You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

PS3 MW2 TLW Clan?

Allan

Guest TK-421
I'm trying to complete all the challenges for the WA2000, I just have to get the 40 FMJ kills now. I'm doing ok with the WA2000, so I'm afraid to change. I like Fuel and Wastelands a whole lot better since I started sniping. It's good to be able to mix it up.

Thermal is great too, isn't it? I use the same perks as you have listed apart from Scrambler, think I'll use that and get Scrambler Pro.

I never bothered with the FMJs for the WA2000 as I always wanted the HBS/Thermal combo when I was camping.

Fuel is a great map apart from the noobs who hide in the rock. I go looking for them at the start of the game now.

The thermal is awesome, and apparently scopes in quicker than a standard scope. Scrambler Pro is good because it delays claymores. Ninja pro is better for sniping on the move, with silent footsteps. I think it's an underrated perk.

My K/D ratio has dropped below 1.6 now, but the accuracy is over 33.33% so more than 1/3 bullets will hit and it's usually a one hit kill with the Intervention.

• Replies 917
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I never bothered with the FMJs for the WA2000 as I always wanted the HBS/Thermal combo when I was camping.

Fuel is a great map apart from the noobs who hide in the rock. I go looking for them at the start of the game now.

The thermal is awesome, and apparently scopes in quicker than a standard scope. Scrambler Pro is good because it delays claymores. Ninja pro is better for sniping on the move, with silent footsteps. I think it's an underrated perk.

My K/D ratio has dropped below 1.6 now, but the accuracy is over 33.33% so more than 1/3 bullets will hit and it's usually a one hit kill with the Intervention.

Your advice is a great help, I am doing better since I dropped the silencer for the Thermal, I'll always have the HBS, even though you can get complacent against people with Ninja.

I never knew what it was that delayed claymores, so I shall give Scrambler a go today. It's all about trying to get what suits you. I want to get the FMJ challenge complete for the extra mags, as it's taking me more shots than it should at the moment for some kills and I waste a lot of ammo. I hit the body far too much. I might give the Intervention a whirl if it's easier to get a one hit kill.

The good thing is my K/D ratio hasn't suffered since started sniping, its still climbing slowly at the moment, it's 1.38 now and could be a lot higher after my appalling start online.

Oh, your right about the people hiding in the rock on Fuel, a lot of them even use their TI there so you can kill them again.

You never made it on Al, I was on yesterday afternoon but not last night.

I'll be on now for a bit before the match.

Sorry mate, I was running around like a blue arsed fly on Wednesday, and with our game tonight and me being on nights, I couldn't be arsed to play this evening, though I did jump on to perform the latest update to get it out the way.

I'm hoping to be on tomorrow evening before work, as I'm off to Sonisphere on Saturday, and probably won't be home till Monday afternoon(ish).

Sorry mate, I was running around like a blue arsed fly on Wednesday, and with our game tonight and me being on nights, I couldn't be arsed to play this evening, though I did jump on to perform the latest update to get it out the way.

I'm hoping to be on tomorrow evening before work, as I'm off to Sonisphere on Saturday, and probably won't be home till Monday afternoon(ish).

That the festival at Knebworth?

That the festival at Knebworth?

Yes mate. I'm only there for the Saturday to see Rammstein, but I'm going with some mates from Aldershot/Farnborough, so I have to travel down there first thing Saturday morning to meet them, then head up to Knebworth for the day. We'll then head back to Aldershot so I can crash out, as I'm on nights tomorrow and am heading out straight from work on Saturday morning.

Yes mate. I'm only there for the Saturday to see Rammstein, but I'm going with some mates from Aldershot/Farnborough, so I have to travel down there first thing Saturday morning to meet them, then head up to Knebworth for the day. We'll then head back to Aldershot so I can crash out, as I'm on nights tomorrow and am heading out straight from work on Saturday morning.

Thought I read about it, isn't Iron Maiden and Pendulum playing at it too?

Was on for a bit this evening before work, (missed Byrnie by 3 minutes), only for an hour or so, but couldn't get into it at all, didn't help that I'd not long woken up from an evening power nap.

I'll be back into the groove again come Monday evening, as I'm off shift till Wednesday afternoon/evening.

Was on for a good bit today, I seem to be improving a lot with my sniping. Plenty of one shot kills today. I still struggle a bit sniping on Wasteland. I do ok from up on the chopper but seem to get picked off elsewhere. My K/D ratio on Fuel when sniping is pretty good though.

Have to check out youtube to see if I can find more good spots.

Seems like a long time since we've had some proper clan action.

It has been a while. I've been here, there and everywhere recently, so any time I've had at home I've spent sleeping.

I'm hoping that normal service should resume this coming weekend and I'll be able to get back on and playing again.

You're our leader, Al. We fall apart without you.

Two prestiges to go for me after the one I'm just about to finish.

I'm up to level 70 now on my 1st, I'll be on to my 2nd soon enough. I was going to invite you last night TK but I wasn't playing well at all.

We'll get a good clan session in over the weekend hopefully. How is your quick scoping going?

Guest TK-421

It's going alright, some games I rule, some I don't.

I don't always quickscope in the purest sense. I'm basicallly trying to copy that Hutch guy's tactics and centre the targets before scoping in. Sometimes I still have to adjust my aim slightly once I'm scoped in, other times it's dead centre and all that remains is to press fire. Then I scope back out straight away and look for the next target.

I use quickscope when confidence is high and I'm in the zone, as a last resort when there's blood all over the screen or when an enemy appears at close range, e.g turning a corner. But generally speaking I scope in fully.

What I don't do is camp for ages with the scope on, it inevetibly leads to death even if you get a couple of kills. Then you have to start your killstreak again. Camping with the scope on is fine with an M21, claymore, thermal and heartbeat. With none of that protection, and using the Intervention, it leads to my death.

I'm finding I'm dying more generally but also getting a lot more kills and killstreaks. It's a much more fun way to play the game and more of a threat to the opposing team. I might try and amalgamate the two styles in future and go sniping on the move with the WA2000, which has the same accuracy as the Invervention.

It's going alright, some games I rule, some I don't.

I don't always quickscope in the purest sense. I'm basicallly trying to copy that Hutch guy's tactics and centre the targets before scoping in. Sometimes I still have to adjust my aim slightly once I'm scoped in, other times it's dead centre and all that remains is to press fire. Then I scope back out straight away and look for the next target.

I use quickscope when confidence is high and I'm in the zone, as a last resort when there's blood all over the screen or when an enemy appears at close range, e.g turning a corner. But generally speaking I scope in fully.

What I don't do is camp for ages with the scope on, it inevetibly leads to death even if you get a couple of kills. Then you have to start your killstreak again. Camping with the scope on is fine with an M21, claymore, thermal and heartbeat. With none of that protection, and using the Intervention, it leads to my death.

I'm finding I'm dying more generally but also getting a lot more kills and killstreaks. It's a much more fun way to play the game and more of a threat to the opposing team. I might try and amalgamate the two styles in future and go sniping on the move with the WA2000, which has the same accuracy as the Invervention.

If you manage to amalgamate the two styles to a good standard you'll be a hell of a player, well your a hell of a player already and it'll be good to have that variation when your playing.

On the maps that I snipe I don't camp with the scope on, I learned that lesson fairly quickly. I swaped thermal for silencer until I get more consistent with my accuracy. I'll be lost now when I prestige again without my claymore, I do not feel as comfortable without it.

On a sidenote, I got two quickscope kills on Fuel today, I wasn't intentionally quickscoping I had no other alternative. There was a bit of luck too I think.

Guest TK-421
I was even giving out that we were EMP'd when infact it was the other team!

That was funny. It was the three quick EMPs in a row which did you. It went EMP crazy for a couple of games.

I didn't play very well last night; sluggish and irritable I was. Hopefully I'll whoop some ass this evening.

That was funny. It was the three quick EMPs in a row which did you. It went EMP crazy for a couple of games.

I didn't play very well last night; sluggish and irritable I was. Hopefully I'll whoop some ass this evening.

It was just hard to get into last night, being lumbered with those guys when we started done us no favours either. I should be on this evening.

Guest TK-421

I'll be on and off 'til the early hours, fancy a marathon session tonight. Beer beer beer beer beer beer beer beer beer beer beer beer beer beer beer beer beer beer beer beer beer.

It was just hard to get into last night, being lumbered with those guys when we started done us no favours either. I should be on this evening.

I'll be on and off 'til the early hours, fancy a marathon session tonight. Beer beer beer beer beer beer beer beer beer beer beer beer beer beer beer beer beer beer beer beer beer.

If you boys are on till the wee small hours, I may join you depending on how mind numbing this evening shift I'm doing becomes.

I tried to play it one night when I was pissed, didn't go well.