You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

u18/u16

Hammill

I read somewhere that we have some exceptional talent in our u16 team, can anyone confirm this and tell me who it is? ;)

And honestly i thought Tom Walsh was going to play a lot more this season, i heard very good things about him last season, but ofc we have Silva and Sterling on our wings!

We have a lot of talent, I'd imagine Walsh is playing a lot at the untelevised levels as Silva and Sterling are keeping him out at u18s. Probably rightly so as both are quality.

Morgan (ST) and Regan (CB) are the two new faces this season that have caught my eye. Otherwise Andre Wisdom was doing really well until he picked up a bad knock and Coady is finding his feet at reserve level.

There's a kid called Suso too, seems okay...

Brad Smith, I think I saw an interview with his mum on LFCTV last season, I think he was 14/15 at the time so didn't get named directly, was bizarre but she came across really well and seemed determined to keep his feet on the ground.

I haven't really seen much of him yet though, Poor looks good from what I've seen though.

McGiveron's come through a bit since Wisdom's injury as well and looks composed.

Brad Smith, I think I saw an interview with his mum on LFCTV last season, I think he was 14/15 at the time so didn't get named directly, was bizarre but she came across really well and seemed determined to keep his feet on the ground.

Was speaking to her at the Academy derby the other month. Seemed to have a good Reds knowledge behind her like.

Craig Roddan is a regular, he's a typical number 8. Karl Clair is born in 1992, and all of his Academy season has been broken by injurys. Dave Moli is doing well for the u16 alongside Lionel Liock.

We also have a 18- year old striker from Blackburn at a trial or something. Very good player, looks like he's a good friend with Ngoo.

Craig Roddan is a regular, he's a typical number 8. Karl Clair is born in 1992, and all of his Academy season has been broken by injurys. Dave Moli is doing well for the u16 alongside Lionel Liock.

We also have a 18- year old striker from Blackburn at a trial or something. Very good player, looks like he's a good friend with Ngoo.

You see I'd say Coady is more of that short-play man number 8 type. Roddan is a battler, great spirit but I've never seen him be particularly expansive at all. I rate Roddan but I haven't seen enough to know about his technical skills. Coady on the other hand has convinced me more and more of how good he is technically, Borrell seems to have focused on getting him more involved in the phases of play going forwards this year.

They have a great partnership though and compliment each other well so both stand a good chance of breaking right through the ranks together (up to the ressies anyway).