You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Fuck off Blackpool

ReDeus

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Undersoil heating costs upwards of £750k. I am sure that everyone associated with Blackpool FC would rather that they invested whatever little money they have in the playing squad. If they establish themselves as a premiership club, they then may be in a better position to be able to afford undersoil heating.

I think the entertainment that Holloway provides has kept the spotlight off the carryings-on from their idiot chairman Karl Oyston.

While nobody would champion chairmen wasting money , he has caused ructions over every penny & tried to even renege on agreements with his players, and seems to be happy for their better players to leave in January.

Undersoil heating costs upwards of £750k. I am sure that everyone associated with Blackpool FC would rather that they invested whatever little money they have in the playing squad. If they establish themselves as a premiership club, they then may be in a better position to be able to afford undersoil heating.

They get millions from the Premier League when they win promotion. They should have invested some of that money into developing a pitch that is up to Premiership standards. Something also tells me Blackpool might have pulled a fast one here considering some of their best players were due to be absent from the game.

Undersoil heating costs upwards of £750k. I am sure that everyone associated with Blackpool FC would rather that they invested whatever little money they have in the playing squad.

Its false economy though surely.

The money they would otherwise have saved in getting the game on first time round and have now lost due to moving the fixture would nearly have paid for it alone.

How many spurs, mancs and liverpool fans will have to cancel now the game is midweek? Thing is this isnt the last of it for Blackpool, i'd be surprised if they see a home game before March. Penny pinching which has come back to bite them.

Guest The Big Green Bastard
They get millions from the Premier League when they win promotion. They should have invested some of that money into developing a pitch that is up to Premiership standards. Something also tells me Blackpool might have pulled a fast one here considering some of their best players were due to be absent from the game.

They get 2 years to sort the pitch out if they stay in the PL, this can hardly be done halfway through the season can it?

Guest San Don

To be fair mate, 750k is peanuts compared to the 90million quid they'll get from being promoted to the pL even if they go back down.

BFC are to be admired for getting promotion and sticking with a wage policy that sees their highest earner on just 9grand a week. Their keeper is rumoured to be on less than 2 grand a week.

They must have 'lost' more than 750k with the 3 games being called off and, although they'll get most of that loss back when the games are eventually paid, I think Oyston has seriously fucked up by not getting undersoil installed. It could come back to haunt them as they now have 3 fixtures to fit in against us, spurs and united.

They get 2 years to sort the pitch out if they stay in the PL, this can hardly be done halfway through the season can it?

i think once you are promoted you should be given an advance on the tv money to get the undersoil heating done before the season starts,the so called biggest league in the world should not be having games called of due to frost ,snow yes frost no

Guest San Don

I think its one season actually and, because of blackpool, the PL are looking at making a pre requisite on promotion.

Guest The Big Green Bastard
I think its one season actually and, because of blackpool, the PL are looking at making a pre requisite on promotion.

Agree it should have been sorted pre-season, 6 weeks is ample time imo to fit heating.

i think once you are promoted you should be given an advance on the tv money to get the undersoil heating done before the season starts,the so called biggest league in the world should not be having games called of due to frost ,snow yes frost no

True dat. If come 5th August (or whatever date the Premier league season starts) the club isn't up to Premier League rules - then they should not be allowed to take part.

Simple as that really. Blackpool knew they were going to play in the Premiership from sometime in May (whenever the play-off final was) so it wasn't like they didn't have plenty of time to sort it out.

They should be liable for some sort of penalty or fine, 3 cancelled games is ridiculous.

Fat lot of good the undersoil did Liverpool last week and Everton this. Freakish conditions, and the country as a whole is fucked.

the fulham game was off cos of the snow and the unsafe conditions around anfield, evertons is off cos of problems with the underground pipes ,that cant really be helped

Guest San Don
Fat lot of good the undersoil did Liverpool last week and Everton this. Freakish conditions, and the country as a whole is fucked.

Apart from the shite being unable to pay the gas bill making their udersoil heating freeze up, our game was called off because of the area around Anfield, same as blackpool's game against united when their pitch was actually playable.

They lost the spurs and our game because the covers didnt do the job. Undersoil heating would have had the game on today as the area around bloomfield road is clearish.

Don't know about the BS but our pitch was perfectly playable. It was the treacherous conditions surrounding Anfield that were deemed too risky to allow the match to go ahead.

Simple as that really. Blackpool knew they were going to play in the Premiership from sometime in May (whenever the play-off final was) so it wasn't like they didn't have plenty of time to sort it out.

Blackpool have been redeveloping their ground for more than 4 years now, and it's still not complete. I agree it's a massive oversight not to have undersoil heating installed already, but at the same time, freak weather conditions have seen games at Anfield called off despite the pitch being perfectly playable. In Blackpool's case, having three games in a row called off because the pitch is unplayable does call into question whether the Premier League is as stringent as it should be.

If i remember correctly - Blackpool actually got special permission from the Premier League to switch all their home games at the start of the season, to ensure the stadium redevelopments were completed on time.

The Premier League should have insisted the undersoil was fitted at the same time, there's absolutely no reason why they couldn't have enforced this. While Blackpool themselves must take responsibility, the useless twats at PL headquarters must share the blame, its not like we've never had snow in winter before.

It's fucking annoying. You don't even have to take the pitch up to install underpitch heating, it's done with a roller system. One game you can get away with, two is quite annoying but 3 on the trot takes the fucking piss to be honest.