You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Tottenham (A) - Sat 30th Sep 2023 (5:30pm)

Trumo

4 minutes ago, The Midnight Rambler said:

Our boy Darren was part of a refereeing team, with Michael Oliver in the Middle East on Thursday. Refereeing an exhibition game. Nice work if you can get it.

where abouts?  I'm guessing they were paid so if its UAE or Saudi then they will have been indirectly paid by the owners of either Man City or Newcastle.  That's not dodgy at all

12 minutes ago, Red74 said:

You seen how complicit the written media are with these cunts after how quickly they closed ranks behind that fat juice head who elbowed robbo last season. Everyone of them all fell into line that next morning and all followed the same story making it impossible for us to take it further with the powers that be. If I was robbo id have sued the cunt for assault.

They sit there sneering at the corruption in the foreign leagues yet the Italians, Spanish & Turks have recently gone after their own while our shitbags have sat on bombshells dating back to skys influence with the prem and utd to save their own money making careers. 

Spot on

This actually makes no sense...

Former England striker Alan Shearer described VAR's error as "incomprehensible" on BBC Match of the Day.

"The one bit of VAR we have accepted and learnt we can't argue about was offside," he said.

"This will put so much doubt into decisions that go on. It is a monumental error, we spotted it straight away.

"We are led to believe Darren England, the VAR, and Daniel Cook, the assistant VAR, have done all they should have done in terms of drawing lines but, instead of saying 'goal' for some reason had a huge lapse and said 'check complete'.

The graphic shown on tv did not have the lines or the green or red onside or offside highlighted - so how can they have a 'check complete' situation.

This has to be a watershed moment and just can't be brushed under the carpet and covered up with some half arsed 'there was a mistake' statement ....

We have lost league titles by a point in recent years - every point matters and we've been robbed today by unacceptable at best total incompetence and at worst deliberate failure to do what should have been done.

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, George Costanza said:

so potentially PL officials could be being paid by Man City owners for an exhibition match. No conflict of interest there no sir.

How the fuck is this allowed....as you say it has to be conflict of interest stuff when PL officials are off working for and being paid by the people who own PL clubs.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, an tha said:

How the fuck is this allowed....as you say it has to be conflict of interest stuff when PL officials are off working for and being paid by the people who own PL clubs.

When you have the government intervening to allow PIF to buy Newcastle you know that the system is corrupt and money overrules everything

Didn’t see much of the game today, unfortunately. Did see Jota booked first for something that was an accident, the slightest, unmeant touch, then again minutes later for being rash and, even though minimal contact was made at best, giving the referee the easiest of excuses to send him off.

Silly, and disappointing, given Jones was already dismissed, but I didn’t see that one to be fair.

Neither did I see the Diaz “goal” or the apparent farce of a performance from the officials in disallowing it.

Didn’t see Klopp’s after match comments either, but what I have seen is, on here, sufficient ire and frustration from enough posters I’d regard as trustworthy, to believe that we were stitched up and yet almost, almost, still got a point that no other team would have been close to getting, and I include City in that.

It’s getting too coincidental now though, isn’t it?
Happening too many times we’re on the wrong end of shit.

What to do about it though is a problem. I’ve pointed out in other posts that we can compile dossiers proving it’s not coincidence that we lose many decisive decisions, if the proof is there of course, but the issue is that once you start down the road of officially accusing the PGMOL, or the PL or whoever, you have to take it all the way or you’ll be forever the targets and you’ll get even more royally stitched up.

But can this be allowed to continue?
That’s for the Club to decide, all we can do is back the club whatever. As usual.

For everything else, there’s Everton.

• Like 1

This bullshit explanation knocking about, that apparently the VAR thought the goal had been given so there was nothing to correct? Pull the other one. A likely story that has so many holes in it's hard to believe that's the best they could come up with.

But IF that's true why did they do nothing to rectify it? What was stopping the referee from going to both managers to explain what had happened and asking for Spurs to allow Liverpool to walk the ball into the net thus reinstating a legitimate goal? We've seen similar happen many times in football yet today, apparently, the officials didn't even try to correct such an egregious error did they?

Such bullshit.

• Upvote 2

It does not hold up as a story either....if he thought the onfield decision was a goal then why wasn't the check showing "checking goal possible offside"....

It was saying this - clearly showing VAR understood goal had been disallowed onfield...

F7TmetbXwAA5ihK?format=jpg&name=large

It would say this if they thought it had been given....

F7TmetaXEAA1bw_?format=jpg&name=large

• Upvote 7

7 minutes ago, an tha said:

It does not hold up as a story either....if he thought the onfield decision was a goal then why wasn't the check showing "checking goal possible offside"....

It was saying this - clearly showing VAR understood goal had been disallowed onfield...

F7TmetbXwAA5ihK?format=jpg&name=large

It would say this if they thought it had been given....

F7TmetaXEAA1bw_?format=jpg&name=large

Because it was human error, that's what they'll say.  It's a catch all because human error is something everyone can relate to.

I don't believe this concoction anyway but even if it is true, like I say, there was nothing stopping them from attempting to correct the decision. They did nothing.

This story does not wash on any level.

6 minutes ago, Moo said:

Because it was human error, that's what they'll say.  It's a catch all because human error is something everyone can relate to.

I don't believe this concoction anyway but even if it is true, like I say, there was nothing stopping them from attempting to correct the decision. They did nothing.

This story does not wash on any level.

It does not wash.

Plus they've clearly shown the understanding was the on field decision was goal not given.....and they would have seen lino flag, our players not celebrate etc.

Total bollocks and they can't get away with this - they of course will....

2 hours ago, The Midnight Rambler said:

Our boy Darren was part of a refereeing team, with Michael Oliver in the Middle East on Thursday. Refereeing an exhibition game. Nice work if you can get it.

Jetlag / hangover.

But still, a great time was had by all.

This is bullshit. As others have said above, there are two of them (at least) sat watching the game. It was clear from a) the linesman’s raised flag, and b) Diaz’s non-celebration that it hadn’t been given. And they did not draw lines as we were all watching it on Sky. And their lack of any message on the video feed we were all watching. This is bullshit.

They have to release the audio feed. And I bet if they were forced to it’s likely it would go missing.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Moo said:

It's a catch all because human error is something everyone can relate to.

It is and the dehumanization of "the VAR" is another part of the problem.

The VAR did this or that -- these are fellas who cack it up on a regular basis. 

Eight weeks in and there has been an apology every other week.

Another gauling fact is that jotas first yellow was caused by the defender kicking his own leg. Yes, he was thick in making the 2nd tackle, but that should've been his first.

All this will be lost in the furore over Diaz disallowed goal and Jones sending off. It's a scandalous decision.

1 hour ago, an tha said:

It does not wash.

Plus they've clearly shown the understanding was the on field decision was goal not given.....and they would have seen lino flag, our players not celebrate etc.

Total bollocks and they can't get away with this - they of course will....

Yeah lying as well as incompetent.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Jennings said:

I believe it was an error, but the fact that people are uncertain now shows the very fabric of  Premier League's ability to officiate matches fairly, has been destroyed.

I believe it was clear bias against us.

No human makes such an error, let alone a trained professional. 

• Upvote 2