You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Ruben Amorim

8 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

The squad is built with playing a back 4 in mind, but not specifically 4-3-3. That's way too limiting.

And we spend 60% - 80% of the time in a back three the majority of games anyway.

If we started playing a back 3, we'd buy a left footed centre back for sure because managers who play a back 3 or 5 are usually pretty obsessed with the passing angles, but really everything else is there.

Which we were already looking for last summer, the only change is you'd probably looking for one less developmental and more ready to start (although you could also look for a 6th that is more developmental if we started using three per game).

Bradley looks like a typical wingback and to be honest, Diaz is probably more of a wingback than forward at this point anyway.

Someone more in the know can correct me but he's used wingers as the more attacking of the two wide players before hasn't he?

11 minutes ago, TD_LFC said:

And we spend 60% - 80% of the time in a back three the majority of games anyway.

Which we were already looking for last summer, the only change is you'd probably looking for one less developmental and more ready to start (although you could also look for a 6th that is more developmental if we started using three per game).

Someone more in the know can correct me but he's used wingers as the more attacking of the two wide players before hasn't he?

I'm not sure about the attacking winger as wingback thing, but let's say he didn't fancy that, you'd have Robbo who is a more classic option. 

2 minutes ago, dave u said:

I knew nothing about him until I opened this thread, but now I hate him and think I prefer De Zerbi, who I also hate.

I don’t think little De Zerbi doing fist pumps does it for me Dave 

16 minutes ago, Le Duan said:

Does there come a point - after all these hipster formations have eaten themselves, that 4-4-2 becomes de rigeur; again?

Stuttgart sold us their captain on the eve of the season, they nearly went down last year as well. They’re now third in the league and usually play a 4-4-2.

8 hours ago, Elite said:

That that Irish bird?

8 hours ago, TheHowieLama said:

I think it was Nivea.

7 hours ago, VERBAL DIARRHEA said:

IMG_3743.jpeg

Schoolboy error on my part.

I don't know a lot about him so took a read through a Sporting forum to see what was being said.

He's very popular and there's lots of references to leadership and charisma which are obviously two big things we'll be losing.

On the flip side, there's several people commented on how little he trusts youth and pretty much ignores their academy. To the extent of naming a full bench of defenders during an attacking injury crisis and not one attacking academy player.

There's a lot of surprise and disappointment that we might want him.

Can't get excited either way on him to be honest. He's as big a gamble as anyone else on the list. Have to see what happens.

• dave u changed the title to Ruben Amorim