You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Luton (H) - Wed 21st Feb 2024 (7:30pm)

Trumo

10 minutes ago, etho said:

You’re genuinely hilarious. Our squad is stronger than most sides look at the options in every area of the pitch. It just has lots of injuries right now and it’s still winning games.

Do you really think Jurgen would stand for not having an elite medical team? He’s personally hired a lot of them.  
But very insightful of you to determine they aren’t very good

Is that the best you can do? So short sighted.

• Downvote 2

What are we putting these 1st and 2nd half displays down to? I think it must be more than Klopp tweaks now.

Are we trying to win games conserving energy as we are still in 4 comps? When that hasn't worked the afterburners come on in the 2nd half. Our pressing has been unreal in 2nd half of games this season.

I'm the last person to take anything away from Klopp and undoubtedly he sees things at ht and tweaks but the difference in pressing in some halves of games this season is night and day. 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Smell The Glove said:

What are we putting these 1st and 2nd half displays down to? I think it must be more than Klopp tweaks now.

Are we trying to win games conserving energy as we are still in 4 comps? When that hasn't worked the afterburners come on in the 2nd half. Our pressing has been unreal in 2nd half of games this season.

I'm the last person to take anything away from Klopp and undoubtedly he sees things at ht and tweaks but the difference in pressing in some halves of games this season is night and day. 

Sometimes the simplest explanation is the right one and it might just be that a stern word + some tactical insights at half time is making the difference. 

1 minute ago, Jordy Brouwer said:

Sometimes the simplest explanation is the right one and it might just be that a stern word + some tactical insights at half time is making the difference. 

You're probably right but just how many times it's happened you would think these 1st half displays would have been addressed.

1 hour ago, El Rojo said:

Danns needs to fill out a little, but he looks massive physically. Great to have a young, central attacker coming through.

In his mind, Danns believes he's making up for lost time this season.

He was ruled out of action for around eight months at U16 level, suffering from the common Osgood-Schlatter's disease, which causes pain in the knee for growing teens.

He details: "In the space of such a short time, I think I went from 5ft 2in to 6ft. I was out for like eight months with Osgood and that was a tough time for me. You're thinking, 'Why's this happening to me?'

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Special K said:

He probably fancies a crack at the Liverpool job

He could be some day, he's getting a lot out of a very limited bunch of players.

Barkley was a training cone at Chelsea's training ground for years and Lakonga was a meme for Arsenal fans; he has them playing like high level Premier League players. 

34 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

In his mind, Danns believes he's making up for lost time this season.

He was ruled out of action for around eight months at U16 level, suffering from the common Osgood-Schlatter's disease, which causes pain in the knee for growing teens.

He details: "In the space of such a short time, I think I went from 5ft 2in to 6ft. I was out for like eight months with Osgood and that was a tough time for me. You're thinking, 'Why's this happening to me?'

Happened to my youngest lad. It was soul destroying for him. He'd play one week, then be out for 3.

16 hours ago, johnsusername said:

The actions of an employee who's handed in his notice. The freedom. The liberation. The weight lifted off the shoulders. He looks rejuvenated.

I though he looked like that before he gave us the bad news. Was convinced the announcement was going to be he was signing an extension 

4 hours ago, Mook said:

I can see why people were upset at half time last night, we were one nil down, had nine first teamers missing and every game has so much riding on it.

What I don't really get the need is to go online & make a complete fanny of yourself. I saw fans of other teams doing it too, just embarrassing for people over the age of about 15 to be going on like that. Just wait until the end of the game to react & try not to make a tit of yourself.

Indeed. There's a huge difference between "That was a shit half; we need to play better" and "Our season ends here".

19 minutes ago, Barnesey said:

I think the difference in our 1st to 2nd half performance is down to the way we sap the energy of opponents. We make them chase the ball until they’re knackered. Then we find more space and score. Ipso facto, QED

I mean it's obvious to us all now it's a thing. It's way past coincidence I think. There is a definite reason why we press the accelerator 2nd half. Whether that's because we conserve energy or they are tired, it's not just magic words from Jurgen. Otherwise we would have had some games put to bed at ht but it never happens that way.