You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Gravenberch

Bjornebye

Not writing Endo off for a second. All the signs are pointing towards a cult hero.  Two players for every position is usually fine but football is too demanding now to only have six midfielders. 

Szoboszlai - Elliot

Mac Allister - Gravenberch

Endo/Andre

Throw in Curtis, who’s arguably in the best XI at the minute, then there’s Bajcetic and not much else. No point counting Thiago, he’ll only play for us a few more times before he’s gone next year. Bajcetic is still almost totally unproven so I’d be looking to replace Thiago’s place in the squad with another CM next summer even with Andre on board.  

• 1 month later...

I didn't enjoy gravenberch's performance today. He spent too much time throwing his arms in the air moaning and he's consistently blowing out of his arse by 60 mins. His work rate 2nd half was just awful. He needs to improve his fitness and learn a little humility and realise even when you're playing teams like Fulham, you have to fight for your win. 

9 hours ago, Barrington Womble said:

I didn't enjoy gravenberch's performance today. He spent too much time throwing his arms in the air moaning and he's consistently blowing out of his arse by 60 mins. His work rate 2nd half was just awful. He needs to improve his fitness and learn a little humility and realise even when you're playing teams like Fulham, you have to fight for your win. 

My main observation today was on his passing. About 4 or 5 times he had the ball and had a simple passing option where putting the ball in front of one of our players would either create a chance or open up space in attack.

Each time his played it underhit and behind the man attempting to play to feet. It was such a basic thing to get wrong so often.

4 hours ago, Turkish Delight said:

My main observation today was on his passing. About 4 or 5 times he had the ball and had a simple passing option where putting the ball in front of one of our players would either create a chance or open up space in attack.

Each time his played it underhit and behind the man attempting to play to feet. It was such a basic thing to get wrong so often.

I don't think he was unique in that to be honest. I thought as a team our passing was poor and mostly unforced errors. Players have bad days, but it's how you get through it for me. Most of the lads out there showed the right attitude, even if they lacked the correct application on the day. I just couldn't be doing with the number of times he was just stood throwing his arms around while the game went the other way. That coupled with his clear.issue with fitness really concerns me. Maybe his fitness is so off it, we have to just accept it for what it is this season and he has to be managed. But when he's on the pitch for his 60 mins or whatever, he needs to ensure he contributes throughout and not spend time crying and standing still every time something doesn't go his way. 

I also think in terms of our rhythm, that break for Leno to get treatment I don't think helped us - that was more than 6 minutes. It was fucking freezing out there and I think we'd come out looking quite sharp, but we were never quite the same after that break. 

3 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

I also think in terms of our rhythm, that break for Leno to get treatment I don't think helped us - that was more than 6 minutes. It was fucking freezing out there and I think we'd come out looking quite sharp, but we were never quite the same after that break. 

Same for the crowd.  The atmosphere was really good until then and didn't warm up again until towards the end.

• Upvote 1