You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Streams?

welsh_kopite

Why aren't the clubs tapping into T'internet? There's obviously money to be made from netcasting games and they ain't getting a slice.

Because they can't eat their cake and have it too.

You can't both sell exclusive live rights to Sky/C+ and then stream games live on the Internet as well.

I think the clubs are allowed to show games 48 hrs after they were played, but I could be wrong.

Streaming is the future. You can get every game as it is now, if you search hard enough. how legal that is is questionable.

Soon you will have Sky and the rest offering live games of your fav team to watch online for a fee.

And maybe the clubs will do the same for all games when the rights have been sorted out.

Streaming is the future. You can get every game as it is now, if you search hard enough. how legal that is is questionable.

If the stream is based in a country in the western world, chances that the stream would be legal are very slim.

Soon you will have Sky and the rest offering live games of your fav team to watch online for a fee..

Probably. But my guess is it will take a few years. In my experince streams are shit, and I would prefer a tv broadcast given the choice. PPV will be a better choice imo. DTT will enable that to a much larger extent than with the current situation.

And maybe the clubs will do the same for all games when the rights have been sorted out.

If the clubs want to retain part of the broadcasting rights, that will definately cost them when the value of the deal is determined.

Whether the clubs will make money or not from such a strategy is debatable, imho.

If the stream is based in a country in the western world, chances that the stream would be legal are very slim.

Probably. But my guess is it will take a few years. In my experince streams are shit, and I would prefer a tv broadcast given the choice. PPV will be a better choice imo. DTT will enable that to a much larger extent than with the current situation.

If the clubs want to retain part of the broadcasting rights, that will definately cost them when the value of the deal is determined.

Whether the clubs will make money or not from such a strategy is debatable, imho.

Streams are getting much better CCTV5 (800k) on PPLive is unbelievable.

Because they can't eat their cake and have it too.

You can't both sell exclusive live rights to Sky/C+ and then stream games live on the Internet as well.

I think the clubs are allowed to show games 48 hrs after they were played, but I could be wrong.

I know what the deal is, but they're the ones who make the deal; it's their product to sell. Why aren't they showing all non-televised games live?

Why is it some of you got the ppstream to work. I installed it and followed the instructions to insert the link and it just kept buffering (im on 2mb). I tried the ppstream internet explorer version as well, that would show a pic for about 2 secs then just cut out ??????????

Never had no probs using pplive or coolstreaming (never tried sopcast so dont know what thats like).