You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Michael Edwards Return Confirmed

12 minutes ago, joe_fishfish said:

Sorry Stacksy mate, not seeing any mention of Gakpo, Nunez or Diaz in that article. Or the phrase "manager signings".

As per scruff. 

Maybe I got got by the aggregating but pretty sure Joyce mentions this.

5 hours ago, luxury_scruff said:

They can all fuck off with all this "manager signing" nonsense. Like we'd be ignoring data and all the rest of it. If they mean klopp was the biggest voice in the room. Great. that's how it should be. 

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

They can all fuck off with all this "manager signing" nonsense. Like we'd be ignoring data and all the rest of it. If they mean klopp was the biggest voice in the room. Great. that's how it should be. 

Manager got players he wanted . Oh how badly a run club we are 

• Upvote 1

The only thing that bothers me, mainly because it appears to have been entirely ignored, is that Edwards is now in a role at the club where he simply cannot continue to indulge his Barthesian love of being a shadowy figure. He's now in a role where, whether he likes it or not, there will be times when he will need to be a spokesperson for the club, and he will need to do it really well. All the articles about his second coming happily ignore that fact and simply repeat the childishly indulgent myth about his slippery non-presence. That's not about simple promotion. That's about taking on new responsibilities. It ought to be part of the chatter around him.

3 hours ago, gkmacca said:

The only thing that bothers me, mainly because it appears to have been entirely ignored, is that Edwards is now in a role at the club where he simply cannot continue to indulge his Barthesian love of being a shadowy figure. He's now in a role where, whether he likes it or not, there will be times when he will need to be a spokesperson for the club, and he will need to do it really well. All the articles about his second coming happily ignore that fact and simply repeat the childishly indulgent myth about his slippery non-presence. That's not about simple promotion. That's about taking on new responsibilities. It ought to be part of the chatter around him.

Why? 

He’s replacing Gordon, how often did you hear from Gordon? 

I hope we never hear from any of them as usually the only time we hear from the higher ups is from JWH when the club have either fucked up on ticket prices or fucked over the manager in the transfer window. 

Sign the fucking cheques and shut the fuck up will do me nicely! 

• Upvote 2

On 22/03/2024 at 17:57, lifetime fan said:

Why? 

He’s replacing Gordon, how often did you hear from Gordon? 

I hope we never hear from any of them as usually the only time we hear from the higher ups is from JWH when the club have either fucked up on ticket prices or fucked over the manager in the transfer window. 

Sign the fucking cheques and shut the fuck up will do me nicely! 

Was that because Gordon is a Moron?

I mean Amorim sounds enough like a left field smartest-guy-in-the-room pick already, in that none of the English football media will have heard of him. If he comes in and doesn’t do very well you will hear stuff like “I don’t know why Liverpool have gone with this unknown Portuguese fella, they could have gone with a proven winner” from all the usual idiots. 

While we’re on the subject of unexpected choices I wonder if we’re looking at that Sebastian Hoeness guy at Stuttgart. Has them fourth in the Bundesliga from nearly going down last season and they play some great stuff at times. Ideally wouldn’t be under consideration but I bet his stats look amazing.

26 minutes ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

Employing Hughes who is a huge fan of de Zerbi and tried to get him at Bournemouth may sway us towards him over Armorim, maybe it changes because he's now playing kingmaker at a higher level.

Picking the right guy for Bournemouth or Brighton is a completely different job to that at Liverpool. It's like when Brendan Rodgers was buying bums he'd worked with before like borini and Joe Allen when he joined Liverpool. It doesn't exclude de zerbi from the job, but just because he was top of hughes' pile at Bournemouth shouldn't move him up or down the list here, the list should be completely different, because the criteria of success is different. If Hughes is so dumb to assume his previous research, in a previous job, from over 2 years ago, is enough for here, we'll be a midtable team in 2 years. Because he won't just be making those mistakes with the manager, he'll do it with everyone. I'm hoping Hughes brings absolutely no preconceived ideas with him. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

I know the best predictor of future behaviour is past behaviour, etc. However, I don't think we can go all pins and strings and papers across the wall FBI murder investigation style over what Edwards and Hughes might do based on Bournemouth. As Barry says, he'll be coming in with an open mind to work within a successful team. No need for panic. 

2 hours ago, Chris said:

I know the best predictor of future behaviour is past behaviour, etc. However, I don't think we can go all pins and strings and papers across the wall FBI murder investigation style over what Edwards and Hughes might do based on Bournemouth. As Barry says, he'll be coming in with an open mind to work within a successful team. No need for panic. 

He’s gone from running a Happy Shopper to Harrods, if he’s going to try and buy the same stock he was looking at previously he ain’t gonna be here long. 

5 minutes ago, lifetime fan said:

He’s gone from running a Happy Shopper to Harrods, if he’s going to try and buy the same stock he was looking at previously he ain’t gonna be here long. 

Al Fayed out.

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, lifetime fan said:

Which is why I don't think he'll be here to do that or it's why they've hired him. I think he'll be here because of his methodology and his ability to understand data presented and have the ability to ensure that data translates to a real world requirement. 

1 minute ago, Barrington Womble said:

Which is why I don't think he'll be here to do that or it's why they've hired him. I think he'll be here because of his methodology and his ability to understand data presented and have the ability to ensure that data translates to a real world requirement. 

That’s it 100%. 

He’s been hired because he’s a fucking geek, not because of who he wanted to bring to Bournemouth. 

• Upvote 2

• 2 weeks later...