You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Just need a striker now

...and a leftback, and a left winger

Even if we say Meireles and Poulsen are equal to or better than Mascherano and Aquilani we're still lacking creativity in the final third.

If we can add someone on the left to this signing and get the striker in as well then I'll feel much more positive.

This seems like a good start. From what I've seen he's similar to Inler and I'm guessing from what I read also Defour. A proper holding midfielder but one who can use the ball effectively as well.

Good signing. That sum of money could be spent better, with more skillful footballers, like Capoue, Asamoah or Banega, not to mention Defour, but I'm pleased with this aquisition. The question is - do we keep Lucas now or sell him and buy Diarra instead to avoid any injury crisis?

...and a leftback, and a left winger

Even if we say Meireles and Poulsen are equal to or better than Mascherano and Aquilani we're still lacking creativity in the final third.

If we can add someone on the left to this signing and get the striker in as well then I'll feel much more positive.

This seems like a good start. From what I've seen he's similar to Inler and I'm guessing from what I read also Defour. A proper holding midfielder but one who can use the ball effectively as well.

Konchesky and Toivonen I reckon. That will do I suppose. Beggars can't be choosers. Considering a few hours ago I was pretty much expecting those two and no midfielder, I am going to allow myself to be happy for a change tonight.

Konchesky and Toivonen I reckon.

Not sure how anyone can have any idea who we are going to sign, as it is clear Hodgson keeps things very close to his chest, as we have seen with this deal.

Babel has confirmed it haha.

RyanBabel

And Answering to some of ur questions... I'm very happy with the new signing ... did they made it official??

I think he'd be a lot more handy going forward and keeping the side ticking over than Mascherano.

I reckon Poulsen is the Masch replacement, and Meireles is RH's Xabi (ie the more important part)

Agree with you. Much more appropriate than Aquilani

Already, Roy 1 0 Rafa

Not sure how anyone can have any idea who we are going to sign, as it is clear Hodgson keeps things very close to his chest, as we have seen with this deal.

We'll see. Konchesky had his medical today I believe, and we're supposed to be pretty advanced with Toivonen. Anyway fella, it's an opinion. On the internet. Deal with it.

This is the thing that I am most pleased with about this signing, out of the blue and gives a little hope that there may be more of the same in the next few days. Won't get my hopes up toooo much but we'll see.