You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The McCanns...

Chris

Where did you put her?

Bloody only went and took her on holiday, left her locked in a room while I went for dinner. Of course some other scamp has only gone and pinched. I shoulda known better, I mean you leave a child locked in a roll, what do you expect?

Kidnap. You expect kidnap.

Bloody only went and took her on holiday, left her locked in a room while I went for dinner. Of course some other scamp has only gone and pinched. I shoulda known better, I mean you leave a child locked in a roll, what do you expect?

Kidnap. You expect kidnap.

Setting aside whether people think it's kidnapp or not, they left a three year old and twin two year olds in an apartment by themselves. I can't see how any responsible parent thinks that's acceptable.

Setting aside whether people think it's kidnapp or not, they left a three year old and twin two year olds in an apartment by themselves. I can't see how any responsible parent thinks that's acceptable.

I don't think anyone does do they?

I think the theory that they may have,or some accident,killed her and the parents panicked and hid her body is one that's plausible to the Police and outsiders. I'd like to think the Police had considered this and made this one of their first lines of enquiry but the fact that the Portuguese and British forces became involved in a bit of a slanging match over how the case was handled has muddied the waters regarding motives and hard evidence. If it was a kidnapper then why take the older child who was capable of making a lot of noise and not the younger ones who were more defenceless? Details like this are things that make people a bit sceptical regarding the kidnapping/murder theory.

There are so many 'weird' things they have done and said. Maybe some could be attributed to the trauma/stress but so many, and so odd nonetheless.

Her initial reaction was a really weird one for a mother. And the reaction to the dogs was another.

Intriguing and sad.

Didn’t they drug them as well? I mean, obviously the kidnapper has to take a fair portion of the blame but as a parent, how much more negligent can you get? Drugging your kids to go out and have a meal is pretty much at the apex of concerning parental behaviour

Didn’t they drug them as well? I mean, obviously the kidnapper has to take a fair portion of the blame but as a parent, how much more negligent can you get? Drugging your kids to go out and have a meal is pretty much at the apex of concerning parental behaviour

Yeah, there’s more than one crime committed in my view. The kidnapper is obviously wholly responsible for the kidnapping. The parents are surely guilty of child neglect? I dunno, I’m not a Portuguese lawyer, but seems sensible to me.

We got talking to some Portuguese people on hols and they said that kids being kidnapped was not uncommon in years gone by. In those days it was pretty much a third world country and close to the slave routes in Africa.

When Maddy went missing they said their thoughts were ‘oh no, not again’ rather than ‘fucking feckless parents’.

Anecdotal of course.

That was one of the lines of thought put out there but I don't think there was ever any evidence to say they actually did it.

Depends on the drugs, if it was boss lemo they are cool cats in my book

• Upvote 1

I don't think anyone does do they?

Someone I used to work with (who is not a mother!) said ‘everyone’s done it! My mum and dad used to leave me and my sister all the time on holiday’

Needless to say I’ve never had any time for this woman and and very rarely agree with anything she said!

• 1 month later...
On 8/18/2018 at 10:42 PM, Dougie Do'ins said:

That was one of the lines of thought put out there but I don't think there was ever any evidence to say they actually did it.

It was Calpol, was it not?

I am by no means fans of theirs but it wouldn’t have been the first time a parent gave a child a spoonful of Calpol to try to get them to sleep