You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Title Race

Under normal conditions Arsenal have three games left where you wouldn’t be surprised if they dropped points, City have one and we have one.

That doesn’t factor in form teams like Villa, or Brighton/Wolves who can turn it on when they feel like it.

Still all to play for.

I'm very worried about Villa. Very good side and as has been said Watkins is one of the best players in the league. Hopefully, they are in a European final and have their eyes on other things. Spurs are a funny one - they can be top class or shite. They could take points off all three of us. West Ham are playing very bad, but the timing is horrible. I think we'll beat the blueshite but it will be a battle. 

City have nasty games. I don't expect them to drop more than 2 points but you never know.

I have Arsenal dropping 2-3 points, but you never know we might get a surprise and they lose more.

It was nice to look more like a decent side yesterday. Not perfect, but a good win against a pretty good side away from home.

32 minutes ago, George Costanza said:

I think they'll batter Spurs, they'll exploit the high line and win comfortably by 2 or 3 goals

Yeah I can't see spurs laying a glove on them and Arsenal just bumming big Anges tactical brains out. Spurs v city on the other hand, I could see City losing that.

7 minutes ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

Yeah I can't see spurs laying a glove on them and Arsenal just bumming big Anges tactical brains out. Spurs v city on the other hand, I could see City losing that.

We may yet need abu dhabi to win that....

Right - so now all the pressure is off, let's hope Anfield can put aside the frustration, disappointment and agg with the club over ticket prices and give Jurgen Klopp the send off he deserves over these last games.

The players too need to get their heads straight and show their gratitude and respect for the man by putting in performances worthy of him.

Everything else for now does not matter - it is all just about marking a true LFC legend, a man who transformed our club and 'delivered what he said' in a manner he so richly deserves.

• Upvote 1

Usually I'd hope arsenal win over city, but it'd be nice for arsenal to get a taste of what we've had for the last few years, and for English footy in general to have had a good long laugh about us, then belatedly realise we were the only thing keeping it from looking like Scottish footy on steds this past few years.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Anubis said:

I wonder if watching an Arsenal team playing at the top of their game being unable to best a City team who aren’t, would wake a few more up. Probably not.

They could conceivably have won another treble this year, all while being under investigation. What's not to love. 

I hope they win the treble next year, and the year after, and the year after that - and everyone goes to watch Marine and fucking Rushden and Diamonds instead and Gary Neville ends up as a judge on Britain's Got Talent. 

• Upvote 3

Just now, Total Longo said:

The scary thing is that *if* City win the league again this year, we are the only thing that has stopped them winning 7 titles on the bounce. 

We'll also likely be the only team to have taken them to the final day in that time.  Without Jürgen Klopp, City would have had 6 years (possibly 7; we'll see) without a meaningful challenge.

Greatest league in the world, innit.

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, kemskem said:

If they had preferred us to win it over the financial dopers I think I’d have preferred Arsenal but they didn’t so I don’t.

Same. I look at it in two ways. 1) Every single trophy City win will be tainted. They know, we know it, everyone knows it. They can pretend it doesn't bother them, but it clearly does 2) Arsenal fans will be absolutely unbearable and think Arteta is at least the equal of Klopp, amongst other things. So based on both of these factors, out of the two, i'd just about prefer the cheats to win.       

• Upvote 1

Love for Arsenal fans to miss out again.

Their cocky fans were getting too comfortable when we were the ones missing out, now the shoe's on the other foot.....let's see how comfortable they really are. Cunts.

As for City. No one gave a fuck about them then, no one gives a fuck about them now. Manufactured club with 115x* against every single trophy they've won in the last 10 years.