You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Should we sign him?   

173 members have voted

1. 1. Should we sign him?

It's funny when everyone wants to get rid I have to say he should probably stay, but I think he should probably stay. 

Salah is already going (hopefully) so we'll be changing something anyway and I just don't think we should sell low here.

Of course, if it happens he wants to go, he can for sure fuck off.

Just now, 3 Stacks said:

It's funny when everyone wants to get rid I have to say he should probably stay, but I think he should probably stay. 

Salah is already going (hopefully) so we'll be changing something anyway and I just don't think we should sell low here.

In my mind it's that balance of fucking off enough players to hire players to improve the team while also not fucking off so many players it's too much change at once, as you say if we bin off Salah this summer I think he should probably stay, gives the new manager a chance to see if he can make anything of him I guess.

25 minutes ago, Joey8FrogsLegs said:

He’s off form, like the rest of the team. 

He’s shown plenty of quality, but the finishing has not been good enough, and has gotten worse of late.

Needs to improve obviously, and as one of his fans I have no problem admitting that I’m starting to doubt if his finishing will ever be good enough. We’ll see next season probably.

Some of the comments on here however are just laughable, at least opposing fans would find it amusing. The kind of stuff we ridicule the Bloos for.

I admire your optimism mate.

For what it's worth, do you think there's still a chance that the Titanic might make it to New York? 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4

6 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

Reckon you could cobble together an off brand replica of Mane/Salah and Firmino from the lower half of the prem/championship that would look more functional.

I think we wont sell this summer as Mo will leave because of age/wages and Saudis desperate for him sadly Darwin not good enough for team that apparently is chasing a title will be interesting if Slot can get him going but i wouldnt put money on it

6 minutes ago, TD_LFC said:

Reckon you could cobble together an off brand replica of Mane/Salah and Firmino from the lower half of the prem/championship that would look more functional.

That is ultimately the problem. We have to form a coherent attack around the prime age morons we have but it's hard because they are morons. The last 2 years it's been mostly Salah and Darwin exchanging passes to eachother, Diaz running down blind alleys and the other 2 score off the bench sometimes. There's been no attempt at building anything except to have 5 players that can threaten the goal, so sometimes they will tire other teams out.

The ones we keep, we have to get profiles that complement them and actually build something.

It looked slightly better with Diaz, Gakpo and Jota. It was at least mobile and slightly less thick. 

But obviously Jota's legs are made of custard cremes and the other two drift in an out of form. 

What type of forwards does this Slot fella like? Thick as shit and dreadful at finishing? 

1 minute ago, Lee909 said:

We will loan him to Napoli next year and pay 50% of his wages, and they wont use the buy out at the end of it

They'll play him about 15 times, mostly off the bench. 

Italian fans would give up on him about 20 minutes into his first game. 

36 minutes ago, Joey8FrogsLegs said:

He’s off form, like the rest of the team. 

He’s shown plenty of quality, but the finishing has not been good enough, and has gotten worse of late.

Needs to improve obviously, and as one of his fans I have no problem admitting that I’m starting to doubt if his finishing will ever be good enough. We’ll see next season probably.

Some of the comments on here however are just laughable, at least opposing fans would find it amusing. The kind of stuff we ridicule the Bloos for.

For a number 9 that would be bad enough were that his only failing, but it's more than that. He doesn't have plenty of quality, he lacks composure, can't remember the offside rule, offers little outside of the box, makes daft runs  and has the touch of a rapist with Parkinsons disease.

Running around a lot and showing passion might earn you cult hero status as a sub at a middling club, but we should be expecting much more.

Can anyone even say he's an upgrade on Origi?

Just now, Lee909 said:

We will loan him to Napoli next year and pay 50% of his wages, and they wont use the buy out at the end of it

He'll end up playing his career out at Torino or Celta Vigo or some other southern Europe mid table team, scoring 15 goals in 70 games.

Might have a loan stint at a mid/lower premier league team like wolves or west ham before that though. He'll score and get sent off in his first game and that will be as exciting as it gets. He'll end the season with 6 goals, mostly as a sub.

Just now, Jack the Sipper said:

For a number 9 that would be bad enough were that his only failing, but it's more than that. He doesn't have plenty of quality, he lacks composure, can't remember the offside rule, offers little outside of the box, makes daft runs  and has the touch of a rapist with Parkinsons disease.

Running around a lot and showing passion might earn you cult hero status as a sub at a middling club, but we should be expecting much more.

Can anyone even say he's an upgrade on Origi?

Considering Origi was one of our greatest ever players, no 

I’ve said to my mates all season, he will cost you in the big moments. And unfortunately that’s exactly what has happened. You just can’t have your main striker miss the chances he misses and then expect to compete for the big trophies. Anyone who tries to argue that you can is so far down the rabbit hole that they’ll resurface in Australia.

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, Jairzinho said:

They'll play him about 15 times, mostly off the bench. 

Italian fans would give up on him about 20 minutes into his first game. 

Scenes as Nunez tries to escape Napoli after missing a last min pen vs Juventus

He needs replacing as our "main" striker. 

I know people will say we don't really have a main striker but if you pay £65m+ and give him the number 9, then he's your main striker. If we can get back anything like what we paid for him (say £45-50m) then I'd sell him. But I can't see that happening so I'd keep him rather than sell for peanuts. We can't rely on him in the big or small moments and he's let us and himself down recently, but he can still be a really useful player if he's willing to accept a reduced place in the squad.