You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rate the last film you watched...

Elite

Had to search for that as the one before that was one of my favourite films when I was a kid. Never knew there was a 'sequel'

From IMDB "The big ape receives a heart transplant and runs off with his blood donor, a she-ape having his baby"

Was pissing myself in disbelief earlier thinking it was a wind up plot.

Going to have to watch that now.

Yep, that's a thing in the movie. It actually starts with footage from the '76 one as well.

Reclaim

Thriller with Ryan Phillipe, John Cusack and Rachelle Lefevre (One of the hottest red headed women on the planet). A couple travel to meet a kid they have spent loads of money adopting only to find out its a scam. Enjoyable watch, bit of a far fetched ending but still worth a watch. 7.5/10

rachelle-lefevre-profile.png?1357452126

Can anyone recommend a modern Western film without CGI, colour correction, excessive poorly lit scenes, too many cuts and excessive dialogue to cover up for lack of interesting characterisation?

Brokeback mountain has cowboys.

Check out The Homesman. I believe the Coen brothers made/remade True Grit. 3:10 to Yuma. Meek's Cutoff. The Rover.

10 Cloverfield Lane, I fucking love Mary Elizabeth Winstead, like I would go and meet her Mum & not say any swear words, I would go for walks in the park with her (not with her Mum), I'd hold her hand down the High Street, I'd crawl through a mile of piss just to do her dishes, I would let her put her Savage Garden albums on, if she asked really nicely I would even shag her in the fud with my cock.

Anyway the film was pretty good until the last 10 minutes, which were a load of shite, 6/10.

10 Cloverfield Lane, I fucking love Mary Elizabeth Winstead, like I would go and meet her Mum & not say any swear words, I would go for walks in the park with her (not with her Mum), I'd hold her hand down the High Street, I'd crawl through a mile of piss just to do her dishes, I would let her put her Savage Garden albums on, if she asked really nicely I would even shag her in the fud with my cock.

Anyway the film was pretty good until the last 10 minutes, which were a load of shite, 6/10.

Everytime I see her name the image of her and her husband pops into my head. All kinds of wrong.

Split 6.5/10

Yeah not bad. Felt like it left a few things unanswered and felt a little sloppy in places but I guess now there's to be a 'sequel' maybe it will clear some stuff up.

James McAvoy was good and not a bad way to spend 2 hours but a pretty forgettable film really.

The 'twist' ending (if you can call it that) was the best bit. More of a reveal.

Guardians of the Galaxy Vol.2 - Enjoyable but there was no real plot to speak of and the whole thing hung on how much you like, or a laugh with, the characters. Wasn't too long and Dave Bautista as Drax stole the show again. 7 out of 10.

Agree with all of that

GOTG 2.

Hmmm, I don't know. I fell stupid saying, in the knowing I paid to say a film with a baby tree, talking racoon, multiple weird aliens & whatever else, stupid, that the film was daft, but it did fell like it was a step too far for me.

There were some good points (as mentioned Drax was quality throughout) but there was a minimal plot, too many jokes didn't hit the mark (including some long-ish running jokes - Taserface?) and the end was over long & over sentimental.

The film worked best, like the 1st one, when the Guardians were at each others throat, but seeing they were split up for about 2/3s of the movie, limited this opportunity.

I will conceded, there were some kids behind me pissing me off and I'd had 6 beers before I went in and was desperately needing a piss in the last 30 mins which may have influenced me, but still, unlike my bladder, it all felt a bit shallow.

5/10.

I really like the Marvel films as well, I think for the most part they are really good escapism, but Avengers 2 was a bit of a wobble and Dr Strange and this, IMO, have continued it.

Maybe it's just the sequel curse - Iron Man 2, Thor 2 & Avengers 2 all failed to as consistently hit the heights of the originals.