You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Cd's received thread

bri

Just received my secret santa cd. This is a whole new playground for me, and i am very excited to get to know these songs.

Playlist is as follows...

1. J DILLA - Ritmo Suave Bossa Nova

2. Omar - It's So

3. Visioneers -dirty old bossa nova

4. J Rawls - Bailar ft. aloe blacc

5. Average White band - Stop the Rain

6. Slave - Slide

7. Donald Byrd - Dance Band

8. Dabrye - Air

9. Dead Presidents - Hip Hop

10. Ghostface killah - outta town shit

11. El Michaels Affair - c.r.e.a.m

12. Marc Mac - Space Cadets

13. Detroit Experiment - Think Twice

14. DJ Spinna Back 2 U - (ft. Selan) (Yam Who Rework)

15. attica blues - the quest (dixons not released in 2001 mix)

16. J Rawls - a tribute to dilla

17. Spacek - Dollar

18. Laurne - Gone

19. Visioneers - the world is yours

20. Funkaholics - Space Slut

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just received my secret santa cd. This is a whole new playground for me, and i am very excited to get to know these songs.

2. Omar - It's So

6. Slave - Slide

8. Dabrye - Air

17. Spacek - Dollar

18. Laurne - Gone

Fucking hell!!! Someone's been rifling through my record collection.

"...so this morning I was dragged from a deep slumber at a ridiculously early hour, due to the postman wanting to celebrate Christmas, or some such humbug.

With a furry tongue, and eyes like curried marbles I took the mass of packages from said postie, whilst trying to avoid melting him with breath that would make any dog proud. (Yes, I am that attractive first thing in the morning).

My state of dazed confusion wasn't helped when I happened across a jiffy bag from Sweden, addressed to someone who has a similar name to myself, and happens to live at the same address*. Bewilderment turned to realisation swift;y when I bothered to read the address properly - it was for me; maybe twas the Secret Satan from Sweden?

Furthermore, the jiffy bag that I was excitedly waving around was inscribed with not one, but two C-words - CD and (wait for it...) chocolate. Apologies if anyone drowned in the cum tsunami.

Rather too excitedly I tore the top off the envelope to be confronted with a snow-storm of blizzard-like proportions. Still half-awake I wondered how the snow hadn't melted before realising that the large pile of white-stuff that was being spread around the house was actually a mass of "holes" from a hole-punch. Oh how I laughed. (Later I decided that this was a nice festive touch, although at the time I may have sworn.)

The promise of chocolate drove me on like some Toon fan in a queue for free steak and kidney puddings, and then I pulled out ... a PLOPP...

plopp.jpg

Not actual wrapper

This lead to much merriment amongst myself, the sproggs and Mrs Madstock, who had been worried that I might have hurt myself given the large variety and volume of obscenities that I had apparently been shouting at a pile of paper bits. Needless to say the enfants took care of the Plopp, which lead my 12-year old to muse: "Yes, it was like a plop - it has nuts and everything", during lunch today. Which was nice to hear.

The CD itself, "Sex Banquet" is a top notch affair, with personal favourites from Cypress Hill, The Beastie Boys, Elvis, The Buzzcocks and Johnny Cash - I will post a full tracklist later unless the Secret Satan himself would like to do so before I return...

In unmasking the Satan, I have considered several things in a true CSI fashion, and have deduced that the poster must be:

1. Living in Sweden

2. Upset that his package had not yet arrived

3. Of a similar or slightly older age than myself

4. Someone who has previously posted that their CD has an "Ace title". (For it does.)

The finger of suspicion therefore points to...

38239xEg1_w.jpg

...although I may be wrong.

Thanks ever so much in any case, I am very grateful to have received the CD.

* By changing a couple of letters around in my surname I am made to sound Nigerian, which was great for the Secret Santa, as he has no Nigerian friends. I truly believe that when he wrote "I have no Nigerian friends", he wrote one word too many.

"...so this morning I was dragged from a deep slumber at a ridiculously early hour, due to the postman wanting to celebrate Christmas, or some such humbug.

With a furry tongue, and eyes like curried marbles I took the mass of packages from said postie, whilst trying to avoid melting him with breath that would make any dog proud. (Yes, I am that attractive first thing in the morning).

My state of dazed confusion wasn't helped when I happened across a jiffy bag from Sweden, addressed to someone who has a similar name to myself, and happens to live at the same address*. Bewilderment turned to realisation swift;y when I bothered to read the address properly - it was for me; maybe twas the Secret Satan from Sweden?

Furthermore, the jiffy bag that I was excitedly waving around was inscribed with not one, but two C-words - CD and (wait for it...) chocolate. Apologies if anyone drowned in the cum tsunami.

Rather too excitedly I tore the top off the envelope to be confronted with a snow-storm of blizzard-like proportions. Still half-awake I wondered how the snow hadn't melted before realising that the large pile of white-stuff that was being spread around the house was actually a mass of "holes" from a hole-punch. Oh how I laughed. (Later I decided that this was a nice festive touch, although at the time I may have sworn.)

The promise of chocolate drove me on like some Toon fan in a queue for free steak and kidney puddings, and then I pulled out ... a PLOPP...

plopp.jpg

Not actual wrapper

This lead to much merriment amongst myself, the sproggs and Mrs Madstock, who had been worried that I might have hurt myself given the large variety and volume of obscenities that I had apparently been shouting at a pile of paper bits. Needless to say the enfants took care of the Plopp, which lead my 12-year old to muse: "Yes, it was like a plop - it has nuts and everything", during lunch today. Which was nice to hear.

The CD itself, "Sex Banquet" is a top notch affair, with personal favourites from Cypress Hill, The Beastie Boys, Elvis, The Buzzcocks and Johnny Cash - I will post a full tracklist later unless the Secret Satan himself would like to do so before I return...

In unmasking the Satan, I have considered several things in a true CSI fashion, and have deduced that the poster must be:

1. Living in Sweden

2. Upset that his package had not yet arrived

3. Of a similar or slightly older age than myself

4. Someone who has previously posted that their CD has an "Ace title". (For it does.)

The finger of suspicion therefore points to...

38239xEg1_w.jpg

...although I may be wrong.

Thanks ever so much in any case, I am very grateful to have received the CD.

* By changing a couple of letters around in my surname I am made to sound Nigerian, which was great for the Secret Santa, as he has no Nigerian friends. I truly believe that when he wrote "I have no Nigerian friends", he wrote one word too many.

:D

Could only come from one man. Shame, i could have done with a plopp this morning.

Glad you got it before Christmas. The shop was sold out of käck, I was going to send some of that too.

Here is the tracklisting:

1. Mark Mothersbaugh - Open Sea Theme

2. Beastie Boys - Sabotage

3. Ambulance Ltd - Anecdote

4. The Beta Band - Human Being

5. Buzzcocks - Ever Fallen in Love?

6. Byrds - Mr. Bojangles

7. Cypress Hill and Roni Size - Child of the West

8. Dinosaur Jr - Freak Scene

9. Elvis Presley - Viva Las Vegas

10. Doves - There Goes the Fear

11. Gnarls Barkley - Gone Daddy Gone

12. Jean Jacques Perrey - E.V.A

13. Johnny Cash - Man In Black

14. Lynyrd Skynyrd - Saturday Night Special

15. Ice Cube - Today was a Good Day

16. Frank Black & Teenage Fanclub - Sister Isabel

17. James Taylor Quartet - Theme from Starsky and Hutch

2. Omar - It's So

6. Slave - Slide

8. Dabrye - Air

17. Spacek - Dollar

18. Laurne - Gone

I want a copy of that CD!

2. Omar - It's So

6. Slave - Slide

8. Dabrye - Air

17. Spacek - Dollar

18. Laurne - Gone

Kurt, have you worked out who did this yet? My suspicions lie with MLB. If not him, maybe The Ghost or possibly Christian (although I don't think so).

Kurt, have you worked out who did this yet? My suspicions lie with MLB. If not him, maybe The Ghost or possibly Christian (although I don't think so).

My producer mailed me the track list before i received the cd, as he forgot to send one with the cd. So I did`nt need Sherlock Holes to figure it out...

And It`s none of your suggestions.

:)

My producer mailed me the track list before i received the cd, as he forgot to send one with the cd. So I did`nt need Sherlock Holes to figure it out...

And It`s none of your suggestions.

:)

Well who is it, then? The mystery is supposed to be yours, not mine!

I haven't had mine yet either.

But then again, I'm only sending the one I did out today.

So my guess is that there are quite a few late contributors. I don't feel too bad that I'm late because it meant I could spend longer putting it together.

Santa comes a different time in your neck of the woods then?