Quantcast
Movies you've been obsessed with? - GF - General Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Elite

Movies you've been obsessed with?

Don't have to be the greatest.

I fucking love Training Day, have watched it about 30 times, best performance ever from Denzel in my opinion.

Dead Man's Shoes as well, boss movie that looks like it cost about a tenner to make.

Yeah training day is class. 

Dunno really, when I was a kid it was Return of the Jedi and Wrath of Khan, probably just because I had them on tape. Know them inside out now. 

Have always had a soft spot for The Hunt for Red October too. 

The Lost Boys. Guess it just caught me at the right time as a kid, but it’s the perfect 80s movie with a boss soundtrack. Watch it at least once a year.

• Upvote 2

In an unhealthy way, Martyrs really got under my skin- its sheer savagery and bleakness is astonishing.

In a more enjoyable sense, I've watched The Big Short and Inception a fair few times recently and Life of Brian is always welcome.

Race with the Devil - 1970s cult film which I've seen about 20 times & absolutely love

Dazed & Confused - seen this about 30 times, never gets boring

Superman 3 - This film is so underrated

Deer Hunter - Considering how long it is, I've seen this a good few times too. I like putting it on when I'm drunk & falling asleep to it

Awakenings - hugely underrated film with DeNiro & Robin Williams. My Dad took me to the pictures to see it when it came out & it made a big impression on me

• Upvote 2

Shooters the 90s liverpool gangster movie, watch it all the time nostalgia overload, most recently the Vince Vaughan film Brawl in Cell Block 99, every single scene is brilliant.

• Upvote 2

The Warriors.

It has most things I go for in a film, takes place at night, big city, picaresque structure (travel), unity of place and time, characters with their own moral code, youth gangs.

• Upvote 3

32 minutes ago, Ezekiel 25:17 said:

Shooters the 90s liverpool gangster movie, watch it all the time nostalgia overload, most recently the Vince Vaughan film Brawl in Cell Block 99, every single scene is brilliant.

Cell Block 99 is one of the worst films I’ve seen in decades. Opinions, eh. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Ezekiel 25:17 said:

One of those shooters got sent up a couple of years back for some 'caper' in Runcorn. 

Class film. 

• Upvote 1

Starship Troopers

Robocop

The Twilight Zone The Movie Episode 3 It's a Good Life

Star Wars Episodes I-VI

Backcountry

Digging Up The Marrow

Titanic

1 hour ago, Hank Moody said:

Cell Block 99 is one of the worst films I’ve seen in decades. Opinions, eh. 

Strange that, it was widely received as a really good film, so I can't even put it down to my personal taste.

Mine are all 80’s nostalgia films. Ferris Bueller, Stand by me, Lost boys. The coming of age shit. I’m just in denial about growing up.

Only other I can think of is The Big Lebowski. 

• Upvote 2