You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rate the last film you watched...

Elite

2 hours ago, Anubis said:

Army Of The Dead - 5/10. As Special K said it’s literally an attempted tongue-in-cheek remake of Aliens with a dash of Raiders thrown in, executed badly for the most part with a couple of decent action sequences. Completely lacks tension where it should have it.

Now we’ve dispensed with the rating let’s get down to the real question. The zombie queen - would you?

Depends. With or without body?

3 hours ago, Anubis said:

Army Of The Dead - 5/10. As Special K said it’s literally an attempted tongue-in-cheek remake of Aliens with a dash of Raiders thrown in, executed badly for the most part with a couple of decent action sequences. Completely lacks tension where it should have it.

Now we’ve dispensed with the rating let’s get down to the real question. The zombie queen - would you?

Check out the fit birds under the radar thread!

The answer is yes, very much.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Anubis said:

1 hour ago, manwiththestick said:

Check out the fit birds under the radar thread!

The answer is yes, very much.

Is that the blonde bit of fluff? Top shelf, she's bloody beautiful. 

• Upvote 1

I’ve also watched Army Of The Dead. 

I was very underwhelmed. 

As others have said, it’s too long. There are far to many long boring bits. The security guard was entirely predictable. The “truce” was just ridiculous. There wasn’t any gruesome deaths, Shaun Of The Dead was nastier. 

I get zombie movies are inherently stupid, but it just takes itself to seriously, boring and long. 

The inevitable sequel based in Mexico is quite clearly going to called Day Of The Dead, set funnily enough, on The Day Of The Dead.

It won’t be as good as Coco though.

The Woman in the Window - Netflix

Amy Adams plays an agoraphobic shrink who gets new neighbours (Gary Oldman and family). The missus thought it was really good, I was the exact opposite. I've seen episodes of Game On with more depth. Bit of a thriller though so some of you might think it's alright. 3/10

29 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

I’ve also watched Army Of The Dead. 

I was very underwhelmed. 

As others have said, it’s too long. There are far to many long boring bits. The security guard was entirely predictable. The “truce” was just ridiculous. There wasn’t any gruesome deaths, Shaun Of The Dead was nastier. 

I get zombie movies are inherently stupid, but it just takes itself to seriously, boring and long. 

The inevitable sequel based in Mexico is quite clearly going to called Day Of The Dead, set funnily enough, on The Day Of The Dead.

It won’t be as good as Coco though.

We watched this, or rather she watched this last night. I got fed up with it after half an hour but glanced up every now and then. 

What an absolute pile of steaming shite.

2/10, and that's generous. 

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Harry's Lad said:

We watched this, or rather she watched this last night. I got fed up with it after half an hour but glanced up every now and then. 

What an absolute pile of steaming shite.

2/10, and that's generous. 

I didn’t dislike it that much, but I thought it was poor.

2.5hrs and I didn’t give 1 shit when any of the characters died.

If there was a “truce” why did the queen & another alpha attack them?

I obviously know it’s a zombie movie and unrealistic to start with, but stuff like that makes earlier plot points (the offering) redundant. 

Anyways, the Mexico set Day Of The Dead, featuring “queens” having zombie baby’s. Spare me. 

Pulp Fiction - newishly opened cinema by mine.

PF was great as ever, though never realised when Vincent scores his H and afterwards when they have to give Mia Wallace the injection, theirs another person in the scene, as small Irish bird, on a bong. 

Film aside, me and her went the cinema as they showing lots of 'old' films just to get bums on seats. For me an her, a large drink each, £10 in total. Absolute steal. think its going to be a regular thing this now. 

Z's dead baby....Z's dead.

• Upvote 3

11 minutes ago, Chip Butty said:

Pulp Fiction - newishly opened cinema by mine.

PF was great as ever, though never realised when Vincent scores his H and afterwards when they have to give Mia Wallace the injection, theirs another person in the scene, as small Irish bird, on a bong. 

Film aside, me and her went the cinema as they showing lots of 'old' films just to get bums on seats. For me an her, a large drink each, £10 in total. Absolute steal. think its going to be a regular thing this now. 

Z's dead baby....Z's dead.

"They use that gon to pierce your ears?" 

That actress has been in loads. The missus had some bollocks on the other week and I was racking my brains trying to work-out who she was. 

Best film of all time IMO. 

• Upvote 1

Harry & Tonto.

A 1974 film about an old boy who goes on a bit of a road trip with his cat. Some funny moments and an unexpected appearance from JR Ewing in there. 7/10.

Recorded off Talking Pictures (loads of good old films on that channel btw).

• Upvote 1

On 26/05/2021 at 19:23, Bjornebye said:

The Woman in the Window - Netflix

Amy Adams plays an agoraphobic shrink who gets new neighbours (Gary Oldman and family). The missus thought it was really good, I was the exact opposite. I've seen episodes of Game On with more depth. Bit of a thriller though so some of you might think it's alright. 3/10

Did Amy Adam’s do a rendition of From

Despair To Where by the Manics?

Watching Life Aquatic with Steve Zizzou (9/10) on Disney+, despite being on the "adult" part of the service they seem to have blurred out the joint he smokes at the beginning despite it not being all that explicit. Weird.

Watched The Mitchells versus the Machines on Netflix with the kids.

Pretty good family film, especially for a father/daughter combo.  Also my boy loves making stupid films and stop-motion animations, so he was bang into the lead girl character too.

7/10