You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Arsenal (A) - Sun 4th Feb 2024 (4:30pm)

Trumo

I think for arsenal the giving it the big one comes from the situation they faced yesterday - lose and it is 8 pts off top and pretty much all over. Win and it is just 2 and right back in the thick of it.

I can see why they were elated - but the nature of the celebrations were a bit shite - modern footy striking with its shiteness again...

34 minutes ago, El Rojo said:

A259D88B-A8B6-4DC3-A6CF-D076052E74E7.jpeg

Looks like he's packing a Nikon Z9. Flagship cutting edge tech. If he is, he's gone up in my estimation as an amateur photographer.

Obviously, the smelling themselves when they've not actually won anything is hilarious. So we need to look at that and use it to step up and make sure it stays that way.

• Upvote 1

19 hours ago, HolyHank said:

I'm pissed off now, so probably not fair on the players, but....

Allison is often been hailed on here as world class. Is he fuck. His basics are not good and because of that, he messes up quite regularly. 

Van Dijk is arrogant, which is fine if he could be arsed to do some of the dirty work. Too often he just strolls beside attackers. It is also more clear as he is now considerably slower. 

Trent isn't even trying to defend any more, so put him in midfield or on the bench. 

MacAllister has his moments, but as a def mid against a top team - never in a million years. Sloppy under pressure and gets run over physically. 

And Nunez... Yeah, he is cool. But he is not a top class striker. About as cool as a new brewed cup of tea. 

This can be the night we lost the league. 

And btw... Taylor fucked us again. 

Boring. Fuck off and support your favourite fifa player or something. Clueless cunt.

• Upvote 2

33 minutes ago, an tha said:

I think for arsenal the giving it the big one comes from the situation they faced yesterday - lose and it is 8 pts off top and pretty much all over. Win and it is just 2 and right back in the thick of it.

I can see why they were elated - but the nature of the celebrations were a bit shite - modern footy striking with its shiteness again...

I've no issue with anyone celebrating. But it's February and they were cup final level celebrations. Fuck them, the massive cunts. 

11 minutes ago, Babb'sBurstNad said:

Ben White beats them both in the bellend stakes for me. He has the beard and bravado of an amateur magician who thinks he can handle himself. 100 carrot cunt.

I'm still at a loss to why klopp didn't get Nunez on to run at this prick when he was on a yellow. White is petrified of Nunez. I think I'm more annoyed about that than the goals we gave away yesterday. 

2 hours ago, Barrington Womble said:

I thought the 2nd yellow was clear enough. I'd have been amazed if that wasn't a yellow card. the first is not as clear as they're tugging each other. It's barely a foul for me. 

as for that 3rd goal. You can't blame that on vvd. We're down to 10 men, and Elliot gets beaten like that? It was embarrassing stuff. Vvd can't get over there. The 2nd goal is rightly on him, but the 3rd goal, it's just a combination of us being a man down, chasing the game and Elliot being the most defensively weak player in our squad. 

I just watched both incidents again and I disagree mate. 

Still cannot accept Konate's 2nd yellow, I just don't know what Konate could have done there. VVD was jogging casually, he should have done much more than he did there, despite the embarrassment from both Elliott & Diaz.

1 minute ago, Barrington Womble said:

I'm still at a loss to why klopp didn't get Nunez on to run at this prick when he was on a yellow. White is petrified of Nunez. I think I'm more annoyed about that than the goals we gave away yesterday. 

Exactly. I was saying the same to my mate yesterday, their WHOLE backline was on a yellow, with the weakest link being White and we did nothing to draw a foul from him. The lack of game intelligence and cynical thinking was piss poor. 

15 minutes ago, Carra_is_legend said:

I just watched both incidents again and I disagree mate. 

Still cannot accept Konate's 2nd yellow, I just don't know what Konate could have done there. VVD was jogging casually, he should have done much more than he did there, despite the embarrassment from both Elliott & Diaz.

When konate out his arms up, it was always going to be 100% yellow. That's how they judge them. So if he'd just let him run into him, it might not even be a foul, because he's under no obligation to get out of the way. But as soon as he involved his arms and being where it was on the pitch, for me 100% yellow. 

We'll have to agree to disagree about vvd. I don't think that's casual jogging. I just think he's a cool cunt who looks casual even when he's not. 

TBFH im fine with Arsenal smelling themselves, it's that kinda stuff that breeds complacency and they have a nice away at West Ham next weekend which they should win, with luck they'll still be smelling themselves badly enough they have a nice slip up to bring them back to reality.

19 minutes ago, Reckoner said:

Just seen Lego head doing the Klopp punches at the end of the game. Embarrassing.

They copy our songs and Arteta copies Jurgen.  But they’ll win fuck all.