You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Arne Slot

11 hours ago, El Rojo said:

I’m so glad, that Slotty is a Red,

I’m so glad, he’s got a baldy head 

Arne said nothing yeno

We're not sure about the future yeno

He said nowt

I'm totally ambivalent at the moment and I feel fine. 

32 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

Could somebody kindly post this article please?

https://x.com/telefootball/status/1792846040749817911?s=46

IMG_1569.png

Is that the nagging doubt? It's a ridiculous stand point. Oh we've hired a Dutch manager and our rivals have a shit one, so he must be shit. I think there's obviously a nagging doubt because he's not achieved in a top rated league, but could he not be equally be arteta or postecoglou mk II? Or are we just meant to be fearful he's bald and Dutch, which clearly he is. 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

Is that the nagging doubt? It's a ridiculous stand point. Oh we've hired a Dutch manager and our rivals have a shit one, so he must be shit. I think there's obviously a nagging doubt because he's not achieved in a top rated league, but could he not be equally be arteta or postecoglou mk II? Or are we just meant to be fearful he's bald and Dutch, which clearly he is. 

We're in a period where him announcing he's leaving in his final press conference when the club tweeted it as well makes him a Brendan Rogers type personality.

At the very least Bald and Dutch is more of a solid basis for which to make ill conceived comparisons.

28 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

It's a decent enough article to be fair, and spends a decent chunk outlining why this is unlikely to be the case.

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, TD_LFC said:

We're in a period where him announcing he's leaving in his final press conference when the club tweeted it as well makes him a Brendan Rogers type personality.

Nah.

I was going with inexperienced managing a huge club/experienced in the PL and a bit too keen to talking to the press, for my own personal liking. That’s it. 

Also, the absolute nerve of someone comparing our new manager to one of our old ones! 

Anyway, now it’s all officially confirmed by the club and we’ve said goodbye to Klopp I’m all in on Slot.

Bring on next season. 

5 minutes ago, Juniper said:

Nah.

I was going with inexperienced managing a huge club/experienced in the PL and a bit too keen to talking to the press, for my own personal liking. That’s it. 

Also, the absolute nerve of someone comparing our new manager to one of our old ones! 

Anyway, now it’s all officially confirmed by the club and we’ve said goodbye to Klopp I’m all in on Slot.

Bring on next season. 

?

1 hour ago, Barrington Womble said:

Well, plenty have posters have made comments we don’t want a bald Dutch coach because of 7-Hag. 

I’m not convinced all of them are in jest. 

1 hour ago, TD_LFC said:

At the very least Bald and Dutch is more of a solid basis for which to make ill conceived comparisons.

I think Juniper and I have made our positions / caveats crystal clear on this. I don’t see the beef. Neither of us are repeatedly saying it and it’s certainly not a hill I’ll die on, I sincerely hope he’s significantly more Klopp than Rodgers. 

14 minutes ago, El Rojo said:

When you realise your job title is ‘coach’ and not ‘manager’.

Simon Hughes made an interesting point today… was the fact Klopp lost his support network (Edwards, Ward, Graham etc) and took on more responsibility, could this additional workload contributed to his burn out?

42 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

Simon Hughes made an interesting point today… was the fact Klopp lost his support network (Edwards, Ward, Graham etc) and took on more responsibility, could this additional workload contributed to his burn out?

He previously spent about seven years with Mainz and Borussia Dortmund. With us almost nine. I think he would have left in 23 if he was satisfied with what he was leaving behind.

2 minutes ago, SasaS said:

He previously spent about seven years with Mainz and Borussia Dortmund. With us almost nine. I think he would have left in 23 if he was satisfied with what he was leaving behind.

I got the impression it was 2023 that drained him and I think you’re right, if he’d have been happy, he would have walked.

Makes sense he wasn’t happy leaving things as they were the season before last.

Didn’t he agree a two year extension then too?

Would seem that he wanted to leave some kind of legacy to whoever followed on and also not leave us in the shit.