they risk losing the fans and that would be a lot worse to recover from than sacking an inept manager who should never have been given the job in the first place.

It's partly their fault, because they haven't acted yet. Roy should've been gone around two months ago at least.

I'd go as far as saying it's totally their fault he's still here. There hasn't been one shred of evidence that things won't continue to get worse and worse under Roy.

It's a complete piss take for fans who will have spent a hell of a lot of time and money to watch a total non event write off of a season.

'Look to the long term' get trotted out? The longer they dither/stick their heads in the sand the harder the long term job becomes. Didn't they sack the red sox coach immediately after taking over? Have they not identified and planned that the same, maybe for different reasons, was needed here? It makes it worse that they don't even have to look externally for a replacement for Roy to see us through til May.

It makes me laugh the stick they are coming in for at the moment.

They didn't hire Hodgson for a kick off and all they are doing is sticking true to the beliefs they will have had drilled into them from day one of STICKING BY THEIR MANAGER. Why should we expect them to know he's a clueless fuckwitt who couldn't win an away game against a team of blind paraplegics?

This isn't their fault, hell it isn't even Hodgson's fault, he's just a man clearly out of his depth. I completely and utterly hold my hands up, I thought with a better side his away record would improve, I was wrong. So what if I was wrong? We've all been wrong at one time or another, the thing is to admit it and move on.

Well NESV weren't wrong so they have no blame here. It isn't there fault we are where we are and god only knows where we'd be without them.

So enough of the "if NESV" this and other assorted shite I've read on here.

Right or wrong they are backing the manager, something that we are known for and they are trying to stand by. They're wrong of course, we all know that and the time will come when they know it but when the right man does come along at least we won't be jumping from one to the next like so many other farcicle clubs like ... oh let's say erm ... Newcastle.

I was reading your piece and somewhat nodding my head until I got to the part I highlighted.

Are you serious?

Do you not think this is key in business? You look at what is right and wrong and get rid of the wrong. To continue backing this manager as he drags us into a relegation battle is wrong. Very wrong. And could have a massive long term affect on the club. I respect and understand FSG biding their time, but that time has now passed and they need to act urgently before we are set back by decades as opposed to just years.

People need to understand. After 20 games of the season - over half way - we are in a relegation battle. A relegation battle! The team that almost won the title 2 seasons ago and was in a European Cup Final just 4 seasons ago, is in a relegation battle.

The time for studious reflection and protracted decision has passed. Current events demands action now. FSG are in very real danger if starting to lose the fans. A strong decision now could galvanise the fan base, squad, and club as a whole.

\the fear is people don't see how close we are to the possibility of relegation under the fucking utter genius that is Hodgson. Leeds & Forest - where are they now?? What happened to them? One was managed into oblivion and the other financed into oblivion. Well we've just escaped the financial woes by all accounts, but it doesn't mean we'll have all the luck of escaping with the current clown in charge. It's a fucking sham if he continues to the united game, and can only offer proof that once again we're being run by people who do not know what they purport to own.

I completely agree with the original post.

Imagine if the owner's had sacked Roy on their arrival, which most fans would have been over the moon about. You know who would have chiefly been advising them on who to promote? Christian Purslow. The same man most Reds fans were more than happy to see stand down from his position in the club. I just think that while Liverpool fans are the best in the world, after last season being a debacle and this season even worse, our patience as run out.

But if NESV (FSG) had gone out and sacked Roy, gotten in a new manager and who ended up being just as poor as Roy, fans would be even more furious. Sacking Roy isn't the answer IF THERE'S NO ONE TO REPLACE HIM WITH. I'd rather see Roy in charge for a few more games if it meant that we got a manager who the owners felt could lead us for a number of years. The decision on who the new manager is going to be is going to be one of the most important decisions football wise, this club as seen in quite some time. He'll be the owner's manager and so if he does poorly, the fans will hold the owners accountable.

The Daglish debate is ridiculous. Would I personally like to see manage Liverpool this season? Yes, but only because I think the best selection of managers will only be available in the summer. I'd appoint Kenny interim manager and unless he did a miraculous job this season, hire a new manager and put him back in an ambassadorial role. For every positive about Kenny I can think of two or three negatives. I really don't believe he's the man to lead Liverpool on a LONG TERM basis.

I think fans need to lay of FSG and have some patience. There's not a chance in the world Hodgson finishes out January let alone the season as our manager. We all know they will act, but they've got to make the right decision.