You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Mo, The Vote - time to go?

Mo the poll - stay or go?  

160 members have voted

1. 1. What would you do with Mo this summer, assuming we take it out of the hands of the new manager

• Offer a new deal and keep him till the end of his career
    • Let him see out his contract
    • Sell him for any type of market value fee
    • Sell him but only for a massive fee

I've always been a big Mo fan, which might sound daft as most are. I'm not quite at codes level, but not far away.. if you'd have told me after the year we won the league the only one we'd only have one left of the front 3, I'd have picked Mo. But for me there's no doubt his powers are on the way out. We've had 2 title challenges impacted by his afcon trips and for me that yesterday has me disgusted in him. Not just the behaviour on the touchline, he can fix that by apologising. It's the way he poured fuel to the fire after the game. Maybe he thinks he's untouchable because klopp is going, but fuck that. Slot is going to have enough problems next year without that type of behaviour. Get rid. 

• Upvote 1

We have been very good at selling at the right time and letting players legs go/fall into serious decline on someone elses watch.

I'd say all things considered, his age, his contract, the price we could get, how much more we would get from him beyond another season etc that this coming summer is probably the sweet spot for selling Salah.

I don't think it's just Salah, now that there is nothing to play for anymore and Klopp's team are on the way out, malcontents will be more vocal.

If we cannot find a position where Salah can be consistently useful with his often unbelievable assists,  there is not much left. So, Mo Salah, Mo problem.

Better to sell him a year early, for a massive fee, than a year late.

One of our best players prior to the Afcon but his usual post international slump coupled with injury has killed any momentum.

With a new manager, and a fresh start, now might be the best time to get the most we can for him and invest that into a new goalscorer even if it is selling our most consistent source of goals.

I love Mo, he's been fantastic for us but he wouldn't be the player he became without Jürgen Klopp.

He's not the Mo he was though, he's on the decline which sadly happens as a player gets older.

Disagreements are nothing new on the touchline but that public show of disrespect yesterday and afterwards was inexcusable and has tainted him for me.

It's time for him to be shipped out.

We can't be having that.

I'm not emotionally ready to make a call on this.

There isn't a solution that we would all be happy with.

We don't want to see Mo play for another club, yet we can't have that sort of behaviour.

What a fucking mess.

• Upvote 1

I love the lad, makes my all time XI. I can get over what happened on the pitch yesterday but the way he carried on after pissed me off. I'd be looking to sell in the summer. 

Every player gets to a point where they’re done, one way or another.

Since Salah’s apparent spat with Mane, and the whole agent/contract shenanigans, I think he’s come across sometimes as believing he’s more important than the team. Also, since the contract, I don’t think he’s been as effective. That could be down to team tactics restricting him, it might be him protecting himself from the stick he was getting and the lack of protection afforded him by our “impartial” referees, he might also have been thinking and wanting to promote his international standing within Egypt and the wider African community. We probably will never know. His numbers are excellent, yet I believe they could, and should, have been much better and with better finishing they would have been staggering.

Time and tide wait for no man, the saying goes, I think we’ve seen the best of Mo and after yesterday, I think he has had his time here so we should take a decent offer, if one is made and say thanks for the good times.

Of course, Slot might want him around or Mo and his agent may decide to ride out the contract, either way, we’ll find out soon enough.

31 minutes ago, KMD7 said:

I love the lad, makes my all time XI. I can get over what happened on the pitch yesterday but the way he carried on after pissed me off. I'd be looking to sell in the summer. 

It's like the point I think @Paul makes on the podcast. That after the game wasn't done with emotion and anger. He was laughing and thought it a joke. Making a show of our club and doing this to klopp at any time, let alone now, is absolutely unforgivable. 

• Upvote 2

Just now, Barrington Womble said:

It's like the point I think @Paul makes on the podcast. That after the game wasn't done with emotion and anger. He was laughing and thought it a joke. Making a show of our club and doing this to klopp at any time, let alone now is absolutely unforgivable. 

Yeah my thoughts exactly Baz. 

I still think there is a place for Mo. His days of scoring 25 league goals are gone but he can still be valuable to the team/squad.

Diaz is another ons getting a lot of heat because he isn't prolific. We can play other ways, how about being able to win 1-0? If the plan is we need to score 3 to win then sell both of them.

Slot is going to need some cash to bring his players in, and Mo probably brings in £60-70m..?

But I do think some of the criticism of him is bollocks. People compare him to 20-21 Salah (when he was probably the best player in the world) instead of comparing him to Diaz, Gakpo or Darwin

3 minutes ago, markcd said:

Slot is going to need some cash to bring his players in, and Mo probably brings in £60-70m..?

But I do think some of the criticism of him is bollocks. People compare him to 20-21 Salah (when he was probably the best player in the world) instead of comparing him to Diaz, Gakpo or Darwin

Why in fucks name would someone compare the highest paid player in our history like that??