You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Featured: That was the Week that Was (Jan 15-19 2024)

image.jpeg

Monday Jan 15:

Seems like all our kids are being recalled from loan this month. Beck was needed here, but Carvalho, Williams, Phillips (not a kid, but the point stands), Koumetio and probably others have been called back. Chambers has been sent out to Wigan now that Beck has come back, but we probably need to look a bit more closely at where we’re sending these lads as for the most part it’s like we’re wasting everyone’s time. Tyler Morton is doing well at Hull though, and he did well at Blackburn last year too. He’s a rare success story.

Balagizi was another one we called back, I almost forgot about him. Ramsay as well. Fucking hell, this is turning into a long list.

Meanwhile, Everton are in trouble again. Another charge and from what I can tell it’s basically the same as the last one. Even the time period is similar. I don’t really understand this one fully as I haven’t looked that deeply into it, but it seems that it’s a three year rolling period that includes two of the years they’ve already been docked ten points for. I can’t be arsed wasting time reading up on it this time as I wasted far too much time and energy looking into the last one. The rules are there, everyone knows what they are and Everton have put in accounts that put them in breach of the rules. The case is open and shut again so presumably they’ll get punished again.

Have to say, as giddy as I’ve always been about the prospect of them going down, this is doing nothing for me. I don’t have sympathy for them, this mess is entirely of their own making, but I’m getting no real pleasure from it either. Another 10 point deduction might get them relegated but not if Forest also get one. That would be the most Everton thing ever, getting deducted 20 points but still finishing 17th.

The reason it’s doing nothing for me though is that all I can think of is that City are still just carrying on regardless, while teams who have done nothing even remotely as bad are sweating about having points deducted. Everton and Forest will deserve whatever comes their way, but it fucking stinks that because City have cheated to such an incredible extent, they get to wait years before having to answer charges. I know why it takes time, but that doesn’t make it any easier to stomach.

I said on the forum that Everton are shoplifters and City are serial killers, but it’s easier to prosecute the shoplifter. Doesn’t make it any more palatable though does it. Those cunts are probably going to pip us to yet another league title while this drags on. It’s not right, and when they do get punished anything less than every title they have being stripped is not acceptable. I’ll keep saying it, but the only punishment that is appropriate is one that makes them think “wow, it wasn’t worth it”. Otherwise what’s the point? Even a severe sanction means fuck all if at the end of it City think “yeah if we could do it over we wouldn’t change a thing”.

Forest’s beef seems to be that they would have been under the allowable loss if they’d sold Brennan Johnson in June, but they didn’t do it then because they knew they’d get considerably more money if they sold in August when clubs were more desperate. Tough shit, you don’t get to pick and choose. Maybe don’t spend money if you know you’re sailing close to the wind? They bought about 30 fucking players in their first summer back in the top flight. If you can’t do that within the rules then don’t do it. Look at Wolves, they knew they were in trouble so they sold Neves and stopped buying new players. Their manager quit over it, but guess what, they came in under the number and aren’t getting docked any points.

Do you know what the funniest thing about all this is though? Today is “Blue Monday”.

View full article

1 hour ago, Code said:

I think there might be something missing at the end, or are we supposed to guess what that Twitter stuff is?

And nothing happened on Saturday ? Corruption …

• Upvote 1

Said similar on twitter dock them 20 that stays and carries forward to next season. That won't relegate them but fucks them up. Should be instant you start refusing to cooperate then they can bring the irrefutable lies, sorry evidence and we can get going. PL weak.