You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Jordan Henderson, MBE: World Club Cup, European Cup, European Super Cup, Premier League, FA Cup, League Cup & Charity Shield Winning Captain of Liverpool (and massive sellout)

dennis tooth

40 minutes ago, Megadrive Man said:

I think the point is captain Rainbow laces should have already known that going to Saudi Arabia was a mistake, for a good number of reasons.

If he was worried about reduced playing time he could have either worked even harder to win his place back here or gone to another Premier League club where he'd be a regular. 

Absolutely spot on. It's not like his choice was Liverpool's bench or Saudi. His lack of willingness to fight for a place shows one of two things. He's a shit bag or he knows he's finished. If it's the latter, he could have chosen a different retirement home.

But the reason he didn't, is they'd have unlikely matched the astronomical wages Liverpool paid him. I am certain if he had said to LFC at the end of May can we call it quits, I'll walk away from the £20m left on my contract if you give me a free, then he'd have had a host of retirement jobs to choose from, like he's finding now. But he didn't want to walk away from that money, because he's a greedy cunt. So he found a job that actually paid him more, regardless of who was paying the wage and the impact it had on his reputation. 

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, Barrington Womble said:

there was never going to be a sell on clause - who the fuck in the right mind would pay a fee for him? that's why they've released him in the end, despite telling everyone for a week they want their money back.

i would not even be shocked to find out he has given up his salary to get out of the contract. if he comes back to the UK, I would have thought he was inline for double taxation anyway. 

They paid 14m and a shit load of wages. Giving his salary back won't be enough, they're still 14m in the red in that scenario. I reckon he's paid back more than his salary. 

23 minutes ago, lifetime fan said:

Easily done, if he didn’t put money first. 

The story has gone from Al Ettifaq won’t accept a loan to accepting him cancelling his contract. 

Let’s wait and see what the full story is first. 

2 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

The story has gone from Al Ettifaq won’t accept a loan to accepting him cancelling his contract. 

Let’s wait and see what the full story is first. 

It’s easy either way if he didn’t put the money first. 

As I’ve said all along. 

Just now, lifetime fan said:

It’s easy either way if he didn’t put the money first. 

As I’ve said all along. 

The headline might be that, the lower level details likely paint a different story - hence wait for the full story. 

However, I’ve always found attention to detail is not your forte, so there isn’t really any point discussing this further. 

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, Strontium said:

I'd love to hear what Jurgen Knows thinks about all this, but I think he was transferred from Saudi Arabia to Iran in the summer window.

French football star Karim Benzema has filed a defamation lawsuit against France's interior minister for accusing him of having links with the Muslim Brotherhood, local media reports.

Gérald Darmanin said in October that Mr Benzema "has a notorious link" with the Sunni Muslim Islamist group.

The comment "undermines" his honour and reputation, Mr Benzema's lawyer said.

The Muslim Brotherhood is banned in several countries, including Egypt, Russia, and Saudi Arabia.

5 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

French football star Karim Benzema has filed a defamation lawsuit against France's interior minister for accusing him of having links with the Muslim Brotherhood, local media reports.

Gérald Darmanin said in October that Mr Benzema "has a notorious link" with the Sunni Muslim Islamist group.

The comment "undermines" his honour and reputation, Mr Benzema's lawyer said.

The Muslim Brotherhood is banned in several countries, including Egypt, Russia, and Saudi Arabia.

Henderson gets a lot of stick on here, but linking him with global terrorism is a bit of a stretch.

It’s the one positive thing I can say about him at the moment, at least he’s never been linked with global terrorism.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Carvalho Diablo said:

Tbh I think you lot are being really harsh on the skipper.

I know your being sarky but I think how other players have got away criticism free is a bit unfair. Bobby for example is still held in high affection. Is he not guilty of sportswashing a regime that murders gay people too?

( It stings more with Hendo due to how he positioned himself, I get that.)

On 14/01/2024 at 22:15, Red74 said:

Hendersons a very lucky man. If Keita didn’t suffer with a brittle brain and the Ox could have stayed fit for longer than 5 minutes he’d have hardly played for us. I honestly don’t think Klopp ever really rated him as a footballer and Henderson knew it. 

This is bullshit. Yes,Henderson is a two faced hypocrite and flag shagging bastard but he was a talented player who captained a phenomenal side to every honour we could win. There was no 'luck' about it,he earned his place and Klopp never had any problem with him. This is just revisionist bollocks. 

• Upvote 8

all joking aside, its a pretty cool move for Henderson. 

maybe because of my age, i still see ajax is a massive club, i remember them winning the champions league back to back with Jari Litmanen and all those other amazing dutch players. 

so he now gets to play in a league that will, in all honesty, suit his age, play in front of a huge, loyal crowd, and also live in one of the worlds great cities. 

From a henderrson perspective, whats not to like

1 minute ago, VERBAL DIARRHEA said:

To campaign against prostitution in Amsterdam. He will lead the ban Red Lights Campaign. It could be havoc on the roads though.

No. Seriously?

My money’s on homesickness