You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Russia v Ukraine

Bjornebye

6 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

Their are numerous accounts showing his past, it's not a secret and the newspaper where the report comes from I'd the oldest in Ukraine.

1 minute ago, Gnasher said:

Sorry? What does this mean? 

Just helping the pedants along in the thread.

10 minutes ago, SasaS said:

Is he actually a proper neo-Nazi, and is his battalio  a neo-Nazi battalion, or you just take what you read from some Serbian Twiitter account at face value? Did you research it further?

Here's another character reference for John Boy Walton

5 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

Their are numerous accounts showing his past, it's not a secret and the newspaper where the report comes from I'd the oldest in Ukraine.

What report, what numerous accounts? I'm pretty certain you just heard of him for the first time five minutes ago. 

3 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

Why?? Who gives a shit about the British army?

Well you said they are in every army. Its neither here nor there anyway.

I just found it strange Zelensky could promote someone from the far right considering the publicity, if true.

I understand the psychology of why we're all engaging with Gnasher here, as if he were a reasonable person just looking for evidence to make a decision, but the truth is it's a total waste of time.

He's decided that Ukrainian Nazis play a major role in the conflict that's happening, rather than recognizing this is a Putinist propaganda point, and there will be no backing down from that simple point. It doesn't matter how simply you explain it - he doesn't want to be proven wrong, and therefore he won't.

The only question now is how long we're all going to argue with him before throwing up our hands and just walking away. I would suggest for your own mental health that all of you get to that point sooner rather than later.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 12

3 minutes ago, Ne Moe Imya said:

I understand the psychology of why we're all engaging with Gnasher here, as if he were a reasonable person just looking for evidence to make a decision, but the truth is it's a total waste of time.

He's decided that Ukrainian Nazis play a major role in the conflict that's happening, rather than recognizing this is a Putinist propaganda point, and there will be no backing down from that simple point. It doesn't matter how simply you explain it - he doesn't want to be proven wrong, and therefore he won't.

The only question now is how long we're all going to argue with him before throwing up our hands and just walking away. I would suggest for your own mental health that all of you get to that point sooner rather than later.

This site has an ignore button, you're free to use it. Anyway that's my last comment on the far right in Ukraine and Russia.

Russian businessman places $1m bounty on Vladimir Putin’s head (msn.com)

A Russian businessman has placed a $1m bounty on Vladimir Putin’s head and urged the country’s military officers to bring the president to justice.

Entrepreneur Alex Konanykhin made the promise in a post on social media site LinkedIn and called it his “moral duty” to take action and help Ukraine following the unprovoked attack.

“I promise to pay $1,000,000 to the officer(s) who, complying with their constitutional duty, arrest(s) Putin as a war criminal under Russian and international laws,” wrote Mr Konanykhin.

“Putin is not the Russian president as he came to power as the result of a special operation of blowing up apartment buildings in Russia, then violated the Constitution by eliminating free elections and murdering his opponents.”

His post included a photo of Mr Putin, with the caption, “Wanted: Dead or alive. Vladimir Putin for mass murder.”

And he added: “As an ethnic Russian and a Russia citizen, I see it as my moral duty to facilitate the denazification of Russia. I will continue my assistance to Ukraine in its heroic efforts to withstand the onslaught of Putin’s Orda.”

The word "Orda" is Russian for "horde".

Mr Konanykhin has a complicated history with the Russian government, and in 1996 was arrested while living in the US after Russian authorities claimed he had embezzled $8m from the Russian Exchange Bank.

FBI agents testified that the Russian mafia had taken out a contract on Mr Konanykhin, and the case was settled and he was granted political asylum.

His asylum was revoked several years later, but his deportation was eventually cancelled by US District Judge T S Ellis, who overruled it, who said that a decision to return him to Moscow “stinks”.

Mr Konanykhin’s reference to blowing up buildings relates to a conspiracy theory that the Russian intelligence service, the FSB – which Mr Putin was head of from 1998 to 1999 – was responsible for explosions in four apartment blocks in 1999 which killed about 300 people. The attacks, blamed on Chechen terrorists, helped spark the Second Chechen War, which itself helped consolidate Mr Putin’s popularity in Russia. He became prime minr in 1999 and was named acting president on the last day of the year, subsequently being elected to a full term the following March.

The theory was expounded among others by former FSB officer Alexander Litvinenko, who was assassinated in London in 2006 – apparently by Russian agents – using the radioactive isotope polonium-21.

6 hours ago, Ne Moe Imya said:

Thanks. Took me to about 1am to realise that. At least I tried.

The bottom line is that Putin is a piece of shit dictator, who recently changed the Russian constitution in order to stay in power to 2036. He stopped the Ukraine forming closer ties with the EU in 2014 and has had a hard on for years to bring the whole country under Russian control. He’s beloved of Trumpists and right wing neo-libertarian conspiracy dickwhads. He has had political opponents suppressed, jailed and murdered and he’s now invaded an independent country in case they decide their economic future lies elsewhere.  Regardless of our own shitty history in empire building, he’s the fucker this time. 

• Upvote 1

When you look at what the dumb shit is doing to Ukraine, nuclear weapons don't seem like much of a threat from him because his military levels cities anyway.

"Let us flatten your city of we'll flatten your city."

These cunts all need the Nuremberg treatment.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Anubis said:

Just babies for fucks sake, confirmation (not that it was needed) that Putin has returned Russia to being a police state, fucking pathetic!

17 minutes ago, Creator Supreme said:

Just babies for fucks sake, confirmation (not that it was needed) that Putin has returned Russia to being a police state, fucking pathetic!

Bloody Hitler Youth laying flowers.

1 hour ago, bossy said:

The bottom line is that Putin is a piece of shit dictator, who recently changed the Russian constitution in order to stay in power to 2036. He stopped the Ukraine forming closer ties with the EU in 2014 and has had a hard on for years to bring the whole country under Russian control. He’s beloved of Trumpists and right wing neo-libertarian conspiracy dickwhads. He has had political opponents suppressed, jailed and murdered and he’s now invaded an independent country in case they decide their economic future lies elsewhere.  Regardless of our own shitty history in empire building, he’s the fucker this time. 

Something else I can't get my head around.

I'm assuming the trump fan club are huge fans of freedom,,(freedom to carry an uzi, freedom to marry your cousin etc)are not keen in state intervention etc yet are supportive of a person who completely opposes all this.

"It’s clearly unsustainable for a humanitarian organisation like the NHS to have any commercial links whatsoever with Putin’s murderous regime." says Jeremy Hunt.

Obviously the Tories aren't humanitarian or humane or human and so can happily keep those Russian roubles in their accounts.

• Upvote 2

The interview with the former Ukrainian Tennis player on the Beeb this morning was an emotional watch.

He’s returned to Kyiv to help, but seemed incredibly torn by the decision he’s made versus staying where he was with his wife and young family. Said he couldn’t live with himself if he’d stayed, but now is struggling to live with himself because he’s left them and has no idea when/if he’ll see them again.

I guess there’s stories like his multiplied many times over. 

War is stupid. 

• Upvote 1