You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Anyone else REALLY missing the footy?

Section_31

Surprised how much I've been missing it given how shite the season was in more ways than one.

Maybe because we've had two international tournaments very close together plus the post Covid pent up desire to catch up on what we'd missed with crowds and all the rest of it and this feels like a real dead zone, but this feels like a six-month-long Christmas day. 

I need Boxing Day. And I need it now.

• Upvote 1

Couldn’t wait for the season to

end to be honest but I’m missing it now. Ashes has been a decent distraction and Wimbledon’s been ok. The Open is on next week but ….. nothing compares to the football. I found out my birds name a few days ago. “Geoff” was a bit of a shock to be fair. 

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, TheBitch said:

Just to confirm Stackys thoughts. 

Nah, it’s shite. 

Fuck VAR, fuck the handball rule, fuck the offside rule. Fuck City. 

The sport and the games themselves are great, but yeah, there's loads of stuff surrounding it that is horrendous.

After the clusterfuck that was last season just wanted a good break from it all - but as usual because it is just in you it does not take long before start wanting it back.

The game is an ugly cesspit, full of shithouses and driven by extreme greed and self interest and sometimes knowing those facts has a wearing affect - but I love Liverpool Football Club, it is for better or worse one of the most important things in my life and even the absolute fucking shitshow that football has become and the very real sad fact of how much worse it is about to get, does not dim that love and it is that love that keeps me in the shitshow the game is.

• Upvote 2

No, not at all really. Modern football, and City especially, have just killed any sense of illusion or hope. I think, in fact, my interest and love of English football is actually decreasing more rapidly than that of football overall. More down to the coverage than the actual games. 

They're just all cunts. The commentators, the presenters, the YouTube channel nonces, those twats producing programmes on Sky Sports where they compare Instagram banter or FIFA ratings, agents, football "journalism" from tabloid style hackery to the buried up its own shitpipe stuff from The Athletic. Most fans, Paddy Power and its (and the like's) influence on said fans. Club owners - and the people who support them, most managers, most players. Referees, anyone associated with VAR. 

Every single aspect of the game is shit. Which is a bit sad, really. 

I like Jurgen, James Richardson, and some of the threads and those who contributed to them on here. Everything and everyone else associated with the game can get fucked.

• Upvote 8

Like most everyone else, I was desperate for it to be over, and if there was the offer of packing it all away and never taking it out again, I'd have been 100% behind it.

But it's amazing what a couple of shiny signings can do.  I honestly thought there'd be NO new signings.  We have actually got TWO - which I find incredible.

I don't involve myself with social media football banter or watching those twenty-something pretend-cockney lads in skinny jeans that host banter / endless opinion programmes (I've seen clips, so I know of their existence).  That probably would kill it all off for good.  Jairz, you need to just avoid all that - life's a bit better.

So, because I want to see these two new lads play for Liverpool, yes, I want the season to start.

Dreading the start of the season. 

It feels like we are done with significant incomings. If any more come in they will be younger projects or bargains at the end of the window. 

Arsenal have recruited significantly better for our problems than we have and they didnt have our problems. They will be miles ahead of us. 

• Downvote 1

40 minutes ago, razor said:

Jairz, you need to just avoid all that - life's a bit better.

Oh, I do. But I still know it exists. I still know that is what football is now. To be honest, it's a gripe with modern life more than modern football. The problems and general shitness of football are often a turbo charged version of those in wider society.

Although cricket will inevitably go the same way within a decade, and is already beginning to, the coverage of the Ashes has been chalk and cheese.  Intelligent articles, genuinely funny podcasts, great commentators and pundits during the games, etc, etc. It just feels like the entire experience isn't aimed exclusively at complete fucking imbeciles.

In fact, "The Hundred" is the closest thing to modern football, and it's been rejected far more than they expected. 

• Upvote 1

Nope. 
Been busy going to concerts, to the cinema, having long bike rides, spending time with mates not seen since before the pandemic and generally not worrying about football at all.  

• Upvote 1

I'm really enjoying the break to be honest. The friendlies will be back soon and I am probably not going to watch them as I want to enjoy the break a bit more. By the time the season starts I'll be ready for it, but right now I want the sunshine to come back and enjoy a longer summer. Football and all its various forms of corruption can wait a bit longer. 

• Upvote 2