You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Crystal Palace (H) - Sun 14th Apr 2024 (2:00pm)

Trumo

12 hours ago, manwiththestick said:

Mad plan this but how about we score the first goal dead early and then continue to score a few more during the game whilst also not conceding any.

It just might work.

What do you think this is 2019?

2 hours ago, Lee909 said:

------------------Kelleher 

Bradley-Quansah-Bajectic-Robbo

-------------------McConnel

---------Elliot----------------Clark

Gordon------------Danns---------Jones

Same team for me but probably Koumas for Jones. 

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, an tha said:

Team that started at the toilet last week but with Alisson in goal seems to be the rumour....

Good. They are due a reaction. Kelleher has been fantastic but we need Ali and the big characters back. 

Jota will hopefully come on and score a goal. Trent too has to play some part.

8 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

Here's hoping the performance and the atmosphere are both a LOT better than midweek.

I went midweek and I’m going today, and I have a determination to right a few wrongs and shout my heart out. I hope the same applies to those around me and it’s not a nice Far Eastern family filming me sing YNWA on their massive a Samsung phone to show the folks back home.

Scream and shout and sing, a lot rides on this. If we win and Villa get something at Arse then things will look more rosy.

• Upvote 2

Hope we start slowly and gift them some easy chances within the first 5 minutes to help get their confidence up. The rest of the match will then be an intense and nervy battle, and our players will be exhausted by the end, and we'll have made Palace look world class. 

Throw in an implausible Nunez miss, and a narrow win, and people complaining about atmosphere and we've got it all. 

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, johnsusername said:

Hope we start slowly and gift them some easy chances within the first 5 minutes to help get their confidence up. The rest of the match will then be an intense and nervy battle, and our players will be exhausted by the end, and we'll have made Palace look world class. 

Throw in an implausible Nunez miss, and a narrow win, and people complaining about atmosphere and we've got it all. 

It's our modus operandi these days. 

32 minutes ago, Reckoner said:

I went midweek and I’m going today, and I have a determination to right a few wrongs and shout my heart out. I hope the same applies to those around me and it’s not a nice Far Eastern family filming me sing YNWA on their massive a Samsung phone to show the folks back home.

Scream and shout and sing, a lot rides on this. If we win and Villa get something at Arse then things will look more rosy.

I wouldn't totally dismiss the tourists.  I was talking to a South African woman in the chippy before the game the other night.  She was probably in her seventies, knew and loved everything about Liverpool FC, but this was her first visit.  She didn't have a ticket for that shambles (thankfully) so she wanted a recommendation for a pub to watch it. (I sent her to Jürgen's.)  She wasn't sure where her hotel was and her luggage (with her clothes and her medicine) was stuck in Zurich, but she was just absolutely loving being here.

She's going today.  If the rest of us can match half her enthusiasm, the place will be bouncing.

• Upvote 4

Maybe we didn’t take Thursday seriously because we were holding back for this game.

If so I’d want at least a 9-0 to make up for how little of a fuck we gave. I almost can’t believe how many fans still have faith in this squad after a performance that fucking amateur.