You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Best Film Scenes

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lord Of The Rings: The Return Of The King:

The scene where the Rohirrim arrive at Pelannor Fields to lift the siege of Minas Tirith. King Theoden's speech and the charge that follows it, love the point where the mass cavalry plough through the orcs and the music stops so you can only hear the battle sounds. Masterful film making.

Blazing Saddles:

The arrival of the new Sherriff of Rock Rock Ridge, right from when they can see him on the horizon to where he holds himself up at gunpoint. Top class!

Lord Of The Rings: The Fellowship Of The Ring:

The entire introduction, im my opinion the greatest opening to a film ever.

The Godfather Part I:

The Christening scene. Enough said.

And just for the sheer hell of it, because its fucking funny...

Ghostbusters:

The Stay Puft Marshmallow Man scene. "What did you do, Ray...."

• 1 month later...
Mine are obviously girly ones...

Green mile.

YouTube - John Coffey's Execution

time to kill

YouTube - A Time To Kill Closing Arguement

Shawshank.

couldn't find one showoing Andy walking into the bank. this is almost as good.

edit, i still fucked up, fixed now.

Loving your work Sherry, and now, thanks to you, I can post clips from Youtube properly. repped.

• 1 year later...
Fucking boss.

[YOUTUBE]ZCARXI0WvGo[/YOUTUBE]

Good scene but I think the one with Pipin's song is great. Its the bit where he sings to Denethor while he eats and Faramir and his company ride out to retake the lost ground. Cant find it on youtube but its easily my favourite scene in LOTR.

Lord Of The Rings: The Return Of The King:

The scene where the Rohirrim arrive at Pelannor Fields to lift the siege of Minas Tirith. King Theoden's speech and the charge that follows it, love the point where the mass cavalry plough through the orcs and the music stops so you can only hear the battle sounds. Masterful film making.

I'va always loved that. Just that image of 6000 horsemen shouting death as loud as they can at their enemy. Telling them that they are not afraid and are willing to die for what the believe in. Its a powerful image, no?

Also love the sight of the horses as they begin galloping and you get that wide shot of them just getting faster and faster and Theoden's white horse, just a speck on the screen is always at the front. Classic.