You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Keir Starmer

rb14

50 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

Democracy! Yay!

Sarwar was zalking bunkum when he said stopping the two child penalty might spook the markets and has rightly been ridiculed. Unlike Truss's high end uncosted giveaways to the rich and wealthy which pushed up intrest rates so making mortgages more expensive this would've done nothing of the sort. The money parents saved would almost 100% will be going straight back into the local economy so help fuel growth. It'll easily pay for itself and will benefit the economy as a whole. Most economists welcome it.

As an aside, Britain has some of the lowest Corperation and Capital gains tax rates in Europe. Britain has been crying out fairer and mors progressive tax rates for more than a decade.

Apparently Starmer is sharing a platform with Tony Blair later on one of Tony's very rare interventions into British politics. Blair hasn't given his opinions since Sunday.

I'm getting the feeling this might not go down too well in the unity stakes with the left.

According to the Guardian, scrapping the two-child cap would cost £1.3bn a year and would help 1.1 million children currently in poverty.

According to the Equality Trust, the wealth of the UK's 177 billionaires increased by almost £150 billion between 2020 and 2022.  

Starmer's gobshite cronies are taking their George Osborne tribute act around the news studios and calling the proposal to scrap the cap "unfunded". They are the cunts who choose not to fund it.

• Upvote 2

21 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

Looks like I've found where the line is for me. I've just cancelled my membership, because I can't support a party that keeps children in poverty.

Yeah, I'm voting green with the Mrs.

"It's not enough to survive, you also have to be worthy of survival."

• Upvote 4

59 minutes ago, Strontium said:

Good to see people are being patient and rational and waiting until the manifesto is released before losing their shit.

He's been leader for over three years.  You reckon we should wait another year to see if he pulls his crossed fingers from behind his back and says "HaHaaaa! Suckers! I didn't mean any of those policy announcements. Now let's get back to the stuff I was saying when I was running for the Leadership!"?

Yeah, it could happen, I suppose.

1 hour ago, Anubis said:

Fully expect Sunak to jib the two child cap at some point, in a vain effort to curry favour.

Am I misremembering or has Starmer been caught out like this before; chasing Tory policies, to try to look "grown-up" only for the Tories to change their policies and to leave him holding the turd?

The people who believe anything Team Starmer will say in the manifesto  -  are the same people who thought Swinson could stop Brexit. The same gullible folk who had FBPE in their profile. 

It's not just their words but actions. The mass expulsion of members. The rigging of candidate selection on a wholesale basis. 

1 hour ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

He's been leader for over three years.  You reckon we should wait another year to see if he pulls his crossed fingers from behind his back and says "HaHaaaa! Suckers! I didn't mean any of those policy announcements. Now let's get back to the stuff I was saying when I was running for the Leadership!"?

Yeah, it could happen, I suppose.

Not for me to tell you what to do, but it seems prudent to me to wait and see what else Labour is proposing so you can judge their offering as a whole.

We could all name things we don't like which our parties are presently advocating, but until you can weigh them against any more positive policies, I don't see how it's not cherry-picking.

If the manifesto comes out, and it's mostly shit, with very little good, then by all means tell them to stuff themselves.

1 minute ago, Strontium said:

Not for me to tell you what to do, but it seems prudent to me to wait and see what else Labour is proposing so you can judge their offering as a whole.

We could all name things we don't like which our parties are presently advocating, but until you can weigh them against any more positive policies, I don't see how it's not cherry-picking.

If the manifesto comes out, and it's mostly shit, with very little good, then by all means tell them to stuff themselves.

Think you may have missed the issue with Starmer and promises.