You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Sami has been shopping

d.k.E.

Seeing as I am stuck in Hanoi airport for another 8 hours and I have managed to sneek into the Vietnam air business class lounge undetected thought I may as well translate this. And of course because Sami is the man.

Hyypia came in a 620 Horsepower Ferrari (Hope it washed off! Heeeey Hoooo! Gotta give it up for Oscar Wilde-like word-play that good!)

Sami Hyypia is already revving the engine at Bayer.

The Finland captain emerged at training yesterday in a silver-gray Ferrari 599 GTB Fiorano. The basic price for this in Germany is 242,000 Euros (207,958.49 GBP) including VAT. (Who says Germans aren’t anally retentive!?)

The new eye-catcher in the carpark of Bayer-Pros under the Stelzen-autobahn.

620 horsepower, max speed of 330 Km/h. From 0-100 in 3.7 seconds. No wonder the international got in (wordplay on getting into training and the car) a day early.

From Liverpool to Leverkusen. In an interview with BILD the star talks about his goals with his new club (bloody hell it hurts to write that! Hope he’s back with us as a coach at some point in the future!)

Bild - Mr. Hyypia, You won the champions league with Liverpool. What appeals about Bayer?

Mr. Hyypia – In the Bundersliga, Bayern Muenchen are always the favourites. But behind them a lot of teams are at the same level. It will be hard but I think we have it in us to push for the title. Wolfsburg showed what is possible last season.

B – What do you know about Leverkusen?

Mr. Hyypia – They enjoyed a lot of success a few years ago. That we aren’t playing in Europe is bad. I want to help the team enjoy success again. I would also like to help the younger players with my experience.

B – Are you looking forward to the Bundesliga.

Dr. Hyypia – No not at all, It’s a fucking shite league and I only came here to blaze about in my Ferrari and sample the local tipple. Good to see that it's not only Garth Crooks that asks equally asinine questions eh!

Mr. Hyypia – I can hardly wait for the start. It will be a new experience for me. New opponents and stadiums.

B – Like the BayArena…(Jamook... I feel it necessary to point out here that Bild is the German equivalent of the S*n.)

Mr. Hyypia – We need to create an atmosphere here like at Anfield Road. To achieve that we need a good start.

B – Won’t you miss Anfield Road?

Mr. Hyypia - Of course, but when I think about our game here with Liverpool in 2002 in the champions league, I have to admit the atmosphere was brilliant. (It wasn’t in the fucking pub where I was watching it! Why the fuck was Didi taken off!?)

B – When is your debut for Bayer?

Mr Hyypia – Maybe I’ll get a few minutes this Saturday against Galatasary. I’ll have to talk to the trainer and see that it’s not too soon.

Anymore articles that anyone finds about the great man or any other articles that need translating, post them and hopefully I’ll find some time.

I realise that this is a gentleman's website so I apologize for any vulgar or course language in the above post. However a mixture of free beer and gin and the fact that there is an announcement every 10 minutes in a fucking annoying cockney accent is driving me crazy!

Cheers mate.

Fucking amazing car that, but I'd still rather have one of these if I could drive (they're just my fave car, and I'd not trust myself with that Ferrari.) :

2008evox_GTR_02.jpg

An ex-girlfriend's brother had an Evo. Not sure exactly which model it was, but it was black. And it scared the living shit out of me it was that fast.

I thought I was going to die in it once, and it was only going at 30mph.