You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer '09 Transfer Speculation Thread

Gray - YPC

• Replies 10.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Barry Ferguson is available as well, the scottish Steven Gerrard.

I think Roy Keane has his hands full running Iran at the moment.

I remember years ago people suggesting that we buy that absolute ballbag.

The new Souness.

A midfielder so tough he failed miserably at Blackburn because of homesickness.

I remember years ago people suggesting that we buy that absolute ballbag.

The new Souness.

A midfielder so tough he failed miserably at Blackburn because of homesickness.

I'm not a fan, but wasn't there a small matter of a broken leg?

I'm not a fan, but wasn't there a small matter of a broken leg?

Yep, but doesn't really account for homesickness though!

Bare in mind he was replaced by Joey Barton as the new Steven Gerrard, we do have a tendency to get things wrong, it just doesn't cost us money.

Yep, but doesn't really account for homesickness though!

Bare in mind he was replaced by Joey Barton as the new Steven Gerrard, we do have a tendency to get things wrong, it just doesn't cost us money.

I reckon if if I was stuck in Blackburn, with or without a broken leg, I might want to go home...

I have my reservations as i think Villa does stifle torres at times but maybe that was just under Aragones and the slower build up he utilised.

I think that's started to be proved a bit of a myth to be honest, and that it could just be down to whoever's in the right places at the right times in their matches. I wouldn't be surprised if they joke with eachother about who's going to be the scorer or who'll score the most, but instead of denying eachother chances and being selfish (and causing the team problems.) they understand when the other is in the better position and then try and help if they have the ball, instead of going on selfish runs, etc. (or if the game is all but over and they're clearly winning by a decent margin, you'll see them maybe be a bit more selfish if they feel like it.)

I think that's started to be proved a bit of a myth to be honest, and that it could just be down to whoever's in the right places at the right times in their matches. I wouldn't be surprised if they joke with eachother about who's going to be the scorer or who'll score the most, but instead of denying eachother chances and being selfish (and causing the team problems.) they understand when the other is in the better position and then try and help if they have the ball, instead of going on selfish runs, etc. (or if the game is all but over and they're clearly winning by a decent margin, you'll see them maybe be a bit more selfish if they feel like it.)

They seem to do well together for Spain but from the little I've seen of them, they do have a tendency to make similar runs and get into similar positions. I remember during the Euros the commentators made this big hullaballoo about how great a partnership they were, but there were times when they looked like two extremely good footballers playing near each other. That's totally understandable - most international partnerships look like that - and it could be worked out at club level, but it strikes me we don't really need to. We have a forward partnership and, as good a player as Villa is, there's not much point breaking it up to accommodate another world class player.

Not that we can afford him, anyway. If Barca are going to bid £40m and Bojan and Caceres (that's what, £60m, all told?) we don't stand a chance. Rafa's said before that he doesn't think Villa can play with a partner, too, which would suggest he's not willing to take the risk. Shame, because he'd sell shitloads of Villa 7 shirts.

According to an interview at the Confed Cup for AS.Com Arbeloa has said he wants to run his year down at Liverpool then fuck off back to Spain.

If this is the case then selling him this summer is a priority and may explain why we are looking for a new right back.

Copa Confederaciones Álvaro Arbeloa : Arbeloa: "Italia me da más respeto que Brasil" - AS.com

According to an interview at the Confed Cup for AS.Com Arbeloa has said he wants to run his year down at Liverpool then fuck off back to Spain.

If this is the case then selling him this summer is a priority and may explain why we are looking for a new right back.

Copa Confederaciones Álvaro Arbeloa : Arbeloa: "Italia me da más respeto que Brasil" - AS.com

Has he only got 1 year left on his contract?

He wants to return to Spain?

Idea is one that always I have in mind. I am well in the Liverpool but I would like to return because practically I could not enjoy Liga to the first level. Certainly someday I will return. Outside soccer I long for everything what I have in my country.

Its name appears in the list of futuribles of Real Madrid

It is always tuna to be in the list of important equipment, still more in the one of this Real Madrid that is being constructed. They are delivering a great attack to form grandísimo equipment. I have left a year more with the Liverpool but any thing can happen.

Through his head it does not happen to renew with the Liverpool?

The renovation is in the air. The normal thing is that it only follows next year. That if, if they arrive must it to a supply study in case she agrees to them to sell to me now. He is everything into the hands of my agent. I center in the selection.

At the time of choosing a project. what throws more to him?

When a player signs is important mainly to know the paper that is going to have within the equipment. Nobody guarantees minutes to you but to know if they value to you. When you play in an equipment as the Liverpool you cannot go more to many if you want to maintain the same level. You must look for other that fights by the maximum in Liga and Champions. It is not easy to leave to another club of the same level.

For those who aren't Spanish. You can just about understand Babelfish, Hes basically saying he would want the club to entertain interest from Real, and that if was going to go, it would be there. He also said that he is probably going to go back, and with 1 year left, he isn't looking to renew his contract.

...i think

Arebloa: "The renewal is up in the air. Normally, I would only stay here for next year. That said, if an offer arrives they will have to study it and see if they want to sell me. It is in the hands of my agent," he told AS.

"It is always nice to be in the list of important teams, especially in this Real Madrid side that is being built. They are trying hard to build a great team. I have a year left with Liverpool but anything can happen,"

"I am happy with Liverpool but I would to like [to move to Spain some day] because I have not enjoyed La Liga at the top level. I am sure I will return some day."

Guest simon

MADRID EXPLAIN WHY THEY WON’T BE BUYING ALONSO OR DAVID VILLA

JUNE - 16 - 2009

The Real Madrid director of sport Jorge Valdano has been explaining in an interview why his club won’t be signing Xabi Alonso from Liverpool or David Villa from Valencia.

This is an excerpt of the interview (printed in the Daily Post) in which it says: “It is always complicated to sign players, even though it may not seem like it by how fast we’ve signed Kaka and Cristiano Ronaldo,” he said.

“With regards to Xabi Alonso, Liverpool made an announcement on Sunday and it seems to me they don’t want to sell him, so it will be hard for him to end up playing here.

“I’ve always liked him, since my first time at Real Madrid. I did a massive effort to bring him here a few years back, we met with Real Sociedad but when I left the deal slipped into the background.

“Liverpool valued him at 18million euros last year because he wasn’t an essential player. But he is now. They’ve given him more chances to play and he has responded magnificently.”

Madrid are trying to build a team to challenge treble winners Barcelona but face losing out to their bitter rivals in their bid to snap up David Villa from financially-stricken Valencia.

Reports suggest Barca are prepared to pay around 50million euros, as well as offer players Bojan Krkic and Jose Martin Caceres, for the Spain international and Valdano admits they are not prepared to better that bid.

“If Barca have offered 50million for Villa, plus Bojan and Caceres, I would sell if I was Valencia because we’re not going to try and top that,” he added.

“We have been in discussions over the last week and there were disagreements. On top of money, they want a player and that was causing problems.

“What had seemed to be a deal on track instead became twisted. We don’t know why the price became so high.”

So they don’t always get their man, no matter how much they offer!

Guest simon

Just heard some Cadiz Midfielder will sign tomorrow don't know if true or not but it is the speculation thread he in Liverpool now apparently. Oh yeah he being touted the next Fabregas.