You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Red Mist

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can see us beating Chelsea then the Mancs fucking it up against Sunderland - like they did at West Ham in 95.

Remember Ferguson's comment about that game?

"The effort West Ham put in for a team with nothing to play for was obscene".

If we play at 100% and Chelsea play at 100% then they win hands down and most likely will then win the league. Fuck United and fuck chelsea and fuck this season. Its been a disaster. We need to get our own shit together and stop worrying about the Mancs taking 19.

How close have we been in the last 20 years to a title. Twice maybe? If the Mancs win it then fuck it, so be it although Ferguson needs to send Mick McCarthy a nice expensive case of vino for handing him 3 points.

Guest simon

I dont give a fuck about the Mancs, so what if they win. We can claim it back some other time. I want us to beat Chelasea like i want us to win every game. The day we roll over and let any team beat us i will be very sickened.

Guest TK-421

If 4th place is still alive go all out for the win. If we can't finish 4th then let them win, in the most blatant way possible. The players could stand and chat on the half way line as Chelsea put on a cricket score. 100 goals for Drogba.

There are four levels

Wanting the other team to win

Not being arsed

Wanting the Reds to win as per

Being almost maniacal in a desire to win (eg May 2005 semi)

I'm opting for 2.

"Oh we may have handed United 19 on a plate but at least we kept our honour". Fuck that shit.

People forget Blackburn were awful in 1995. If we'd not beaten them it would have looked totally rigged. Remember the fight De Niro threw in Raging Bull, where he practically has to drop his arms and let the fella hit him he was so bad? We won't have that problem next Sunday. Relax, and piss off ten minutes early to avoid the second worst band of scumbags celebrate by themselves.

Manc workmate of mine came out with the "Spose you'll throw the game against Chelsea to stop us winning the League then?" line last week.

"We don't throw games" I said, "as you well know from previous experience"

Blank look.

I had to remind him about when we beat Blackburn and they fucked up against the Hammers.

"However," I said, " if we get through against Athletico on the Thursday, then i'm sure you and your manager will understand the necessity to rest some of our players as we'll be in a European Final, we will have played yet another 3 games in a week and could even have a few injuries in the game against Athletico that we don't know about yet."

Cue silence.

Don't give two fucks about The Mancs. We should try to win for our own personal pride to try and rescue something from this fucking travesty of a season.

Presumably you mean fourth place? I'd like to see the sequence of results that makes this happen.

My pride in LFC is to be affected by (a) beating Chelsea in a meaningless fixture (b) remaining the joint most successful club in league history.

Discuss.

Get the three points.

And if it hands them the title so be it.

If they get number 19 I suggest Christian Purslow & Martin Broughton present Manchester United with 500 feet solid gold statues of David Moores, Rick Parry, Peter Robinson, Noel White, George Gillett & Tom Hicks, for services to Manchester United.

1991, United were playing Barcelona in the Cup Winners Cup and United had an away tie at Arsenal, I am paraphrasing but Ferguson threatened to play his reserves, his quote was something along the lines of 'Won't Liverpool be happy if that is the case'.

If we win on Thursday I see no reason not to drop Agger (our only left back) Johnson (our only right back), Gerrard (our best player), and Kuyt (our only striker).

Presumably you mean fourth place? I'd like to see the sequence of results that makes this happen.

My pride in LFC is to be affected by (a) beating Chelsea in a meaningless fixture (b) remaining the joint most successful club in league history.

Discuss.

Your attitude has changed since Blackburn.

You were absolutely vehement in your criticism of anyone wanting Liverpool to get beat that day.

"It all worked out though. No thanks to you it didn't"

Is more or less what you said in the fanzine back then.

Guest Pistonbroke

If we play our normal team they'll be tired after Thursday's game anyway and Chelsea will probably have enough fire power to beat us. If they do beat us then gob shite taggart and the manc plastics will whine about it whatever team we put out.

Nice to see the Premier league have rearranged the games so the manc cunts play after our result.

Discuss.

I don't think we will finish fourth at all. However, there's actually a very real risk that if we lose to Chelsea, we could actually end up not getting into European competition at all next season. Everton can still overtake us remember. We could still finish eighth.