You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

All this and we end up with only the League Cup.

rb14

I'm just thinking about that scenario. It's amazing what we've achieved, how this club has returned to consistently competing at the absolute pinnacle of football, without some repellant oligarch or sportswashing nation poisoning us. 

I sooooo hope this team ends up with more than one poxy trophy. Two would be great. Three would be extraordinary. Four would be beyond words. 

• Downvote 2

Obviously supporters will get excited as the opposite scenario is historic.

But realistically, winning the league with the deficit we had is unrealistic and cup finals are one off games where anything can go wrong. It is what it is, the margins are small. 

If we only win the League Cup, the only thing to be disappointed about as a collective is that our league season wasn't as consistent as it should have been. If some players don't step up in the finals though, they will probably have to face criticism.

The league has gone. We had about a 5% chance before the Spurs game, that is as good as zero now.

As much as I want to win the FA cup, from here the real disappointment is if we don't win the European Cup final. 

Still fancy us to do the cup treble which obviously would represent an amazing season.

• Upvote 1

It’s the European Cup final, they’re Real Madrid and they’ve won 13 of the bastards. Even though Caramac’s gifs and some Match of the Day highlights, back in September, are all I’ve seen of us this season, I’m absolutely shitting my pants.

• Upvote 1

Too much negativity for my liking.

I'm not giving up on anything until it's absolutely certain it can't be done.

Optimistic? maybe, but Newcastle might get a result. If they don't there's still football to be played.

Stranger things have happened.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Harry's Lad said:

Too much negativity for my liking.

I'm not giving up on anything until it's absolutely certain it can't be done.

Optimistic? maybe, but Newcastle might get a result. If they don't there's still football to be played.

Stranger things have happened.

Indeed. 

This team, this manager and his staff deserve more than they have won so far.

We all know of course why they haven't won more and how much that rankles...

However - i personally really wanted league this season - this team, this manager and his staff and us as fans missed out on a proper trophy lift, celebration and parade in 2020 and they and we fucking deserve all that - will be gutted if as looks likely we miss out.

But what an effort....needing to pretty much win 18 games straight in league including away at the cheats whilst going all the way in the other competitions is/was an unreal ask....and as unreal as it is, and likely a step too far, we are still not dead.

The European Cup Final is huge and what a thing winning number 7 would be, its a toss of a coin job IMHO who wins...same as FA Cup Final...I make us favourites for both, but both are tough tough games. Hopefully we go into both with a fully fit squad...

What a pair of games/occasions to look forward to and be a part of.

We should be so fucking proud of this team, doing what it is, up against cheating nomarks too who have set bar to previously unseen levels to even challenge for leagues....It still stuns me that we finished 2nd with 97 pts a few years back.....How the fuck is that even possible!! Crazy.

Someone elsewhere posted this scenario for league....far fetched? Yes.....Impossible? No.

Imagine if this played out!

City 3 Newcastle 0

Villa 1 Liverpool 2
Wolves 1 City 2

Southampton 0 Liverpool 2
West Ham 2 City 1

Liverpool 2 Wolves 0
 City 3 Aston Villa 0

End result

Play off final at the the emirates (Wembley is booked for argentina game white hart lane has guns and roses )Wednesday June the 1st

Liverpool 92 points gs 93 gc 24 gd plus 69
City 92 points gs 93 Gc 24 Gd plus 69

We'll get what we get, whether that's one cup, two, three, or four if the football god's give us some major luck. 

Regardless, the journey we've had has been immense and we've got this for a few years more. These boys and Kloppo and Co have made me fall in love with football again. We've had unforgettable moments, stocked up the trophy cabinet and put our clubs name slap bang in the middle of the table again.

It's fucking boss to be a red.

Enjoy it while it lasts boys, it's fucking miserable everywhere else.

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, JagSquared said:

Regardless how this season pans out it’s been a brilliant ride. I want this team and manager to win more because they deserve the recognition but nothing is over until it really is. 

This all day long. The «demanding customer attitude» a growing portion of our followers show makes me sick. I realize it’s probably only natural, due to our the ridiculous amount of money the players are paid, our global fanbase and also the success we’ve had the last few years.

I’m old fashioned probably, but I miss the days when our followers were supporters, not spoilt brat consumers.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Tony Moanero said:

It’s the European Cup final, they’re Real Madrid and they’ve won 13 of the bastards. Even though Caramac’s gifs and some Match of the Day highlights, back in September, are all I’ve seen of us this season, I’m absolutely shitting my pants.

About 5 of those 13 titles were won without English teams in the competition. Gives me some hope at least. Get you custard creams at the ready Tony,it's going to be a helluva ride.