You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Lucas

Kevin D

Klopp's a players' manager and Lucas is a players' player. Natural they'd get on well.

Looks to me that Klopp gave both Lucas and Allen a chance to win the position and settled on Lucas. He won't often have to face the firepower that Chelsea have.

Everybody will get injured eventually, Allen probably more likely than Lucas.

It's good to see him doing well after being messed about at various times. I'm still of the opinion that we can upgrade, and for such a pivotal position we could do with some competition, but he's proving the importance of the role, and why it was absurd to neglect it for so long.

This is pretty much my position on Lucas. We could do with someone to come in to compete with him. Rodgers didn't seem to rate him all that much so it was strange to see that the players that he purchased have all been more comfortable playing alongside a defensive midfielder e.g., Allen, Can, Milner. It would be ideal if Rossiter could be that player for us, would save us a few million pounds. Dynamite could probably tell us what the likelihood of that happening is...

Klopp's a players' manager and Lucas is a players' player. Natural they'd get on well.

Looks to me that Klopp gave both Lucas and Allen a chance to win the position and settled on Lucas. He won't often have to face the firepower that Chelsea have.

He gave Allen half an hour and then gave up on him.

With klopp playing skrtel our best cb and lucas our best dm our chances of a title will depend on them staying fit unless reenforcements arrive midway, keep those two fit keep sakhos link up with skrtel and lucas protecting and give the other fairies a chance to get forward, henderson needs keeping in the reserves, hes got the engine but not the quality and should be behind a shit joe allen and the young lads like chiv and ross when he comes back, hes done nothing here in his time and is symptomatic of us waiting for an 18m investment in a water carrier coward captain crap a player who wouldnt make evertons team who has fooled a few with a fistpump but is as threatening as a dead goldfish theres no seat space on this train for water pails this isnt jack and jill its blitzkreig, klopp on stops for kittens served by the tealady on a tray let him lift them out each from under the silver getting a kiss on thyne bonce in jurgens wonderment before carefully placing them back as he returns to nights of long knives and the torture under a three gigawatt lamp of the traitor lovren. In essence at least.

If Klopp was choosing a captain now, I think he'd get the job as he's got game intelligence which is a quality our squad generally lacks. He was one foul away from a red yesterday but Klopp trusted him to see the game out which tells its own story.

Maybe we'll buy a better DM if we've got £20m or so spare but until then I think he'll keep his place with Henderson alongside him.

Allen doesn't play the same position as Lucas, Lucas is the only defensive midfielder in the squad.

Really? What makes you think so Moof? Let's discuss this.

I don't think Klopp would give up on a player after 45 mins of football played out of position. He's hopefully given up on the idea of playing him as the deepest midfielder.

Plus he played 90 mins in the league cup and did very well once Lucas came on so he could actually play in his best area which is between the halfway line and the oppositions box.

I don't think Allen has a long term future here but that's more to do with having an abundance of similar midfielders and the fact that I don't think he's perfectly suited for what I believe Klopp wants to do rather than him being a shit player.

I don't think Klopp would give up on a player after 45 mins of football played out of position. He's hopefully given up on the idea of playing him as the deepest midfielder.

Plus he played 90 mins in the league cup and did very well once Lucas came on so he could actually play in his best area which is between the halfway line and the oppositions box.

I don't think Allen has a long term future here but that's more to do with having an abundance of similar midfielders and the fact that I don't think he's perfectly suited for what I believe Klopp wants to do rather than him being a shit player.

I did mean as a defensive midfielder, I should've clarified. If he hadn't, he would've subbed him on for Lucas yesterday.

Anyone who slates him is a cunt, he gives everything and takes the shite for doing what he does.

Sadly, he is one of our overlooked players in respect of taking one for the team.

Yes he gets the cards, but for work rate, he is right up there.

I personally hated him when he first came here, but god almighty I love him for what he does now.

Lucas, top man, top player, and gives his all for the cause.

Anyone who says different, fuck off and die :)

Yer ma.