You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Luton (H) - Wed 21st Feb 2024 (7:30pm)

Trumo

Crikey, who will start? Either we have 1st teamers out through injury or we have to protect players from more than 2 games in a week with a cup final on Sunday. But it's a must win game and Luton are a competitive side who have posed problems for every side including us. 

Kelleher 

Bradley 

Quansah

Van Dijk 

Gomez 

Endo 

McAllister 

Gravenberch 

Diaz

Gakpo

Elliot 

Subs to include Salah of course, Robertson, Konate but mainly kids after that. Koumas, would love to see him given minutes if we need a goal, he's a prospect 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, beejay said:

Crikey, who will start? Either we have 1st teamers out through injury or we have to protect players from more than 2 games in a week with a cup final on Sunday. But it's a must win game and Luton are a competitive side who have posed problems for every side including us. 

Kelleher 

Bradley 

Quansah

Van Dijk 

Gomez 

Endo 

McAllister 

Gravenberch 

Diaz

Gakpo

Elliot 

Subs to include Salah of course, Robertson, Konate but mainly kids after that. Koumas, would love to see him given minutes if we need a goal, he's a prospect 

Don't bank on Salah being there. 

9 hours ago, an tha said:

If we go on and win the league with the amount of injuries to key men we have, it will be an absolutely incredible achievement.

If we go out and beat Luton with the four and a half players we have left, it will be an incredible achievement.

4 hours ago, Jairzinho said:

I said a few months ago it was all set up for Joe Gomez to get his first goal in the UEFA Cup final and for it to be a late winner.

I now think Jay Spearing will clinch the title for us on the final day of the season.

Spearing of Destiny.

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Strontium said:

Unfortunately Spearing is not in the registered PL squad, even though we had ample room available. I suppose putting him in would have been too much of an admission of failure on the club's part.

The fact that he hasn't played top flight football for over 10 years, plus he's still recovering from a life threatening illness may have played a part too.

I wouldn't be surprised if FSG try to get the next manager to include him to save a bit of cash.

New formation considering the fit players looks interesting 

----------------Kelleher 

Bradley-Konate-Virg-Gomez-Robbo-Tsmiskas

-----------------Endo-Mac Callister

---------------Gakpo--Diaz

1 hour ago, Creator Supreme said:

The fact that he hasn't played top flight football for over 10 years, plus he's still recovering from a life threatening illness may have played a part too.

I wouldn't be surprised if FSG try to get the next manager to include him to save a bit of cash.

... and he was shit 10 years ago.

1 hour ago, Lee909 said:

New formation considering the fit players looks interesting 

----------------Kelleher 

Bradley-Konate-Virg-Gomez-Robbo-Tsmiskas

-----------------Endo-Mac Callister

---------------Gakpo--Diaz

That side finishes 8th.....

In the business houses league.

Looking at the terror in some of these posts, I had to check that I hadn't accidentally opened a match thread against Real Madrid or something.

Luton have won two away games this season: Sheffield United and Everton.  They are absolutely awful and even our depleted squad should be beating them.

4 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

Looking at the terror in some of these posts, I had to check that I hadn't accidentally opened a match thread against Real Madrid or something.

Luton have won two away games this season: Sheffield United and Everton.  They are absolutely awful and even our depleted squad should be beating them.

Embarrassing. Fuck knows how they'll cope Sunday

Luton average less than a point away from home this season. We’ll be strong enough tomorrow for the win and it is a huge game to keep our noses in front. 
Concerns over Darwin and Mo but even without them we’d be fielding Gakpo and Diaz with Eliot in attack so not all bad.