You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

January 2019 Transfer Thread

AngryOfTuebrook

2 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

Agree -- but I would have him before Zaha - cheaper with a better upside

Yea,, don’t rate him at all.  I just don’t think we need to take the risks anymore because we don’t need five-six players every window.

Lozano is certainly one to keep an eye on but I’d rather see us put £50m on the table for a surer thing than take punts.

quality over quantity, we’re finally in the position to so.  Once we shift Sturridge off the wage bill in the summer, you’ve got to imagine we’ll bring someone in who actually has a chance to replace one of the front three in times like this.  

• Downvote 1

18 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

PSV are a top club fella -- certainly one of the top 25 in the world now, better previously.

This kid is scoring a stupid amount of goals there too. From the wing

And ironically is the perfect cover for Mane on the left.

You're making a compelling argument. I want to hear the beautiful sound of money being slapped down on the table for this guy.

18 minutes ago, aRdja said:

I wouldn’t be averse to signing Zaha. One takeaway from this summer for me is, Premier League pedigree is not to be sneered at. 

He will end up at one the bigger clubs, I'd rather it was us. At Palace the oppositions defensive game plan is all based around him, leave Benteke free and treble up on Zaha. At Liverpool he would be 1 v 1 most weeks,  he's well capable of destroying any team. He would cost Mahrez type money but thats were we need to get to.

4 minutes ago, No2 said:

He will end up at one the bigger clubs, I'd rather it was us. At Palace the oppositions defensive game plan is all based around him, leave Benteke free and treble up on Zaha. At Liverpool he would be 1 v 1 most weeks,  he's well capable of destroying any team. He would cost Mahrez type money but thats were we need to get to.

Son would’ve been the perfect player for us. 

The agent of Liverpool midfield target Lucas Paqueta was reportedly spotted on Merseyside over the weekend as the Reds look to complete a January deal.

Italian journalist Andersinho Marques claimed that the Flamengo star’s representative, Eduardo Uram, had travelled to Europe to initially discuss a move with AC Milan, despite the Reds being very much in the running for his signature.

And Klopp’s men appear to have stolen a march on other suitors for the 21-year-old, with Uram also said to have visited Anfield to discuss a move for his client.

Globo Esporte reports that Paqueta will be made available for transfer by Flamengo in the January transfer window, with a fee of around £27million being mooted.

Manchester United and Barcelona have also been strongly linked with the player, who is being tipped to become the latest South American prospect to take Europe by storm.

I'm still on the Fekir train and still hoping a re-structured deal with insurance provisions can be struck in January. The lad looks a cracking player and exactly the 'type' of player we're missing at the moment. As I understand he's played 80 games in the last two seasons and regarding his previous/potentially future injuries, I've just heard on 5live tonight one semi-credible journalist (Rory Smith) suggest that we are still interested in permacrock Aaron Ramsey. Someone on here mentioned he is looking for £200,000 a week and apparently feels undervalued on his current low wages. Risk vs reward eh?

Zaha would be good but he comes across a bit of a dickhead. I'm over Fekir now to be honest. Son would be ace but won't ever happen.

Ramsey is fucking boss. He showed that when he came on for arsenal yesterday. His issue is injuries. A fit Ramsey walks into our team. 

thing that grates about Klopp not getting Fekir, a player he obviously identified as someone we need to help fill the undoubted Coutinho void, is that he didn't get him because of a money issue over his knee. something he probably couldn't give two shits about. he wanted the guy and he should get who he wants.

we then proceeded to want top dollar for Ings with his worse knee injury record which struck me as hypocritical.

yeah, we are getting good money for players these days and that's not a bad thing but missing out on scouted targets Klopp wants is not on. especially if it is of detriment to the side missing creativity to help our frantic three.

9 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

missing out on scouted targets

He's not gone anywhere yet

true- but if carries on with the form being shown recently then the fuckers will want more, defeating the point and there will be more competition for his services, when we were previously in pole position. pratting about with fees for players he wants is bollocks which is my main gripe

1 hour ago, thegreatelephant said:

thing that grates about Klopp not getting Fekir, a player he obviously identified as someone we need to help fill the undoubted Coutinho void, is that he didn't get him because of a money issue over his knee. something he probably couldn't give two shits about. he wanted the guy and he should get who he wants.

we then proceeded to want top dollar for Ings with his worse knee injury record which struck me as hypocritical.

yeah, we are getting good money for players these days and that's not a bad thing but missing out on scouted targets Klopp wants is not on. especially if it is of detriment to the side missing creativity to help our frantic three.

You think it's hypocritical to say "we will sell to other clubs when they want to be dumb, but we don't want to be dumb ourselves"?

Because I think it's brilliant. One of the easiest ways for us to compete with the clubs who have more money than us is to figure out edges in the market, and one of the most obvious is to reduce injuries. You reduce injuries 1)by training smarter and 2)by buying fewer players with a history of the kind of injuries that increase the odds of future injuries.