You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Man Utd (A) - Sun 7th Apr 2024 (3:30pm)

23 minutes ago, Mook said:

Thank fuck for that, we won't have to worry about some sky fairy voodoo nonsense fucking with our players, who get paid handsomely to be fit enough to play.

Not being a religious fella myself I would suggest the reality of nutrition does come into play without the fairies knowledge.

4 minutes ago, Olddantucker said:

Fuck me, this place. And we complain about feral posts on Everton & Man City sites.

Beat palace on Sunday and say Arsenal slip up we are winning it again that’s how it will be on here 

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

Not being a religious fella myself I would suggest the reality of nutrition does come into play without the fairies knowledge.

Precisely.

14 minutes ago, Smell The Glove said:

From all that dominance we didn't even score from open play either. Nothing summed up our lack of composure more than Nunez from the breakaway. There were countless others like the Diaz pass to Salah and that's before you even get to Dom, Diaz and Salah all missing sitters.

I don't specifically remember the "Nunez break away". But pretty much every player we had on the pitch today had decisive moments where they could have done better. Quansah had an an obvious one. But every single other player on the pitch could have done something better today to improve the scoreline, but instead did something shite. Today's loss was on the team, in exactly the same way if we'd won, it would have been a team win..I'm absolutely gutted about the result..but it's on them all, the manager included..

• Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

I responded to this sort of post, our xG wasn't that high pre-mistake. Not scoring more than 1 was not a ridiculously bad outcome.

I'll come back at you with this; being a not stats guy, what do you make of the crippling momentum loss a mistake like that inflicts on a team?

I'm not sure it was a "momentum" loss, mate, especially if you think our first half goal tally was "not a ridiculously bad outcome"....

In which case, we were only 1-0 up away to our biggest traditional rivals after dominating the first half.

The goal happened early in the second half.

Any "momentum" was perhaps already lost during the half-time break and the realisation that - despite the first half supremacy - the game is still in the balance.

• Upvote 1

49 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

We can maybe say klopp should have played it the other way. But the real issue is konate can't be trusted. I'd bomb him in a heartbeat in the summer. 

It might've been better if we'd just gambled and played him. I'm not blaming either of them though, think it's more of a collective issue the team had. The last game there didn't really help our mindset either by the looks of it.

24 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

It's not my human nature. It's a read on the game.

That goal after that mistake is about as blatant a turning point as you'll see in a game. Complete control, not letting your opponent a single shot, and then subsequent to the event, everyone shits themselves. 

If you want to just ignore that because you think it makes you a better person, that's fine, but it's also a bit deluded.

The finishing is a part of it. I don't think it's remotely as big a part of it as that mistake.

And I find it bizarre people will gas up our forwards but then shit on them for this kind of performance. This is who they've been all along. 

???

1 minute ago, Barrington Womble said:

I don't specifically remember the "Nunez break away". But pretty much every player we had on the pitch today had decisive moments where they could have done better. Quansah had an an obvious one. But every single other player on the pitch could have done something better today to improve the scoreline, but instead did something shite. Today's loss was on the team, in exactly the same way if we'd won, it would have been a team win..I'm absolutely gutted about the result..but it's on them all, the manager included..

The Nunez one was played across from Diaz. Just needed to touch it back to Dom for an open goal but didn't even know he was there. He should have scored anyway but sliced it. Nunez was really poor today. If you're the worst of our forwards after today you know you've had a bad game.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, 3 Stacks said:

I responded to this sort of post, our xG wasn't that high pre-mistake. Not scoring more than 1 was not a ridiculously bad outcome.

I'll come back at you with this; being a not stats guy, what do you make of the crippling momentum loss a mistake like that inflicts on a team?

XG is a useless stat.  If a forward has his strike partner completely free in the box and fucks up a simple pass and gives it straight to the defender then it's zero xG but clearly it was a really good chance.  Takes a touch too many and loses the opportunity and scuffs off a shot that is blocked, similar outcome.  xG of 1.65 or whatever it was doesn't tell the story of the first half.

• Upvote 1

At least 3 times that I recall, Maquire wrapped his arms around our player and hauled them off their feet, at least twice directly in front of the lino. No action taken.

Whoever it was that hit Taylor with the ball, should have hit it harder and taken his fucking head off.

It's down to us we didn't win but that Manc cunt didn't make it any easier.

• Upvote 4

7 hours ago, 3 Stacks said:

It's not my human nature. It's a read on the game.

That goal after that mistake is about as blatant a turning point as you'll see in a game. Complete control, not letting your opponent a single shot, and then subsequent to the event, everyone shits themselves. 

If you want to just ignore that because you think it makes you a better person, that's fine, but it's also a bit deluded.

The finishing is a part of it. I don't think it's remotely as big a part of it as that mistake.

And I find it bizarre people will gas up our forwards but then shit on them for this kind of performance. This is who they've been all along. 

The same people ignoring this are the same people ignoring that Quansah gave away the ball in dangerous areas twice in the first half but on those occasions we were in a position to recover. That alone should have been waning enough to him to play the simple ball. And Kelleher positioned himself to give him that simple ball.

Quansah has been excellent for us. But there have been occasions this season when he seems to believe he’s the finished article and he isn’t. Simple balls. Walk before you run. Hopefully this will teach him he’s not at VVD level yet.

Quansah’s mistake obviously cost us, it was piss poor, but the finish from Fernandes was sadly as good as the pass was bad. 

Its the main reason we drew the game, no ifs or buts about it. It was on par with Van Dijk and Alisson gifting Martinelli a goal at the Emirates. 

Home and away, Liverpool had a combined total of 62 shots in their two league meetings . That’s a damning stat and there are no excuses for scoring only 2 goals. I don’t think we are out of it by any means but we can’t keep doing this sort of thing.

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, The wanderer said:

Home and away, Liverpool had a combined total of 62 shots in their two league meetings . That’s a damning stat and there are no excuses for scoring only 2 goals. I don’t think we are out of it by any means but we can’t keep doing this sort of thing.

Conceding soft goals and then having to pepper the other end until something goes in makes for excitement but it's not conducive to winning stuff..

• Upvote 2

11 hours ago, Moctezuma said:

This would be true if our record at Old Trafford wasn't so consistently dire. It basically doesn't matter how we perform (though we are often poor) the result almost always end up being the same (i.e. they win around 50+% of the time and we get a draw around 30% of the time, if we're exceptionally lucky and they are in a melt down state or get a red card then we might win).

As stated in the other posts I don't know why people so quickly waft this off as 'oh sometimes you get no luck' or 'we just didn't finish today'. The club for a long time has had real difficulties getting positive results at the venue regardless of the respective strengths and abilities of the teams playing, number of chances etc., that should send off a bit of a klaxon. Instead I don't get the impression much is being done about it.

How far back are you going for your stats?  If you're counting the 90s and 00s, then the reason we didn't (often) win there is that they were very good and we were shite.

If you're just counting the 10s & 20s, they're still a top six side and someone like that should be winning at least half of their home games against anyone: our record there is not "consistently dire".

11 minutes ago, Code said:

, but the finish from Fernandes was sadly as good as the pass was bad. 

I disagree.  He's a professional footballer kicking a ball under no pressure into an open goal.  You see that kind of thing at the end of every pre-match warm-up.

1 minute ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

I disagree.  He's a professional footballer kicking a ball under no pressure into an open goal.  You see that kind of thing at the end of every pre-match warm-up.

Big difference doing if in an actual game. Regrettably great bit of play from Ratman. Hope he remains their captain though.

8 hours ago, Red Phoenix said:

It might've been better if we'd just gambled and played him. I'm not blaming either of them though, think it's more of a collective issue the team had. The last game there didn't really help our mindset either by the looks of it.

You can't gamble and play him though, because he gets injured every single time we do that. What should have happened is he had a word with his national coach, explained how he has to be managed, so if he was going to play one of two internationals it would be helpful to play the first, because he needs to declare himself unfit for the second game. It was a fucking friendly. But because he played that 2nd international, we couldn't select him against Brighton. Then after that, klopp should have looked forward 1 game and not played him against Sheffield, because if he plays that game, you're putting a kid in away to man united. The way we have to manage konate is completely and utterly unsustainable. 

1 hour ago, Anubis said:

The same people ignoring this are the same people ignoring that Quansah gave away the ball in dangerous areas twice in the first half but on those occasions we were in a position to recover. That alone should have been waning enough to him to play the simple ball. And Kelleher positioned himself to give him that simple ball.

Quansah has been excellent for us. But there have been occasions this season when he seems to believe he’s the finished article and he isn’t. Simple balls. Walk before you run. Hopefully this will teach him he’s not at VVD level yet.

Did you not think it was a simple ball though and he just fucked up? It's not like he was playing something extravagant. Sides are onto the fact he can be careless with his passing though. Brighton last week were funneling us towards him when we came out from defence. He needs to massively improve his concentration and awareness. He might only get that from games, but right now we're in a title run in, it's not a youth training scheme. If konate can't step up, then Gomez needs to get back to centre back. 

9 minutes ago, Code said:

Quansah’s mistake obviously cost us, it was piss poor, but the finish from Fernandes was sadly as good as the pass was bad. 

Its the main reason we drew the game, no ifs or buts about it. It was on par with Van Dijk and Alisson gifting Martinelli a goal at the Emirates. 

The game should have been put to bed before that even happened. The forwards made glaring errors in the double figures. One mistake with 40 minutes to go against a piss poor team, which I will concede was costly, was not the reason we didn't get 3 pts, that falls squarely on composure of the forwards.

• Upvote 2

19 minutes ago, Code said:

Nah, not having it that Quansah’s pass cost us. Down to pathetic decision making in the final third.

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, The wanderer said:

One of those goals was a result of a bit of a dive too. If the rat boy had done that for a penalty for United, we will all be absolutely steaming. 

Just like the steaming pile of shite our forwards delivered in all 3 games against them this season.