Quantcast
Other Football - 2018/19 Season - Page 767 - FF - Football Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content

17 minutes ago, Ronnie Whelan said:

I always think he looks embarassed by it all. I wonder if a big deal was made regarding the ffp, would he walk before the shit hits the fan.

I doubt he walks any time soon but he has tried to distance himself. He said something like “I believe in what my owner and my sporting director say, they tell me their is no problem and we are within the rules so I believe that”. When he said that I thought he was giving himself a bit of room to get off the hook with the “I’m only the coach” angle.

if it’s happening he knows. They either think they’re too clever for everyone or plan to bully their way out of it. The arrogance with which they’re handling themselves probably suggests both.

in some ways it’s a shame because they’re a good team on the field and his coaching and set up of them has been excellent. Helps when the dice are loaded granted 

54 minutes ago, Shooter in the Motor said:

You probably got more points than the UK entry at Eurovision! 

Haha another thing I'm glad I missed last night!

30 minutes ago, Josef Svejk said:

What? You missed the spectacle of Madonna trying to sing live?

I'm hearing it was embarrassing

9 minutes ago, Toxteth O'Grady said:

Kompany leaves City to become player/manager at Anderlecht on a 3 year contract.

Good move for him.

One scumbag club to another.

Yesterdays final between the Have and Have nots was an utterly pointless spectacle and just hastened the collapse of the once magical FA cup into sheer irrelevance. A pyrrhic victory if ever there was one that does nothing to further the interests of the game despite the wankfest over the City treble.

Real Madrid a goal down at home to Betis. A 'nothing' game for them to be fair but Zidane has got a job on sorting them out. Hazard will go there for sure but not sure where else they can get magic from? Mbappe maybe? They best lay the fuck off Mane and Salah the bastards. 

17 hours ago, 3 Stacks said:

Pep doesn't even enjoy it. He had his head in his hands like he just learned his dog had been run over in the street when the 6th went in. What is he even doing at City?

I hope he doesn't enjoy it, the bald headed twat. Quite a few journalists on Twitter have put their heads above the parapet today and yesterday asking what the point of it all is. He just wants to be lauded over his achievements, but how can he when we all know they club is corrupt. He's massively pissed off the whole ffp thing is overshadowing what he's done. 

22 minutes ago, johnsusername said:

I don't know which journalist is was who asked him about payments, but fair play! 

Rob Harris .

He's one of the few journalists who are questioning what they're up to. You should check out his Twitter page it's very good 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

22 minutes ago, johnsusername said:

I don't know which journalist is was who asked him about payments, but fair play! 

Associated Press apparently.  He won't be visiting City's ground for a while or he'll end up with sand stuffed in his gob and a cattle prod on the bollocks.

1 hour ago, Red_or_Dead said:

Associated Press apparently.  He won't be visiting City's ground for a while or he'll end up with sand stuffed in his gob and a cattle prod on the bollocks.

Might nip there myself , usually have to pay for that sort of stuff.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Red_or_Dead said:

Or an invite to the embassy.

• Upvote 2

11 hours ago, Toxteth O'Grady said:

Kompany leaves City to become player/manager at Anderlecht on a 3 year contract.

Good move for him.

Bet he doesn’t see the season out

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Available Subscriptions

• Last Match Report

• Latest Posts

• Not great news for the City, shows the folly of even considering lending a Private Business money. The Slug must have had more backhanders than Federer.
    • I think he’ll be one of those players that when it clicks it clicks. That period March to April he looked really good, it’s a confidence/ sharpness issue. He’s one of these players that makes the game look very difficult as his strengths are the most difficult aspects of the game, taking the ball in tight spaces and running at people and playing the killer pass. I still have huge faith in him, as the glimpses have been there, I can’t see klopp giving up on a player he held in such high regard.
    • As per a previous post, Echo pad it out.    Government bombshell could send Liverpool Council into the abyss - and hit new Everton stadium plans   A surprise government decision to suddenly hike up the rate it costs cash-strapped local authorities to borrow money for regeneration projects will be a 'tragedy' for Liverpool Council. The council - which has been hit harder than any other city authority during the past decade of austerity - has relied heavily on the Public Works Loans Board (PWLB) for borrowing low-interest loans to use on regeneration and investment projects to try and stimulate the city's economy in the face of continued cuts. Liverpool Mayor Joe Anderson has used the fund to invest in purchases of assets like Everton's training ground Finch Farm and the famous Cunard building to bring in new revenue streams to an authority that has lost a staggering £436m of government funding since 2010.   Last week, without any warning, the Treasury quietly announced it was increasing the interest rate for the PWLB by an entire percentage point - meaning the typical rate for a loan will be increased from 1.8% to 2.8%. Mayor Anderson has described the move as 'the economics of a mad house' - and said it could affect all future regeneration schemes in the city.   In the city council's latest financial reports, it estimates that external borrowing by the authority is set to total a huge £890m this year - a figure projected to rise to a giant £1.308bn in four years time.   He told the ECHO: "This is a disastrous move. Many councils are like us and rely on the Public Works Loans Board to invest in our local areas and grow the economy. "In my view this just shows again what a total disconnect there is between government and local authorities - there is a total lack of understanding of what we are up against.   "Local authorities have been using these loans to make investments and raise funds during these times of austerity - to to make this harder to do is absolute madness.   "The government is intent on making councils rely on business rates and Council Tax to fund vital services in the future and so we need to grow both of these areas to make us sustainable - this decision will stop us being able to do that. It is the politics of a mad house." "It is absolutely going to stifle growth in the city." Everton fans may remember mention of the Public Works Loans Board in relation to plans for the Blues new stadium. When Mayor Anderson first suggested that the council could borrow government money to fund a large portion of the Bramley-Moore Dock project and receive a regular return - he said it would be using this facility. While it seems as though Everton are moving away from taking up the council's offer - the club's preferred method of funding the new stadium has yet to be announced.   Lib Dem Councillor Andrew Makinson said news of the sudden rise showed Liverpool Council has been taking too many risks with its borrowing. He said: "This is what happens when councils like Liverpool misuse Public Works Loans for schemes like buying up shopping centres and lending money to Billionaires.   "Playing Monopoly with public money was never something that was never going to be allowed to continue long term. "This will be a tragedy for many genuine worthwhile projects in our city and our communities will now suddenly become unaffordable." But Mayor Anderson responded and said that when it comes to Bramley-Moore Dock, any additional costs - including an increased interest rate - would be met by Everton.   He said: "With regards to Everton, if we were to be involved - we have always said that any of those extra costs would be picked up by the club." If Everton were moving away from taking up the council's borrowing offer to help fund the new stadium - news of an increased interest rate in any such deal may end any idea of local authority involvement altogether. Mayor Anderson that said where the council has borrowed from the PWLB previously - that had been done at the previous interest rate and would not be affected, but said future projects would need to be carefully looked at in the context of the shock government move.
    • Harvey seems like a little bit of a bellend. Hopefully he grows up and becomes more likeable before he plays again because my throat can't handle sustained 90 minute booing at the TV.
  • Latest Round Up

• Popular Contributors