You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Wolves (H) 29/12/2019 - Premier League - 16:30

Bjornebye

Guest Pistonbroke

They'll rest players against us and have their focus on their game a few days later against Watford. It's what teams do when the they face CL holders and World Champions. 

14 minutes ago, Daisy said:

Anyone think that midfield is functioning better without Fabinho? 

Think Fab is brilliant but maybe we don't need to play him every single game, especially against weaker opposition. 

The midfield is functioning better but I don’t think it’s because of not having Fabinho.

i agree we don’t ‘need’ him in every game now, which is great, but the midfield is only functioning better because the three of Hendo, Gini and Keita are all playing exceptionally well.

its been rare at any point of the last 2 years for all of our midfielders to actually play really well together, and now it’s happening our midfield looks frighteningly good.

4 minutes ago, manwiththestick said:

I'd love it to be 0-0 going into the last few minutes, we get a corner, perfect delivery from Trent and oops, Coady nods it into his own goal. Camera cuts to him just before the game restarts and the faintest of grins can be detected. Pep, Blue Moon and the rest of the country go into meltdown.

Fin.

Alternatively we could just thrash them 6-0

• Upvote 3

Don't rotate just for the sake of it, go as strong as possible.

Wolves are a good side with a good manager, love the way he goes with 2 up top, always giving them a chance.

Big Virg and BJG should have enough pace to deal with Traore and whomever. We need our midfield to dominate and our strikers to be clinical.

The only PL game wearing the World Champions badge, don't fuck it up lads, go out and prove it. Again.

• Upvote 2

Klopp always knew Adama Traore would flourish at the right club. Is he at the right club now or does Klopp want him at the right club? 

I think this deserves to be discussed. 

I met wolves fans on the soccer bus on the last game of the season just gone. They were all ‘ I hope you do it lads’ ( win the league) but then inside the ground all I heard was cheering when City scored,  and chants like ‘raheem Sterling is top of the league’. Brain dead Neanderthals.

we need to batter them and remind them we are world champions at every opportunity, Robbo scoring from 30 yards ands celebrating by pointing to the gold badge in front of their fans.

1 hour ago, halewood pete said:

They are far from shit but we are the best in the world.3-0 to us

Actually they're only a point behind Utd, so close to shit indeed. 

Like sheff Utd, they're getting patted on the head for doing better than expected but they're dung really. 

15 hours ago, Daisy said:

Anyone think that midfield is functioning better without Fabinho? 

Think Fab is brilliant but maybe we don't need to play him every single game, especially against weaker opposition. 

It's functioning nicely, but Fabinho offers better defensive screening and those sexy chips over the opposition back four.  We'll be even better when we get that back in February. 

Guest Pistonbroke
6 hours ago, TheDrowningMan said:

They’re a very good team on an excellent run of form. Much of their success against better teams has come on the counter, and that’s a real concern given our last home performance; if we give them half as many chances as we did Watford, they’ll win.

Apart from their win against City their run of form hasn't been that impressive at all. They drew against Brighton, lost against Spurs at home and scraped past Norwich. In 19 games they've scored 29 goals and converting chances has been a problem for them this season. We've just won the CWC and thrashed Leicester 4-0 away. 

Could we drop points, of course we can, that's the nature of football. We will go into this game as massive favourites though and with our tails up. But hey ho, you just repeat the same old gump before every game, apart from when we don't play in the PL, which I find weird.