You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Now for Kuyt

snez1

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest molbyscorchio

He'll either be great, or he'll be average. He's almost certainly not going to be on the teamsheet every week anyway. And who would you rather have coming off the bench - Kuyt or Mellor (not including your last minute winner against Aresenal - god bless you lad). He won't be a terrible buy - and he could be a very good one.

I reckon Kronk will be gone too - Liverpool's very own Marco Boogers.

I cant get me head round why hes still playing in the dutch league at 26 if hes that good,most quality dutch players are playing abroad at that age.

He did stay an extra year out of loyalty or whatever it was even though he was being linked with moves away.

van Nistelrooy only moved at 25, Stam moved at 26 too, it's not like Kuyt has been a failure in Holland, he's scored nearly 100 goals in the last three seasons.

He's also only been playing as a forward for four years which would explain why he wasn't on the radar of big clubs from a young age.

Kuyt in by friday according to mick the baker over on YNWA.

he said "a bootle born centre back who plays for us said kuyt in by friday" something like that.

But what do Bob the butcher and Colin the candlestick maker say?

:D

I think Kuyt is a bit of a donkey but he works hard and scores goals so no complaints.

But Rash, you shouldn't even say he's a donkey. Pre-world cup you never said that, so your opinion IS based purely on the world cup, where he was played out of position or had little service. Rafa's been after him for over a year, many other top clubs, plus Newcastle, have shown interest in him at one time or another. Personally I'm in blissful ignorance as I didn't see a single minute of Holland's world cup.

But Rash, you shouldn't even say he's a donkey. Pre-world cup you never said that, so your opinion IS based purely on the world cup, where he was played out of position or had little service. Rafa's been after him for over a year, many other top clubs, plus Newcastle, have shown interest in him at one time or another. Personally I'm in blissful ignorance as I didn't see a single minute of Holland's world cup.

I've always said he isn't very skillful but he scores goals and works hard. We can't ask for more than that, but for £10M I'd not buy Kuyt but trust the manager 100% on him. I am well happy with this summers buys.

Rafa has been scouting Kuyt for 2 years now so there is no way that Dirks performance in the World Cup will have played any role in his decision. The bits of Kuyt i saw in the World Cup was that he tries hard and links the forward line to midfield very well.

At the World cup Kuyt was played out of position when he came on and when he did move into the centre he had to hope Robben would pass the ball which he rarely did.

Because of the way Rafa sets our team up and especially when you look at the other signings he has made this season a striker who is expected to do his fair share of graft. He as got to be able to get stuck in and hold the ball up and link midfield.

This in my opinion is why Rafa will go for Kuyt instead of Trezeguet.

I've always said he isn't very skillful but he scores goals and works hard. We can't ask for more than that, but for £10M I'd not buy Kuyt but trust the manager 100% on him. I am well happy with this summers buys.

If Rafa wants him & gets him, that'll do for me. I'm pretty chuffed with what we've done so far, pretty much got two players for each position. More importantly a hungry in-your-face squad that want to play in a red shirt and want to win trophies. Off-load a couple more Houllier left overs and it's a job well done.

If Rafa wants him & gets him, that'll do for me. I'm pretty chuffed with what we've done so far, pretty much got two players for each position. More importantly a hungry in-your-face squad that want to play in a red shirt and want to win trophies. Off-load a couple more Houllier left overs and it's a job well done.

That to me is one of the great things about the team Rafa is building and that is they are hungry for success. More or less every player is chomping at the bit to get started and to get at teams.

Last season Bolton moaned saying we were too physical. That made me laugh and showed what we are about. We are no pushovers. You cant kick us and expect us to bottle it, we will just kick back but harder.

The signing of Bellamy upfront will re-enforce this next season.

Rafa has been scouting Kuyt for 2 years now so there is no way that Dirks performance in the World Cup will have played any role in his decision. The bits of Kuyt i saw in the World Cup was that he tries hard and links the forward line to midfield very well.

At the World cup Kuyt was played out of position when he came on and when he did move into the centre he had to hope Robben would pass the ball which he rarely did.

Because of the way Rafa sets our team up and especially when you look at the other signings he has made this season a striker who is expected to do his fair share of graft. He as got to be able to get stuck in and hold the ball up and link midfield.

This in my opinion is why Rafa will go for Kuyt instead of Trezeguet.

I agree when it comes to the World Cup, He played in a different role, a kind of a right winger, hopefully not the position where Rafa is considering him. Kut is NOT an "Ian Rush"-forward, more like "King Kenny" and even Peter B. The largest Dutch newspaper - De Telegraaf - today - has a story about the Norwegian Erik Nevland from Groningen who is coming to Feyenoord to replace Kuyt.

Juve has now confirmed that Trezeguet-Nedved-Zlatan is staying. Forget about him!

I also think Jan K will stay since we didnt get Alves, who also plays RB - if Jan K leaves we dont have a back-up for Finnan.

Lets hope Charlton gets both Djimi and Diao for around £2 mill and Pompey takes Dudek for about the same (he only got one year left??).

Just saw this and quite convinced this guy has capabilities, he scores from lot of angles. None of the 11 or 12 goals are the same.

Ofcourse opposition,league,etc but if he has the capabilities surely Rafa will bring the best out of him. Heard this before and really Shearer like.

Just saw this and quite convinced this guy has capabilities, he scores from lot of angles. None of the 11 or 12 goals are the same.

Ofcourse opposition,league,etc but if he has the capabilities surely Rafa will bring the best out of him. Heard this before and really Shearer like.

we are never going to be able to afford him. Just like every other team has done to us, we are going to have the piss taken out of us and it'll end up costing us 15 million.

Feyenoord are unlikely to go for a swap deal and cash unless it's about 10 million cash up front.

I don't think we have that.

moores should just give rafa the difference, slap down 12.3 million or whatever they've asked for and get the guy in otherwise that clown parry will end up haggling the wrong way and it'll cost us more than they want.

he's rubbish at negotiating.

we are never going to be able to afford him. Just like every other team has done to us, we are going to have the piss taken out of us and it'll end up costing us 15 million.

Feyenoord are unlikely to go for a swap deal and cash unless it's about 10 million cash up front.

I don't think we have that.

moores should just give rafa the difference, slap down 12.3 million or whatever they've asked for and get the guy in otherwise that clown parry will end up haggling the wrong way and it'll cost us more than they want.

he's rubbish at negotiating.

I doubt the price is so high; thats why i was asking people in my post before this. Media speculation is that much - but remember the agent saying its not so much.

I am not sure what he meant - is it about money being offered for him or his asking price?

If it is money being offered then shouldn't he be explicitly clear about it.

I doubt the price is so high; thats why i was asking people in my post before this. Media speculation is that much - but remember the agent saying its not so much.

I am not sure what he meant - is it about money being offered for him or his asking price?

If it is money being offered then shouldn't he be explicitly clear about it.

our best chance of signing kuyt is if he actually says he wants to go to Liverpool, then a deal, agreeable to both parties will have to be thrashed out.

say it

homer.jpg