Quantcast
Naby Keita - Page 150 - FF - Football Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content

Welcome to the new and improved TLW!

Some of you may experience issues logging in and will get an 'incorrect password' error. Don't worry, you haven't typed it in wrong and your password hasn't been changed. You will need to reset it though in order to log in. Click the reset password link and you will receive an email with your new temporary password. Once logged in, you need to choose a new password (or restore to your old one) otherwise you will be locked out again.

If you have an out of date email address linked to your account, then you won't receive the new password. If that's the case then you'll need to email me (dave @liverpoolway.co.uk) or send me a tweet @theliverpoolway and I'll update your password manually. 

Any other problems or questions just let me know.

Thanks

Dave

aRdja

Naby Keita

Is he our "Fred"?

When he got swatted off the ball late on for a Brighton attack, I winced.

He's firmly in the "I'm sure there's more to come" basket.  That basket is filed under "hope".

• Upvote 1

We moved heaven and earth to sign him and Klopp has said he thinks he's one of the best midfielders in the world. He'll be fine eventually. Klopp's shown his judgement is basically impeccable and he showed too much ability in Germany.

That said, he's been absolutely atrocious thus far. He's had one great game and two or three decent ones. Nowhere near good enough. 

6 minutes ago, Luckyhillkop said:

He's going to get better. He's far too good not to. 

Don't see the evidence. Aquilani was similarly good in Serie A. You have to be terrible to not get in ahead of Henderson in this form. 

Aquilani was crap and injured most of the time in Serie A.  I think he had a decent number of assists among the injuries hence we signed him.  A strange signing.

56 minutes ago, J-V said:

Aquilani was crap and injured most of the time in Serie A.  I think he had a decent number of assists among the injuries hence we signed him.  A strange signing.

It wasnt strange. It was a deal built on installments. It was all we could afford at the time.

7 hours ago, 3 Stacks said:

We moved heaven and earth to sign him and Klopp has said he thinks he's one of the best midfielders in the world. He'll be fine eventually. Klopp's shown his judgement is basically impeccable and he showed too much ability in Germany.

That said, he's been absolutely atrocious thus far. He's had one great game and two or three decent ones. Nowhere near good enough. 

Can't disagree. We need to get him into the side and stick with him, get some serious minutes into his legs and play him into form. Or not, as the case maybe.

However is that a luxury and a risk that Klopp can really afford to take ? Probably not, and there in lies the conundrum.

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Hades said:

Don't see the evidence. Aquilani was similarly good in Serie A. You have to be terrible to not get in ahead of Henderson in this form. 

I get your point of view. If you go by what he has shown us so far, yup he is just another player. But looking at his RBL time, he was a monster. A player who dominated and weaved through opposition midfield. 

I expected him to really establish himself in the 2nd half of the season but it seems unlikely now. The start stop he's having with us isn't helping at all. Maybe he'll kick on next season but hopefully sooner. Like I said he's far too good not to. And I trust Klopp to get the best out of him. 

I’m 100% sure that Naby is going to kick in and become awesome for us. Seems like he has a slow trajectory getting used to the premiership and probably life in uk. He’ll come good - I just hope Klopp sticks with him. It’s a lot of pressure for the lads and the price tag makes it worse. 

I think he will flop and will be sold after next season. I think chainsmoker Cole showed more promise in liverpool then Keita has. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3

7 hours ago, Funkasy said:

I think he will flop and will be sold after next season. I think chainsmoker Cole showed more promise in liverpool then Keita has. 

You were also touting the idea of getting rid of Firmino a while back and getting a big grock in the middle to punt the ball up to.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, scudger99 said:

You were also touting the idea of getting rid of Firmino a while back and getting a big grock in the middle to punt the ball up to.

THAT’S FOOTBALL 

8 hours ago, Funkasy said:

Nah!

29 minutes ago, scudger99 said:

It did take him 2 very mediocre seasons before becoming very good for one season, he has then gone a little quiet again this season. Nothing wrong with getting a extra good striker, who was this lump i was suggesting? i cant remember suggesting anyone.

It's probably just the strong coffee I've had, but I'm now backing Naby to explode Andy Robertson style at some stage in the near future.

He'll score against Palace on Saturday.

• Upvote 1

Just now, El Rojo said:

It's probably just the strong coffee I've had, but I'm now backing Naby to explode Andy Robertson style at some stage in the near future.

Robbo gets the shits from coffee too?

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, Funkasy said:

No way. I think there is a bit more than rose tinted glasses here with regards to Joe Cole. I cannot remember him showing any promise for us at all. Keita hasn't really done anything this season either, but using Joe Cole as progress, not having that.