You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

fowler9

I thought he was immense for us in some very big games but even before the eye injury his passing was absolutely woeful. Anything beyond five yards was a risk, which is why Gerrard or Alonso practically ran towards him when he won a tackle.

Mascherano improved us greatly.

Rafa knows defensive players like no other though so I'd imagine he has several relatively unknown options in mind should the worst come to the worst.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought he was immense for us in some very big games but even before the eye injury his passing was absolutely woeful. Anything beyond five yards was a risk, which is why Gerrard or Alonso practically ran towards him when he won a tackle.

Mascherano improved us greatly.

Rafa knows defensive players like no other though so I'd imagine he has several relatively unknown options in mind should the worst come to the worst.

I accept he was never the most composed in possession however I think people remember the later period of his career in a red shirt.

I think momo could come in an do masch's job if he was to go no danger.

I think your right aout Rafa's knowledge aout Def mids though - no doubt he has a list of a few should Masch go.

I'm going to go on a motherfucking negging spree for some of the shit on this thread.

Momo was brilliant for us for the first two seasons. Fighting his way back from a career threatening injury, and alongside Xabi gave us a really nice balance in the centre of the park. His performances in the FA Cup Final, the Champions League, and even the Charity Shield where he single handedly fucked Chelsea up were out of this world.

His passing was always the weak point of his game, and with the pace of the English game, he did struggle at times. He was nowhere near as bad as some people make out.

The best thing he could of done was leave, and go to a league like Italy, where you need to rely on your technical ability, unlike this league, where cloggers who just hoof the ball can get in the side. Anyone who has seen him for Juve will know how much he has improved. Since he broke his foot before they played Chelsea this season, Juve have struggled not having Momo in the middle.

He is only 24, and was 20 when he broke into the first team for us, so was still far from the finished article. Mascherano is 18 months older than Momo, and had more experience. Mascher's passing is fucking shocking at times aswell, but some people think because he plays for Argentina then he must be Alonso mk II.

I'd have Momo back any day, as he's come on leaps and bounds since he moved to Italy and is definitely one of the top defensive midfielders in Europe.

Only someone who is

blind and/or borderline retarded
would put Mascherano's passing in the same category as Momo's.

We get it, you like him, no need to go all deranged about it.

Only someone who is would put Mascherano's passing in the same category as Momo's.

We get it, you like him, no need to go all deranged about it.

You know what, I've got you on ignore but I knew you would try and smugly do what you did. So in future don't reply to any of my posts.

Did I put it in the same category? No I didn't, so don't try and say manipulate what I've said. Mascher's passing is much better than Momo's, but it's probably the weak point of his game, and something he could improve on.

You know what, I've got you on ignore but I knew you would try and smugly do what you did. So in future don't reply to any of my posts.

Did I put it in the same category? No I didn't, so don't try and say manipulate what I've said. Mascher's passing is much better than Momo's, but it's probably the weak point of his game, and something he could improve on.

How can you neg what you can't see? :whoops:

You see the thing is that when he was alledgedly so brilliant for us (which i would dispute) it resulted in a true LFC legend namely Didi being left out the team and eventually leaving far earlier imo than he should have done. I mean even last season Didi was performing creditably for Man City - OK maybe now he might have 'gone' but he certainly hadn't when Rafa originally left him out 3 seasons ago in the belief that Sissoko was an improvement.