You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

May calls General Election on 8 June

jimmycase

Final Survation poll. I'm posting this one because I like it.

Survation. @Survation

·

9m

FINAL CALL #GE2017 CON 41.3 LAB 40.4 LD 7.8 UKIP 2.4 SNP 3.6 PC 1.7 GRE 2.3 OTH 0.5 SAMPLE SIZE 2798 F/W 6-7TH JUNE

YouGov actually changed methodology and allocated don't knows in their final poll. Bad form to change at the last minute. It showed a bigger Tory lead of 7.

• Upvote 1

William Hill betting not great , over and under on Labour seats at 206.5 and Tories odds on at 366.5. They have Corbyn still Labour leader at 11pm on Friday at 1/6 and interestingly have him at only 7/4 to be the next pm with Boris next on the betting at 6/1.

Bunch of cowards more like.

We've faced some uncomfortable truths about media bias, about environment, about foreign policy, about policing, about the NHS, about social care, about fascism, about child poverty, about schools, about Brexit.... and a vote for Tories is a vote to dodge discussion of each and every one of these difficult issues.

Cowardly bastards vote blue, the brave vote otherwise.

True. Tell them Michael.

Don't be afraid.

https://youtu.be/s9KTU6TvKF4

Labour Labour Labour Labour Labour Labour Labour Labour Labour Labour Labour Labour Labour Labour Labour Labour Labour Labour Labour Labour Labour Labour Labour Labour Labour Labour Labour Labour Labour Labour Labour Labour Labour Labour Labour Labour Labour Labour

Good Luck Jeremy Lad

Vote Today

Vote Labour.

Was down at my polling station at 7:05, count at least 1 X in the box for Labour.

I've been texting the kids to rally them to vote and to get all of their own mates and acquaintances to vote Labour too.

Our Reuben, who's at uni in Sunderland, is really vocal and passionate and he can probably ensure that there are at least a hundred or so students that he knows will also vote the same way. Great kid, but as I said to him, think about the here and now but also cast your eye forward a couple of years; do you and your mates really want to be saddled with a 5 figure debt ?! No brainer.

Reverend Randy Watson had it right, I believe that children are the future, and if I'm wrong then Lord I don't ever wanna be right.

Can't see today going off without an 'incident', stay alert everyone.

Felt seriously let down in the last general election. I seem to live in a Labour bubble in what is a strong Tory constituency. It was something like 45% Tory and 19% Labour last time around. Yet all of my friends, every member of my family and most of the Police Officers I know are voting Labour. I know of just two voting Tory. When these are the people that surround you and you see the support Labour have across general forums on the Liverpool sites it's hard to believe that lot will get in. I just don't get exposed to many of them at all so you end up asking how can they possibly win.

I'm preparing myself for the worst.

Looking like a comfortable Tory win, people ultimately vote for what they perceive as their own self-interest. The irony is that May's Brexit will be a disaster, many of the Brexit economic forecasts make reference to an infrastructure investment plan not dissimilar to Labour's. I equate this to the masses voting for Trump in the US, blindly voting for a candidate who is clearly going to make their situation worse.

Felt seriously let down in the last general election. I seem to live in a Labour bubble in what is a strong Tory constituency. It was something like 45% Tory and 19% Labour last time around. Yet all of my friends, every member of my family and most of the Police Officers I know are voting Labour. I know of just two voting Tory. When these are the people that surround you and you see the support Labour have across general forums on the Liverpool sites it's hard to believe that lot will get in. I just don't get exposed to many of them at all so you end up asking how can they possibly win.

I'm preparing myself for the worst.

Wouldnae worry Charles about feeling you're in a bubble, Danny Dorling put up some graph from the last election that showed that it's not only a social but also a geographical divide as to peoples politics and that it's increased over the last few elections. i.e. That not only people don't communicate with those from different political backgrounds as much as they used to, they now also don't live in the same place as them.