You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Xabi Alonso

MLB

A lad on TTWAR says that he's heard that the club believe Xabi will leave for Barcelona and that Rafa is looking to get that horrible albino Gudjonsen as part of the deal. He also says that the Mancs are also chasing Gudjonsen.

Gudjohnson is a good player and links up the play between midfield and attack really well, he also has a decent scoring record and supported us as a kid. The only problem is that he is an utter cunt with the comments he has made about us in the past and it would just wrong to see him here.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone who thinks the way forward for us is to let players of Alonso's calibre go need their fucking head tested.

even if it meant getting world class in a weak area?

for the record I'm a huge alonso fan and obviously I'd rather we kept hold of all our quality players but would you rather see masherano and gerrard with eto infront of them or gerrard alonso masherano with bellemy in front of them?

this is all hypothetical of course as I doubt xabi will leave and I'm pretty certain eto'o wont arrive.

Yes, it's called shooting yourself in the foot.

We need to replace the first team regulars who aren't good enough with new players who are. It really is that simple.

the eto'o thing aside I am excited about finally seeing alonso in an attacking position so he can hurt teams further up the pitch like he did for RS (providing of course rafa wants that for him).

I honestly have no idea if Xabi will play further up the pitch or not. One thing is for sure, he can use his phenomenal passing range to the full when he sits back like he does today.

Perhaps Mascherano will sit and Xabi play further up, who knows?

I honestly have no idea if Xabi will play further up the pitch or not. One thing is for sure, he can use his phenomenal passing range to the full when he sits back like he does today.

Perhaps Mascherano will sit and Xabi play further up, who knows?

I read masherano is at his best when he has all the defensive duties and the attackers sweep forwards with impunity safe in the knowledge there is somone behind to cover them. I hope so because we haven't seen the best of alonso by a long shot.

and before you say 'you were advocating selling him a second ago (LOL! it's true) but only for who I consider is the best striker currently in world football.

Anyone who thinks the way forward for us is to let players of Alonso's calibre go need their fucking head tested.

I don't think it's a case of wanting to let him go, rather a case of him maybe wanting to go?

Nobody knows for sure, but like Paul said the other day it may be hard bargaining by his advisers. If he does go and I have no doubt it will be his decision and not ours as a club then he should go for the absolute maximum.

It's not a case of getting rid for the sake of it. Like any other player at the club, he needs to show that he's committed to playing for us by starting negotiations for a new contract. If he starts fucking us around he should be jibbed off, just like any other player.

It's not a case of getting rid for the sake of it. Like any other player at the club, he needs to show that he's committed to playing for us by starting negotiations for a new contract. If he starts fucking us around he should be jibbed off, just like any other player.

True, and further to that the players have even more negotiating power with this new EU rule of which I know little except that they can buy out contracts before a certain age.

Anybody?

What i'm getting at is I believe we have to let one out of the four(Gerrard,Alonso,Mascherano,Momo)go.

Because it does not make sence to have them all,when decent money is on the table and we could afford to let one of them go.

That's why out of the four i'd opt for Momo.Until Mascherano signed i'd have took the 20m for Xabi

You are quite daft, ATK. You list Gerrard like he is first choice at the center. He is NOT. Period.

Gerrard is playing in the Right Midfield. His future is at right midfield at Liverpool FC.

We have three center midfielders: Alonso, Mascherano, and Momo. Gerrard will be used in the center in Alonso's stead for injuries.

Just accept it.

I would imagine that the lone deal has this in the contract.

ie at the end of his loan deal he can sign for ex amount

just think we should get him sorted out in the summer so the club knows where they are, I think he is more important to LFC than Xabi, top quality defensive midfield players are very hard to find

CARRICK OR MASCHERANO ?

it's difficult to ascertain Mascherano's status, the mail reported that we have agreed to pay £10m, whether that is at the end of this loan period (which i thought was ditched after the premier league kicked up that fuss) or not is a different matter

if he's on a loan with an option we should deffo exercise it and get him on a 5 year contract ASAP

For everyone blowing smoke up Dave's arse arse for his take on Xabi's season, I'd just like to say, "Ahem, hem":

Slow start (like the entire squad), then really good partnership with Gerrard while Big Mo was out and has looked classy in the big games of the last month or so. I think he's had a very good season.

Just out of interest, how do the people who think Xabi's had a good season compare this season with his first?

I think he's had a good season but as I said earlier I also think it's the poorest of the 3 he's had with us.

Agreed, for me he was very poor at the start of the season as were most of the players

• 3 years later...
Just been reading through the thread, and thought I must have been watching a different player to everyone else. Agree with the above. Slightly slow start but has been excellent for the majority of the season

Also think we'd be taking a major step back if he goes in the summer, even taking into account the chief's excellent start.

I agree with this genius.

• 1 month later...