You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronavirus

Bjornebye

47 minutes ago, Moo said:

Only the few they put on the telly and in the papers.

Currently I'm having an internal debate whether to warn my elderly (80+) parent that should the call come to have the vaccine to maybe consider hanging fire in light of the proposed experimentation with it, especially the Pfizer one.

What proposed experimentation?

1 hour ago, Tony Moanero said:

This fella is one of the biggest bellends I’ve seen on Twitter.

What's this obsession with Marxism with these cunts? What has Marxism got to do with closing schools to stop the spread of a virus?

This country is overrun with clueless fuckwits.

• Upvote 6

17 minutes ago, Mook said:

What's this obsession with Marxism with these cunts? What has Marxism got to do with closing schools to stop the spread of a virus?

If you ever fight for your rights in any way, you're automatically a Marxist according to cunts like that! Take it as a compliment!

23 minutes ago, Mook said:

It's because they're thick as fuck, largely. 

42 minutes ago, Mudface said:

https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1344774555718590464.html

Summary of the Imperial report on the new strain. It's very grim reading and probably explains the desperation to get the vaccine out more quickly. As was obvious since they reopened, schools are a big driver of this.

Definitely it's been driven by the schools. It was obvious from the first two weeks of opening that it was happening and there were even the usual suspects on here doing a great Tory impression and denying it was schools. It's not the kids' fault but I'll be delighted until the evidence that the school unions are pressing for that says schools are safe, every school in the UK is closed.

Heard a fella call in on LBC earlier, he’s 87 and being treated for cancer, lost his wife recently, and said he was due to get the vaccine on 6th January with his second shot three weeks later. He received a letter from his doctors this morning telling him both appointments have been cancelled, and no date provided for when he would get it. He was a really sound fella and said to Matt Frei that he wasn’t surprised as “this shower couldn’t organise a booze-up in a brewery”. 

I can see this farce being the thing that finally makes many of the public lose patience with these shitehawks. Johnson will just do what he’s always done and sack Hancock, do a cabinet reshuffle and say “not my fault”.

49 minutes ago, Vincent Vega said:

Heard a fella call in on LBC earlier, he’s 87 and being treated for cancer, lost his wife recently, and said he was due to get the vaccine on 6th January with his second shot three weeks later. He received a letter from his doctors this morning telling him both appointments have been cancelled, and no date provided for when he would get it. He was a really sound fella and said to Matt Frei that he wasn’t surprised as “this shower couldn’t organise a booze-up in a brewery”. 

I can see this farce being the thing that finally makes many of the public lose patience with these shitehawks. Johnson will just do what he’s always done and sack Hancock, do a cabinet reshuffle and say “not my fault”.

Nah I doubt it mate. This is the bit that really gets me down. The British public is complicit in all of this. Johnson was not an unknown quantity. If you had a time machine and asked someone who loves him and voted for him, had pictures of him on the wall, 'how do you think he'd handle a pandemic?', they'd say stuff along the lines of 'positivity', 'bombast', 'patriotism', and 'perhaps not great attention to detail'. 

They put him there, and they tolerate corruption that's now basically widespread and in plain site. 

I was thinking before about how I'd seen something years ago about the Gestapo and how there wasn't actually that many of them, but that it was dependent on people grassing their neighbours up and keeping each other under surveilance. That's basically what you've got here now, the Tories aren't really the enemy - they are what they are, Tory gonna Tory, the enemy are the people around you, people who live at the back of you, accross the office from you, the random racist relative, the cancer is widespread and malignant. 

• Upvote 4

5 hours ago, stringvest said:

Well now I’ve had both vaccinations I’m invincible.  I’m off down the Asda to lick some shopping trolley handles. 

For someone who survived the Chicxulub impact I'm surprised they even bothered mate 

On 04/08/2020 at 09:38, Spy Bee said:

But there needs to be balance between Covid and everything else. Erring on the side of caution for Covid is having knock on effects to mental health, to cancer referrals/treatments, to people not attending the doctors and getting a diagnosis.

I would suggest that similar patterns in many countries/regions, strongly suggest that there is a saturation oint which can be reached and then the virus struggles to continue to spread. London, New York, Balermo, Sweden etc.

2 minutes ago, Anubis said:

No Spybee?

Go on then...

1 hour ago, Vincent Vega said:

Nah this is a bloke who missed numerous COBRA meetings , calls to order mass supplies of PPR were waved away , ignored scientific warnings about the virus and failed to lockdown early that has since cost thousands of lives , and was just February.

Since then it’s been continual fuck up after fuck and each fuck up has led to more and more deaths and yet if there was an election tomorrow he’d win again as now they and their mates in the media are blaming teachers ruining the futures of poor working class children’s futures (which is a joke after 10 years of austerity) when In reality they’re trying to stay safe and halt the threat of the virus 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Champ said:

What proposed experimentation?

Mainly the one where they are apparently changing the tried and tested schedule for the second dose, to 12 weeks instead of 21 days.

https://www.theguardian.com/society/2020/dec/31/covid-vaccine-uk-doctors-criticise-rescheduling-of-second-doses

The potential to pick and mix the type of vaccine given on the second dose doesn't sound great either although they reckon this would only be exceptional circumstances.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Mudface said:

https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1344774555718590464.html

Summary of the Imperial report on the new strain. It's very grim reading and probably explains the desperation to get the vaccine out more quickly. As was obvious since they reopened, schools are a big driver of this.

But if only the vulnerable are at risk why rush to vaccinate everyone else?

It's all about opening up again, consumer society needs consumer confidence.

1 minute ago, Moo said:

They're rushing to vaccinate the vulnerable, that's about 12 million people I think.

11 minutes ago, Moo said:

Mainly the one where they are apparently changing the tried and tested schedule for the second dose, to 12 weeks instead of 21 days.

https://www.theguardian.com/society/2020/dec/31/covid-vaccine-uk-doctors-criticise-rescheduling-of-second-doses

The potential to pick and mix the type of vaccine given on the second dose doesn't sound great either although they reckon this would only be exceptional circumstances.

Surely they'd still be better off having a single dose than no dose.

15 minutes ago, Moo said:

There's more than the vulnerable and old in hospital though isn't there. It's all about the absolute dire state they've left the NHS in that it can't cope with anything out of the.ordinary, it doesn't even cope with a bad flu season.